Poll: Refund or Credit?

Refund or Credit?

• Refund

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • Credit

Votes: 64 36.0%
  • Why hasn’t my cruise been cancelled yet?!?!

Votes: 34 19.1%
  • Still hoping to sail!

Votes: 20 11.2%

• Total voters
Find it mind boggling they haven’t cancelled the Hawaiian sailings. We are booked on the 29th. In our FB the feeling was DCL would have cancelled by April 1st. Now we are waiting. My only hope is that they reschedule these sailings and include us moving our booking there as an additional option.

Find it mind boggling they haven’t cancelled the Hawaiian sailings. We are booked on the 29th. In our FB the feeling was DCL would have cancelled by April 1st. Now we are waiting. My only hope is that they reschedule these sailings and include us moving our booking there as an additional option.

It seems a lot of people are in this position. With this mindset: they know it's just a matter of time til their cruise is cancelled, so why won't DCL just cancel it already and stop torturing us with waiting?

Well, it's the same reason hospitals don't want everyone to get sick all at once and overwhelm their facilities. They are processing smaller amounts of cruises so that it's not a 10 hour hold time on the phone.

It would help people mentally to know where they stand if DCL just said "Fark it, let's just cancel everything through the end of July." Then they would inundated with calls way beyond their capacity, all with the real possibility of facing with their own reduced staffing due to Covid illness or quarantines.

I work in a small subdivision of radiology in a large hospital. At one point, 100% of our techs were home on quarantine. Our manager had to pull staff from a partner hospital to cover us.

It's frustrating, I get it. Our cruise was cancelled too. A little patience goes a long way.
Just saying that it's not that DCL doesn't know it needs to be cancelled, it's that they're staggering cancellations so they can properly manage all of these reservations. JMHO.

Hang in there. :grouphug:

We received a full 6k refund. The DCL CM did not blink an eye. Took less than 60 seconds. Zero questions asked. And now I have a -6k credit on my Disney Visa :rolleyes:. I guess they'll cut us a check in time? Not sure. Haven't braved the phones lines yet to ask them.

We have a family cruise booked for November out of San Diego with three staterooms, booked through Dreams. Essentially only one group (i.e. one stateroom) still wants to go. The issue is that part of the $ spent on the trip was money provided by Disney due to a horrible cruise we had in January. So, who knows how this will all work out. I kind of wish Disney would just cancel for the year.

We just asked for a refund for our June Alaska cruise.

The factors:
1. Next summer cruises are nearly completely sold out ANYWAY. We were only interested in doing Alaska. Its only good for 15 months, so that doesn't get us to 2022.
2. I honestly don't trust DCL to not go bankrupt.

Finally got the cancelation notice for Hawaii, took the 125% credit and applied to SWDAS Feb. '21. All that onboard credit is going to be fun to spend.

We received a full 6k refund. The DCL CM did not blink an eye. Took less than 60 seconds. Zero questions asked. And now I have a -6k credit on my Disney Visa :rolleyes:. I guess they'll cut us a check in time? Not sure. Haven't braved the phones lines yet to ask them.
You can contact Chase by secure message and request a check be mailed to you.
If you have a Chase bank account you can have it transferred there. Neither happens automatically.

Just requested refund for the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise. No opportunity for that one next year, so we have no interest in the 125% FCC alternative.

Did anyone rebook with the 125% through the site automatically? We chose to do this versus calling in. There was an option for COVID impacted cruses to apply the FCC. 10 days later, they've credited the deposit for a June cruise but I haven't seen any additional credits. Curious if others have went this route and how long it took to be fully credited.

Did anyone rebook with the 125% through the site automatically? We chose to do this versus calling in. There was an option for COVID impacted cruses to apply the FCC. 10 days later, they've credited the deposit for a June cruise but I haven't seen any additional credits. Curious if others have went this route and how long it took to be fully credited.

We did this, a couple days later the deposit payment showed up but nothing else. I hopped on a chat session and was told that to apply the remaining credit you have to call. Quick phone call later (no hold time at all) and the whole credit was applied.

Oddly enough though, just this morning I got a refund to my credit card for about $600. Not sure what that was for... Oh well.

We did this, a couple days later the deposit payment showed up but nothing else. I hopped on a chat session and was told that to apply the remaining credit you have to call. Quick phone call later (no hold time at all) and the whole credit was applied.

Oddly enough though, just this morning I got a refund to my credit card for about $600. Not sure what that was for... Oh well.

Awesome. I will phone in now then and see if we can get it squared away. They sure didn't make that very clear unless I missed something... Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter