POLL: How many are interested....

MagicalMomAZ

DIS Veteran
Ok...I have posted a question to the lime green color.

On the Welcome board where i started they have adopted a color, I would guess just for their board. They chose lime green.
Some wear the color, some create tees for the entire fam, some may just use shoe laces of the color.
Then....there's the LMMHPC (lime green mickey head paint chips) from HD (home depot). You snatch some....write your screen name on them then attatch to your hotel room door, clothing, bags, strollers, etc.

There is also a strong love of crocs & REI Bagallinni's but that is beside the point of the color.

Here is my proposition: The DCA board chooses a color. We use it in a like way or choose a new way. Yellow for sunny CA? Or something that everyone loves....that was if we see a fellow "Disser" or DCA board member while at DL- we can give a "Hey, have fun!" Through the crowd. :wave:

What do ya say? I am new...I haven't earned my ears yet so if there are skeptics of the idea I understand ... but since this board will most likely become my board of choice I thought I'd share the idea. :blush:

Interesting thought. I'd like to see what others think. It seems like Lime Green isn't just the WDW DISers color, I think it is the color for the whole DISboards. I've done a couple DCL cruises and lime green shows up there too.

However, I'm not opposed to something different. What does everyone else think?

I thought lime green was THE colour for all DISers? Is their different colours for different things? DANG and I thought I had this LMMHPC thing finally figured out!

:disrocks:

Lime green is the official color of the entire DIS board. It might be confusing to try and adopt a second color.

Nice thought, MagicalMomAZ, but as Judy said the "official" color of the DIS is limegreen, regardless of where we DISers go. :thumbsup2

I think MagicalMom was under the impression that the lime green was a WDW DIS thing, rather than for the whole DIS (given that few people on the DL side even know anything about an official color.) I think she was just looking for a way for DIS folks to identify one another at DL (if lime green wasn't the thing.)

So I say: Lime it up! Wear your Crocs and lime green t-shirt, tag your Baggalini with LGMHPCs, and who knows? Someone might give you the secret greeting and handshake! :thumbsup2

It's okay! :thumbsup2 I wasn't sure b/c I never saw a thread about it on here as there is on the Welcome board, it really grabs your eye over there...
Lime green is as good as any ... it too catches your eye! ;)

Oops! Alex2k & I replied simultaneously! Jinx! :)

Yes...that is what I thought, just b/c it isn't brought up over here. So for all you newbies.....lime green is your team color! :bounce:

Alex2kMommy said:
So I say: Lime it up! Wear your Crocs and lime green t-shirt, tag your Baggalini with LGMHPCs, and who knows? Someone might give you the secret greeting and handshake! :thumbsup2

ok now im in trouble...I have NO idea what the secret greeting and handshake is...*hangs head in shame* :guilty:

disneegrl4eva said:
ok now im in trouble...I have NO idea what the secret greeting and handshake is...*hangs head in shame* :guilty:

ditto.....guess I am earning my ears for a reason.

I have no idea what post it is....but on the Welcome board they go over the history of the green among other things likes handshakes....you have to reach 500 posts to be let in on the secret handshake.....unless I'm gullible & they were joking. Well, I AM guulible but you need to check for yourself b/c I'm just not sure anymore! :crazy:

I got partway through that post about the secret handshake and gave up, it was taking waaaay too long to navigate to page 297 or whatever it was. :rolleyes:

They were also having a hilarious discussion of how to secretly signal to a person wearing lime green to ask if they are a DISer. Do you make some weird sign and have the person quickly wander off thinking you're a kook? :lmao:

I'll wear my Crocs and my LGMHPC tag, that's it. If you notice it, say hello! There. How hard is that? I'm all for keeping it simple. :sunny:

I'm off to Home Depot to get my Mickey Ears!! Okay some questions...

What is LGMHPC tag? I know wht Crocs and I just might head over to Nordstroms to get myself a pair but then again, it might be raining in November! Oh and I saw someone posting about a Baggelini? What's that? I need to really catch up on all the Disney verbatum!!

LGMCPC = Lime Green Mickey Head Paint Chip.

I learned about this on the Welcome board, they are a Disney paint chip in the shape of a Mickey head silouhette. Home Depot (HD) are the only ones that offer Disney paint. I think it's called Alien Green.

Supposedly you write your screen name on them, attach them to whatever you have on you (including your hotel room door) & that way a fellow Disser can see who you are & pass along a hello. :)

A bagallinni (sp?) is a bag that REI sells (Google it), it's like a messenger bag w/ all kinds of pockets. They say on the Welcome board it's a must have but I don't like the colors offered....I'm sure I could find something similar in a dept. store....

MagicalMomAZ said:
A bagallinni (sp?) is a bag that REI sells (Google it), it's like a messenger bag w/ all kinds of pockets. They say on the Welcome board it's a must have but I don't like the colors offered....
You guys are too funny! The baggalini (or however the heck it's spelled) does seem to be the bag of choice for the WDW folks, but I'm just using a plain old backpack.

Actually there is no official handshake, but there is an official Emu cluck, and a prefered brand of canned corn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter