Poll: Best Character Interaction please!

Best Character Interaction

• Cindy's Royal Table

• Chef Mickeys

• 1900 Park Fare

• Garden Grill

• Liberty Tree Tavern

• Crystal Palace

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

vasoccermom

Mouseketeer
I know things change and opinions differ so I'm curious to see which character meal has provided the best character interaction
(since most of us take our families for the characters rather than the food, I thought this might be worthwhile to see!)

Thanks for your replies!

Karen:wave2:

When we went to WDW 3 years ago, we did 3 character meals. The best character interaction we had was at Garden Grill. This restaurant didn't feel at all crowded and when the characters came around to our table, they really spent a great deal of time with us - not only doing the required autograph/photo pose. At one point, Pluto had DS on the floor in a tickling contest! The rotating views also adds some interest when the characters are not there. The food was very good - not our favorite, but good.

The second best character interaction we had was at Crystal Palace. All characters came around and a few spent more time playing. Tigger and Pooh grabbed DD's stuffed Eeyore and played catch with him for a bit. They didn't spend quite as much time with us as at Garden Grill, but it was still great. The food here (dinner) was our favorite.

Our last character meal was the Cinderella breakfast. The characters were good, but didn't seem to do much more than make the rounds to sign autograph books and take pictures. Maybe because they are "princesses", they didn't seem as spontaneous and fun.

This is just one experience and was 3 years ago, so take it for what it's worth. Have fun planning and enjoy your trip!

We're doing Garden Grill this time, so I'm curious to see how it is, but I've read the best things about it. We loved chef Mickeys last time. All of the characters were excellent. Goofy was the best!! It's also interesting to see Cindy's didn't do so well so far considering how much trouble we go to for a PS. Wonder if that will change as more people vote ! :D

i voted other as we like donald's. it is good for older children and adults. but we do like cindy's and LTT.:tongue:

I voted "other" for Mickey's Backyard BBQ. The characters come out on the dance floor and stay for the most of the evening. Kids can go up anytime they want and dance, ask for autographs & pose for pictures. At many of the character meals, the characters come to your table and leave. Like I said, at Backyard BBQ they stay most of the evening and you can be with them at anytime.

The characters include: Chip, Dale, Goofy, Minnie
::MinnieMo and of course Mickey Mouse.::MickeyMo

We found we do better if we do Breakfast after 10 & lunches after 1:45. For dinner we have only done CM & we went around 8 & it was enjoyable.

Kae

i voted other...
The best we ever had is no longer a character meal... Hollywood and vine

Second best wasn't on the list either... Donald's Breakfastosaurus

We've had good interaction at Crystal Palace and CRT

We had terrible interaction at Chef Mickey's. Waited forever (over an hr) and the server for the table next to us had to finally go complain because the character were not visiting the room we were in. I don't think they character or handler knew about the room behind/above the buffet. It was very hard on the kids in our area watching the character visit the main room several time, while they were being ignored.

Garden Grill dinner has been the best character interaction we've found at any meal, with the Polynesian breakfast coming in second. At the GG, characters stopped by multiple times, and spent lots of time playing with us. And "us" was two adults! We noticed that the characters also spent more than enough time playing with the kids at tables around us.

I think the best best, however, is always to try meals during "off hours" before or after the main meal rush. Obviously, with a less crowded restaurant, the characters can spend more time at each table.

Doug

We also loved the character interaction at the Garden Grill. The worst was 1900 Park Faire for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter