Poll: What Will Be Closed When Aulani Re-opens Nov 1?

What will be closed when Aulani re-opens November 1? (select all that apply)

• Total voters
Not bad- great that all pools including the lazy river will be open. Agreed it’s a little strange that there will be NO sit down dining?
It said “may” so not guaranteed on the lazy river though—I’ll find out November 7 😀

Not bad- great that all pools including the lazy river will be open. Agreed it’s a little strange that there will be NO sit down dining?

I agree, this is a little weird. A group reservations agent said that Makahiki would reopen as ala carte during the first weekend of November. Maybe the hotel needs to meet a certain occupancy for the sit-down dining to open?

One possible reason the sit-down restaurants may not open is because of city regulations. Currently, no more than five people can be seated together. Families of six need to split up into two separate groups. Every person at the table must be from the same household and supply addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc. to aid with contact tracing. Some restaurants have chosen to keep their dine-in areas close. Most others are ID'ing every adult to verify the addresses match. Maybe Disney doesn't want to deal with all the hassles and complaints they'd face from visitors who aren't familiar with the ever-changing rules. Imagine being honeymooners who have different addresses on their ID's showing up to AmaAma for a sunset dinner . . . it wouldn't be too magical.

I would normally think this is a dumb question, but since they're splitting up families at dinner tables...

In Hawaii, if you have 4 or 5 kids, are you all allowed to drive in the same car/van? I've got 5 kids and am planning to go in Mid-November. I have a van rental all setup, but want to know if I'll get pulled over for having more than 5 in the vehicle...

I would normally think this is a dumb question, but since they're splitting up families at dinner tables...

In Hawaii, if you have 4 or 5 kids, are you all allowed to drive in the same car/van? I've got 5 kids and am planning to go in Mid-November. I have a van rental all setup, but want to know if I'll get pulled over for having more than 5 in the vehicle...
i found this you might look at the table in the mid part of the article, it says in tier one only 5 are allowed together, so I might be concerned when "out" of the car.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/...-easing-covid-restrictions-new-cases-decline/
here is an email address it says you can ask that question at
covidresponse@honolulu.gov

@BlueRibbon - You probably won't get pulled over and it's ok to have everyone in the same car. As soon as you leave the car you'll have to break up into two groups, though. Two separate groups at the beach 6' apart, two groups as you walk down the sidewalk, etc. The US surgeon general got a citation for being in a park that was closed due to covid so I'm not kidding when I say enforcement is strict.

The no-groups-larger-than-5 rule must seem so stupid to visitors, but there's actually some logic behind it. Lots of people in Hawaii live in multi-generational homes or "monster" homes (single family residences that are broken up into 3-6 individual dwelling units). It's not unusual for one "household" address to contain 20+ family members. And if you see 20 people gathering at the beach, you can't tell if it's a large family or a party.

@BlueRibbon - You probably won't get pulled over and it's ok to have everyone in the same car. As soon as you leave the car you'll have to break up into two groups, though. Two separate groups at the beach 6' apart, two groups as you walk down the sidewalk, etc. The US surgeon general got a citation for being in a park that was closed due to covid so I'm not kidding when I say enforcement is strict.

The no-groups-larger-than-5 rule must seem so stupid to visitors, but there's actually some logic behind it. Lots of people in Hawaii live in multi-generational homes or "monster" homes (single family residences that are broken up into 3-6 individual dwelling units). It's not unusual for one "household" address to contain 20+ family members. And if you see 20 people gathering at the beach, you can't tell if it's a large family or a party.
Thank you for this explanation - that's very interesting to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!