Poll: What Will Be Closed When Aulani Re-opens Nov 1?

What will be closed when Aulani re-opens November 1? (select all that apply)

• Total voters

aoconnor

WDW Nut
Since Disney has not yet given any guidance on what experiences/amenities will not be available -or how they might be modified- I'm curious what others think.

I'm likely going for the first time in November. For me the biggest downer would be the lazy river. I could see them not having it since people touch the floats and they can't guarantee spacing everyone out. Having the adult pool would be nice too but I wonder if they'll bother opening it if the resort is operating at low capacity.

i think they wont do a "buffet" but maybe have some food options open. no slides, since that could be hard to distance.....but maybe only the beach open....hmmm? we go the first week of november (without kids) but still I am a big kid at heart, so hoping the lazy river is open. ❤️

Last edited:
I think the lazy river will be closed. Between disinfecting the pool floats, people who just swim around without using the floats, traffic jams in the river and the amount of lifeguards needed for it, I bet it does not open. On our first visit shortly after they opened, the lazy river was open until 8 or 9 pm. It was wonderful floating around there in the dark with the lights on in the trees. So relaxing! Last 2 visits they have closed the river at 6 pm.

My guess is that they will turn Makahiki into a quick service restaurant. Ulu Cafe is an epidemiologist's nightmare.

If the pool bar has a bar license (as opposed to a restaurant license), they won't be able to open either.

I have a CM friend who work's at Aunty's and she has not been given a back to work date yet so I believe they will not be open. I have a feeling the Olelo Room will also be closed for awhile. The pool bar to my knowledge has a restaurant license as it runs a higher percentage of food sales.

I have a CM friend who work's at Aunty's and she has not been given a back to work date yet so I believe they will not be open. I have a feeling the Olelo Room will also be closed for awhile. The pool bar to my knowledge has a restaurant license as it runs a higher percentage of food sales.
I am curious if they have any insider information regarding other employee's or area's that WILL BE open? This not knowing is hard! We are anxiously waiting to see about our 11/5 arrival date.

My guess is that nearly all services will be unavailable until there is a vaccine. I'm thinking that restaurants and amenities won't be a priority for the resort, in comparison to keeping the staff safe and healthy. So basically it will be paying for a room to sleep in, and a washroom to shower and use the toilet. But you'll be in HAWAII right?! :P

We are arriving the week of Thanksgiving and I'm sorry but we do expect some things to open - while we understand the need to keep the staff safe that is why we are all being tested and will maintain social distancing and wear masks. If all services are going to stay closed then the resort should just stay closed. I'm not sure if your comment was meant to be a little snarky or maybe that's just how I am reading it but this is an Aulani board and most people here want to go and experience the resort and amenities and are willing to be tested and help maintain the safety of the cast members.

Last edited:
My guess is that nearly all services will be unavailable until there is a vaccine. I'm thinking that restaurants and amenities won't be a priority for the resort, in comparison to keeping the staff safe and healthy. So basically it will be paying for a room to sleep in, and a washroom to shower and use the toilet. But you'll be in HAWAII right?! :P

I think they will open up as many amenities as possible not only for the guests but for the employees.

I agree that Aulani would be hard-pressed to open without opening, at a bare minimum, some of the dining. I can't see them opening rooms only, and that would be inconsistent with what they've done at WDW and other resorts worldwide.

I have a feeling they will follow, or at least try to, what the Disney Resorts at WDW are currently doing. No buffett, no character meet & greets, but pools open (I hope)......

I actually think the lazy river will be open, as long as it’s spaced, those floating rubber donuts help with distance. Maybe it’s wishful thinking!

I actually think the lazy river will be open, as long as it’s spaced, those floating rubber donuts help with distance. Maybe it’s wishful thinking!

I think it will be open as well, here in AZ the local resorts have the lazy rivers and waterslides open, they close them every 2 hours for disinfecting, etc.

Aunty's Beach House will definitely be closed, too much liability there. That's not a big deal to me since my daughter didn't really like going and my son is only 2. If pools and the lazy river were closed, that might be a deal breaker though.

Not bad- great that all pools including the lazy river will be open. Agreed it’s a little strange that there will be NO sit down dining?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter