POLL: Which meal to skip for Remy/Palo

Which two meals to skip for Palo and Remy (Adult Cruise)

• Pirate Night

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • Prince & Princess

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Animators

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • See Ya Real Soon

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Enchanted Garden

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Royal Palace

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We are two adults and all my cruises have been just the two of us.

I do not enjoy the second dinner at Animator's at all. This is where you get to draw something that is then put on a screen. It is a cute gimmick. But because of it the choices for dinner are very limited, there is one standard appetizer, one soup, two desserts. For me this is a night that I will always miss in the dining room.

On the last cruise we ate at Remy on the last night and it was perfect! It was such a relaxing end to the cruise. You need to be a bit careful to not overdo the sun and beach at Castaway Cay, but we just got back a little early, finished packing and then went to dinner. None of this rushed feeling when everyone around you is putting out their bags. Best last evening of a cruise ever and we will always plan a special meal for the last night on our cruises now.

I actually enjoy Pirates Night in the MDR. The menu has improved and it is fun without being too over the top.

Thank you so much for the detailed insight! Really appreciate it

We are the opposite of the poster that said as many as possible and my true answer would be none. If I had to pick one it would be pirates night since the took the pineapple appetizer off the menu. It is probably one of the louder nights as well.

We have never done Remy, but did Palo for supper once. For us the food was fine, but it wasn't excellent. We found that we enjoyed the brunch a lot more.

In our 13 cruises we have only missed the 1 MDR meal, there is something about that experience we enjoy.

We are skipping Pirate Night. I didn't mind the sound or atmosphere, but the menu is just not that great. Royal Palace menu is the BEST out of the MDRs. Also, DCL has this new rule that if you book Palo on night one, you can book a second night, so we are doing Night 1, Pirate Night and Brunch on the 6th day :lovestruc

My husband wanted to go there as much as possible this time around.

Personally, I'd skip Animators. The Magic/Wonder Animators is amazing; the Fantasy/Dream is annoying with Crush... :scared:

We are the opposite of the poster that said as many as possible and my true answer would be none. If I had to pick one it would be pirates night since the took the pineapple appetizer off the menu. It is probably one of the louder nights as well.

We have never done Remy, but did Palo for supper once. For us the food was fine, but it wasn't excellent. We found that we enjoyed the brunch a lot more.

In our 13 cruises we have only missed the 1 MDR meal, there is something about that experience we enjoy.

Thank you for your response :)

We are skipping Pirate Night. I didn't mind the sound or atmosphere, but the menu is just not that great. Royal Palace menu is the BEST out of the MDRs. Also, DCL has this new rule that if you book Palo on night one, you can book a second night, so we are doing Night 1, Pirate Night and Brunch on the 6th day :lovestruc

My husband wanted to go there as much as possible this time around.

We skipped pirates night on our 3 night cruise on the magic, may have to do it again...doesn’t really seem like something I need to experience. Thanks for the reply!

I only voted for Animators and Pirate Night because of OPs statement that it is an adults only cruise. I love both of those experiences myself, but if it was an adults only cruise...I could skip those.

I only voted for Animators and Pirate Night because of OPs statement that it is an adults only cruise. I love both of those experiences myself, but if it was an adults only cruise...I could skip those.

Thanks for the reply! really appreciate it

I voted Animators. The food is subpar (ymmv), the layout (on the Fantasy anyway) chaotic, and the gimmick feels played out after about 5 minutes.

I voted Animators. The food is subpar (ymmv), the layout (on the Fantasy anyway) chaotic, and the gimmick feels played out after about 5 minutes.

I think I am set for animators and pirates and ask (if possible) to have my rotation hit for pirates to be over the second animators night so I miss it all together. We experienced it on the magic so don’t really have a desire onto hit it again

I like the idea of doing one on the last night but I can see use ordering to the room (we are sailing conceirge) and just relax the last evening

We want to experience dinner at Remy and Palo, so we need suggestions on what two rotational meals to miss during our 7 night Western Caribbean cruise (adult only cruise).
I can't vote for you. My take is - for a first time on any given ship, you should experience all the dining rooms/menus. Then you can make your own choice as to what venue/menu doesn't appeal to you.

Food is so subjective, I wouldn't try to tell someone what not to eat.

Not an option in the poll, but I'd vote None of the Above.
We just enjoyed the dining room experience to miss out on that.
Yeah, another couple here who haven't gotten tired enough of the dining rooms to make it to Cabanas for dinner yet.

That's one of the reasons we switch from cruise to cruise for Palo brunch/dinner. I just grit my teeth and book a dinner reservation on a random night. And don't dwell on "what I'm missing".

You really should try Cabanas! I can honestly say that, for me, the quality of the food preparation is an easy exchange for less than polished service. My two most awesome dinners have been in Cabanas. One, a steak cooked to perfection, and served at a much more perfect temperature than anything I've ever been served in the dining room. The other, scallops, that were so awesome that I asked to speak to the chef to commend him on his cooking.

You really should try Cabanas! I can honestly say that, for me, the quality of the food preparation is an easy exchange for less than polished service. My two most awesome dinners have been in Cabanas. One, a steak cooked to perfection, and served at a much more perfect temperature than anything I've ever been served in the dining room. The other, scallops, that were so awesome that I asked to speak to the chef to commend him on his cooking.
Yes!! The best steaks we have ever had were at Cabanas!! The view of the sea is to die for and very friendly fast service from eager to please young cast members!!

We want to experience dinner at Remy and Palo, so we need suggestions on what two rotational meals to miss during our 7 night Western Caribbean cruise (adult only cruise).
I might skip the first meal at Animators. Animators on the Dream class ships lacks the style of Animators on the classics, and the talking turtle holds no appeal for me, personally. I do enjoy the second night in Animators, with the Drawn to Magic show, though. It's one of those special Disney creations.

We always thought the Pirate theming of Pirate's night was cute & spot-on for a Caribbean cruise. It's nice to see people dressed-up, and it can be fun, as an adult couple, to dress up as pirates if you enjoy that kind of thing. Never had an issue with rowdy kids during a meal, but perhaps that's because we always do second seating.

I also might schedule it for the last night, just to avoid the excellent speech from the wait staff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!