POLL: Which meal to skip for Remy/Palo

Which two meals to skip for Palo and Remy (Adult Cruise)

• Pirate Night

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • Prince & Princess

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Animators

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • See Ya Real Soon

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Enchanted Garden

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Royal Palace

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cashda

Mouseketeer
We want to experience dinner at Remy and Palo, so we need suggestions on what two rotational meals to miss during our 7 night Western Caribbean cruise (adult only cruise).

I pick up on peoples' vibes pretty well sometimes. I have found the last night dinners to be rather stressful. On our last cruise we opted to go to Palo on the last night. It was so relaxing and peaceful.

Good point and might be nice way to top of the week

We try to arrange a rotation where we can skip the first Animators night for Palo, and then skip Pirates night for Remy.

Animators just reminds us of a nice but loud cafeteria, and Pirates night far too many kids running all around the restaurant swinging rubber or plastic swords.

We try to arrange a rotation where we can skip the first Animators night for Palo, and then skip Pirates night for Remy.

Animators just reminds us of a nice but loud cafeteria, and Pirates night far too many kids running all around the restaurant swinging rubber or plastic swords.

Thanks, this really helps with our planning...pirates night does not sound romantic

Very interesting poll. Thanks to the OP for creating it!

I voted for pirates night (along with a large percent of everybody else) and Enchanted Garden. If the fall on the same night, even better! But I'd agree that Animators would be next in line. It is amusing to see all the effects there but does it really have to be so loud?

I guess we like Enchanted Garden because we always wind up in one of those Clamshell booths--nice and private!!

Clamshell booths--nice and private!!
We've tried them on boarding day (never got assigned one as a regular table) and found them to be a bit cramped. Certainly OK for a party of two. But with more people, the curve of the booth quickly puts our knees in conflict.

We've tried them on boarding day (never got assigned one as a regular table) and found them to be a bit cramped. Certainly OK for a party of two. But with more people, the curve of the booth quickly puts our knees in conflict.

We've had as many as four, and two of us are on the fluffy side. No issues whatsoever.

I'll skip Royal Court every single time if given the opportunity. I just don't care about it. It feels like a generic cruise line dining room to me.

My husband and I sailed for our honeymoon on the EC Fantasy in September, and we chose to skip Pirate Night when we dined at Palo. This was one of the best decisions we made the entire cruise. Not only was Pirate Night crowded, but I was extremely dissatisfied with the menu choices as well. Our reservations were from 7:30 to 9:30 and it allowed us to skip the crowds, enjoy a fantastic dinner, and still leave us ample time to make our way up to see the fireworks. :)

As far as which individual restaurant to skip, my husband and I were both very disappointed in Animator's Palette. I grew up sailing on the Magic and love the original black and white décor, so it was already a hurdle for me to like any aspect of the new design to start. We ended up eating at AP twice on our sailing, and both times the menu was underwhelming (aside from one arugula salad which was to die for), and there were no "wow" factors whatsoever. As someone who is used to watching the original AP's entire room change from black and white to color, as well as the CM's change costumes to match, seeing the lack of oomph in the new restaurant was a bit of a letdown.

Personally we both loved Enchanted Garden (it was our favorite of the cruise), and Royal Palace was enjoyable as well.

Last edited:
My husband and I sailed for our honeymoon on the EC Fantasy in September, and we chose to skip Pirate Night when we dined at Palo. This was one of the best decisions we made the entire cruise. Not only was Pirate Night crowded, but I was extremely dissatisfied with the menu choices as well. Our reservations were from 7:30 to 9:30 and it allowed us to skip the crowds, enjoy a fantastic dinner, and still leave us ample time to make our way up to see the fireworks. :)

As far as which individual restaurant to skip, my husband and I were both very disappointed in Animator's Palette. I grew up sailing on the Magic and love the original black and white décor, so it was already a hurdle for me to like any aspect of the new design to start. We ended up eating at AP twice on our sailing, and both times the menu was underwhelming (aside from one arugula salad which was to die for), and there were no "wow" factors whatsoever. As someone who is used to watching the original AP's entire room change from black and white to color, as well as the CM's change costumes to match, seeing the lack of oomph in the new restaurant was a bit of a letdown.

Personally we both loved Enchanted Garden (it was our favorite of the cruise), and Royal Palace was enjoyable as well.

Thanks, Pirate night really is not appealing to us so I think we will skip that one..

We are two adults and all my cruises have been just the two of us.

I do not enjoy the second dinner at Animator's at all. This is where you get to draw something that is then put on a screen. It is a cute gimmick. But because of it the choices for dinner are very limited, there is one standard appetizer, one soup, two desserts. For me this is a night that I will always miss in the dining room.

On the last cruise we ate at Remy on the last night and it was perfect! It was such a relaxing end to the cruise. You need to be a bit careful to not overdo the sun and beach at Castaway Cay, but we just got back a little early, finished packing and then went to dinner. None of this rushed feeling when everyone around you is putting out their bags. Best last evening of a cruise ever and we will always plan a special meal for the last night on our cruises now.

I actually enjoy Pirates Night in the MDR. The menu has improved and it is fun without being too over the top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter