Poll: Refund or Credit?

Refund or Credit?

• Refund

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • Credit

Votes: 64 36.0%
  • Why hasn’t my cruise been cancelled yet?!?!

Votes: 34 19.1%
  • Still hoping to sail!

Votes: 20 11.2%

• Total voters

MinnieB

Earning My Ears
We received the email today that our late April cruise was cancelled, which we had been expecting for a while now. We were traveling with a few other families and couldn’t find another time that would work for everyone, plus we don’t know when we will feel comfortable traveling again. That led us to take the refund. Curious how many people have opted for the enhanced credit or the refund?

We booked through Costco and have not received anything from them yet... anyone get an email from Costco yet? Our cruise was April 25th. If you did get an email, when did you get it and what were your options?

We booked through Costco and have not received anything from them yet... anyone get an email from Costco yet? Our cruise was April 25th. If you did get an email, when did you get it and what were your options?
We are on the April 24 repo to Vancouver on the Wonder and booked through Costco. We have not receive any notice of the cancellation.

I was supposed to sail on the March 14 Magic sailing..... I rebooked with the credit for May 2 because that’s one of 2 weeks my bf has left for vacation this year.... I still haven’t received my refund for taxes, port fees, and grats because those aren’t part of the cruise credit you get, it’s just voyage fare.... I put more money out because those needed to be paid for the future cruise and we switched from 5 ngt Magic to 7 ngt Fantasy.... it looks like as the days pass that this one will prob be cancelled too.... to answer you question FINALLY lol I will be moving it to my bf last week of vacation this year.... hopefully the world will be back on its feet again!!

We received the email today that our late April cruise was cancelled, which we had been expecting for a while now. We were traveling with a few other families and couldn’t find another time that would work for everyone, plus we don’t know when we will feel comfortable traveling again. That led us to take the refund. Curious how many people have opted for the enhanced credit or the refund?
Which cruise were you supposed to be sailing on??

I have a June Alaska cruise booked. Annoyed that Disney hasn't cancelled it yet. (Like they have any other choice.)

Will take a refund.
WAY too much money to leave as a credit.

We were supposed to be on the 4/20 five night Magic cruise to Key West and Bahamas. :(
Ugh sorry I know how this is feeling!! We were literally running around in Thurs night and then got the info that the cruise was canceled for Sat.... I was devastated to say the least but like someone else said looking back now it was for the best.... I want to be excited for May but I’m not because I assume that one will be cancelled as well!! I hope you finally find a trip that works for you to be excited for as well or you get a refund so you can have money back in your pocket!! Take care and stay safe!

So my April cruise has been cancelled and I have re booked for this September

Can someone tell me what happens if that gets cancelled as I used the 125% credit

The September cruise actually cost more so would I get a new credit based on the amount I have paid for the new cruise and would it then be valid for another 15 months

We currently have over $3,000 in non-refundable Southwest credits to use in 2020 (booked when flights were three times the cost they are now) so yeah, credit for us.

We were supposed to be on the March 21 8 day Fantasy sailing. I rebooked for a March 2021 7 day Fantasy sailing. Like a poster above, I now have a bunch of SW credit to use as well. But with everything going on it doesn't stop my family's desire to cruise more. I originally thought about trying to rebook something later this summer but as the situation progressed figured it would be iffy if summer sailings would occur. I had already booked a Christmas cruise so the only other time where we could go was spring break next year. Even with upgrading the room I have about $1,200 in OBC. Still waiting for my refund of the port fees, taxes, etc.

So my April cruise has been cancelled and I have re booked for this September

Can someone tell me what happens if that gets cancelled as I used the 125% credit

The September cruise actually cost more so would I get a new credit based on the amount I have paid for the new cruise and would it then be valid for another 15 months
This is an unprecedented occasion. I'm sorry but there is really no way for anyone to know whats going to happen 6 months from now. I wouldnt even believe the head of DCL if I heard directly from him. That said, I really hope the world is righted enough by then that you dont need to find out what happens. Take care.

This is an unprecedented occasion. I'm sorry but there is really no way for anyone to know whats going to happen 6 months from now. I wouldnt even believe the head of DCL if I heard directly from him. That said, I really hope the world is righted enough by then that you dont need to find out what happens. Take care.

but there must be some sort of policy so I have a rough idea of what could happen

as someone could have had a cruise booked for March and changed to April/ May and be in that situation now and not 6 months

but there must be some sort of policy so I have a rough idea of what could happen

Why must there be a policy for something thats never happened before on a scale so massive that companies are changing policy by the day/ week? I think that's an unreasonable expectation on your part. It's understandable to want it but I want a lot that is just not gonna happen anytime soon. KWIM?

as someone could have had a cruise booked for March and changed to April/ May and be in that situation now and not 6 months

Absolutely. But what the company can bare now and what is can offer now might not be the same if this continues on for several more months. I just dont want you to make plans on possibly a house of cards.

I'd expect DCL to try to kep the offer the same but if that isnt supportable from a business standpoint for them, Id expect them to do what's necessary in order to not go under.

I thought this whole DCL process was a sham. My April 25th Cruise was cancelled. So when I started looking a cruise in for the next 6 month window, as I still wanted to go. Even after the extra 25% credit I was being given towards a sailing i as still going to be out of pocket $500.00 for a guaranteed veranda. When I was able to book my exact stateroom onboard 18 months ago for a heck of a better price.
Shame on DCL for doing this, I understand the situation is out of their control. But at least give me the pricing from 18 months ago, not today’s price. Or heck a straight up trade.

I have a June Alaska cruise booked. Annoyed that Disney hasn't cancelled it yet. (Like they have any other choice.)

Will take a refund.
WAY too much money to leave as a credit.
Same - June Alaska cruise and I'll take the refund.

I thought this whole DCL process was a sham. My April 25th Cruise was cancelled. So when I started looking a cruise in for the next 6 month window, as I still wanted to go. Even after the extra 25% credit I was being given towards a sailing i as still going to be out of pocket $500.00 for a guaranteed veranda. When I was able to book my exact stateroom onboard 18 months ago for a heck of a better price.
Shame on DCL for doing this, I understand the situation is out of their control. But at least give me the pricing from 18 months ago, not today’s price. Or heck a straight up trade.

We are in the same boat. The same cruise for next year in mid May is significantly more expensive. So much so that even if we get the 125% credit, we will still have to pay out of pocket.

If our sailing is cancelled, I will probably just take a refund and book something on very short notice next year. Hopefully for a cheaper price to boot.

We currently have over $3,000 in non-refundable Southwest credits to use in 2020 (booked when flights were three times the cost they are now) so yeah, credit for us.
they have already extended the use of credits expiring up to May 31st 2020 OR created due to a cancellation between March 1 and May 31st both to June 30 2021 - I would guess that you qualify under the latter?

https://www.southwestaircommunity.c...ification-Extending-Travel-Credit/ba-p/103844
I would take a refund and rebook from scratch rather than deal with the current situation even if you do need to travel in the next 14 months to avoid losing your funds. You may decide not to cruise but to do something else. My guess would be once things actually open back up again there will need to be some price reductions to get people on the ships. Right now Disney isn't cutting prices but no one knows what will happen yet.... having cash back would give you the most flexibility, as tempting as the 125% offer is - they are not doing it to be nice, they are doing it to help retain bookings because it is the less flexible thing for the customer.

Last edited:
Originally I was hoping we would still sail on our July cruise, but now I'm hoping they allow us to cancel and get all of our $ back. I'm waiting to hear...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter