Points used for Reservations

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
after you make a reservation is there a way to see what UY the points where taken from and which contract (if you have more than one)? TYIA

On the last page, once the reservation is confirmed, but before you go back to your dashboard, there is a points summary,

It will show it there, I always screenshot it so I remember what was used,

When you have more than one contract, it pulls current UY points in the order you select, However, any banked or borrowed points from all contracts will be taken first, even if it doesn’t seem like it will until it’s confirmed.

So banked points are used before current year?

Oooh! Also!

If I book a trip today for August 2021 and I have banked points and current points. That res will use the banked points first?

Then next week I book a trip for May 2021.

When I take the May trip will the banked points be used for that trip? Or are they "assigned" to the Aug trip?

I hope this makes sense

On the last page, once the reservation is confirmed, but before you go back to your dashboard, there is a points summary,

It will show it there, I always screenshot it so I remember what was used,

When you have more than one contract, it pulls current UY points in the order you select, However, any banked or borrowed points from all contracts will be taken first, even if it doesn’t seem like it will until it’s confirmed.
so unless you screen shot the reservation confirmation, there is no way to tell?

So banked points are used before current year?

Oooh! Also!

If I book a trip today for August 2021 and I have banked points and current points. That res will use the banked points first?

Then next week I book a trip for May 2021.

When I take the May trip will the banked points be used for that trip? Or are they "assigned" to the Aug trip?

I hope this makes sense

When you book, it will always take the points most restricted first, so banked first.

If you book the Aug 2021 first, then once it takes the banked points, they will be there unless you cancel,

If does not reallocate on its own so if you want banked to be used in May, you have to book that one first

If you did book May after August trip, and the Aug trip gets canceled before May, then you can get them switched,

But, if you went in May and then in June had to cancel August, they can’t apply the banked points to a trip already completed.

so unless you screen shot the reservation confirmation, there is no way to tell?

Not easily, You would have to go back through each of the points activity statement of figure it out,

I make so many adjustments that it becomes really hard for me! That is why I reverted to doing that, A call to MS might be able to figure it out easier for you.

When you book, it will always take the points most restricted first, so banked first.

If you book the Aug 2021 first, then once it takes the banked points, they will be there unless you cancel,

If does not reallocate on its own so if you want banked to be used in May, you have to book that one first

If you did book May after August trip, and the Aug trip gets canceled before May, then you can get them switched,

But, if you went in May and then in June had to cancel August, they can’t apply the banked points to a trip already completed.
Can you call to have the points allocation switched? I dont actually have this scenario I am just trying to learn what I can.

Can you call to have the points allocation switched? I dont actually have this scenario I am just trying to learn what I can.

You can do it easily online. The key is that the points must be in the account and not in a reservation to move them around.

But, if you end up with banked or borrowed points and have a trip with current UY points in it, then you simply modify the trip, and go through without changing a thing and at the end, once you confirm again, it will take the restricted points,

Or, you can always call MS and they will do it for you.

You can do it easily online. The key is that the points must be in the account and not in a reservation to move them around.

But, if you end up with banked or borrowed points and have a trip with current UY points in it, then you simply modify the trip, and go through without changing a thing and at the end, once you confirm again, it will take the restricted points,

Or, you can always call MS and they will do it for you.
Ok. I gotcha! Just modify without changing anything. Thank You!

Actually you can tell which points were used for the reservation. Select "My Vacation Points" from the "My DVC" menu. Then select the use year in which the reservation falls. Each contract (if you have more than one) is listed. Select "View Contract Activity Summary" on the contract you want to see. If you have more than one contract and more than one was used for the reservation, you will need to look at more than one contract.

Hope this helps,
John

Actually you can tell which points were used for the reservation. Select "My Vacation Points" from the "My DVC" menu. Then select the use year in which the reservation falls. Each contract (if you have more than one) is listed. Select "View Contract Activity Summary" on the contract you want to see. If you have more than one contract and more than one was used for the reservation, you will need to look at more than one contract.

Hope this helps,
John

Just to add that if you are someone who makes a lot of changes, sometimes it takes a little investigating when doing this.

So, there is an arrow at the bottom that will load more pages if you need to get to an earlier date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter