Police respond to reported fall at the Contemporary

I remember Jim Hill once said that the Contemporary has a special tent ready at all times for when this happens.. I think it has happened a few times more than people know
I think Disney is pretty good about making news disappear... so sad that you would go to the happiest place in the world.
Here is a list of accidents
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_at_Walt_Disney_World
After reading through them , there is certainly some tragic things that have happened at the resorts..

Last edited:
How tragic. :(

I hope if there were any witnesses, they will seek out therapy if need be.

Last edited:
Wasn’t there an incident this past Dec where a woman jumped off the ferry in a suicide attempt or was that just to swim with the fishies?

Going to take a moment just to share the National Suicide Prevention Hotline.

1-800-273-TALK
1-800-273-8255

Prayers for all involved.

I would add to this talk to your kids at length the first time they have any questions regarding suicide. By 10-12 years old our kids had our mantra of suicide is a permanent answer to temporary problems ingrained in them by the wife and I.

The little boy who tragically died in the Seven Seas Lagoon in 2016 was not attacked by an alligator. He drowned after paddling at the edge and then falling over the sudden drop into deeper water. There have always been plentiful signs about not going into the water, but, guests always choose to ignore safety signs all around the WDW area.

Wasn’t there an incident this past Dec where a woman jumped off the ferry in a suicide attempt or was that just to swim with the fishies?
Yea, and she refused all the help they tried to give her. Thats one thing i have never done thought that water looks like something i want to jump into. Talk about attention getter.

The little boy who tragically died in the Seven Seas Lagoon in 2016 was not attacked by an alligator. He drowned after paddling at the edge and then falling over the sudden drop into deeper water. There have always been plentiful signs about not going into the water, but, guests always choose to ignore safety signs all around the WDW area.

What? I’ve never heard this?

Wait What?? Literally every single news source talks about the dad reaching into the alligator's mouth and all the other details.

That is incorrect.

I’ll join rteetz here and say that your info is completely wrong. It was an alligator, the father tried to pull him from the alligator’s grasp and couldn’t. There are a lot of other details known that don’t need to be repeated but it absolutely was an alligator attack.

Where in the world did you hear that? Absolutely untrue. There were signs about not going in the water. But there have not always been signs about alligators and snakes like there are now.

Goodness, talk about revisionist history. None of that is true.

If reference is to the Grand Floridian incident, it was absolutely an alligator attack. Hence why the signs, rocks and rope fences now and memorial at Grand Floridian.

I remember Jim Hill once said that the Contemporary has a special tent ready at all times for when this happens.. I think it has happened a few times more than people know
Agreed. I used to run operations for a local disaster mitigation company and we had a contract with Disney to clean up anything bad. Water, fire, mold, sewage, death. Death was way more common than the news reports and the Contemporary was a relative hotspot for this sort of thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!