POLL: Which meal to skip for Remy/Palo

Which two meals to skip for Palo and Remy (Adult Cruise)

• Pirate Night

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • Prince & Princess

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Animators

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • See Ya Real Soon

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Enchanted Garden

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Royal Palace

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I might skip the first meal at Animators. Animators on the Dream class ships lacks the style of Animators on the classics, and the talking turtle holds no appeal for me, personally. I do enjoy the second night in Animators, with the Drawn to Magic show, though. It's one of those special Disney creations.

We always thought the Pirate theming of Pirate's night was cute & spot-on for a Caribbean cruise. It's nice to see people dressed-up, and it can be fun, as an adult couple, to dress up as pirates if you enjoy that kind of thing. Never had an issue with rowdy kids during a meal, but perhaps that's because we always do second seating.

I also might schedule it for the last night, just to avoid the excellent speech from the wait staff.

Thanks for the advice and I didn’t think about maybe a different experience during pirates night at 2nd seating...lots to mull over

You really should try Cabanas! I can honestly say that, for me, the quality of the food preparation is an easy exchange for less than polished service. My two most awesome dinners have been in Cabanas. One, a steak cooked to perfection, and served at a much more perfect temperature than anything I've ever been served in the dining room. The other, scallops, that were so awesome that I asked to speak to the chef to commend him on his cooking.

We are sailing conceirge, can we order from Cabanas and delivered to our room for dinner Option?

Sorry, I haven't experienced conceirge on DCL. My experience with it on other cruise lines is that they try to fulfill your every desire. It won't hurt to ask. The worst that can happen, depending on your take on the situation, is that they so no, or you decide to go to Cabanas to eat.

Sorry, I haven't experienced conceirge on DCL. My experience with it on other cruise lines is that they try to fulfill your every desire. It won't hurt to ask. The worst that can happen, depending on your take on the situation, is that they so no, or you decide to go to Cabanas to eat.

Thanks

@cashda, I will say that the menu from Cabanas is an assortment of items from the MDRs. You would have to be very particular about wanting a steak, for example, to come from Cabanas.

My opinion is that having the food delivered, you have just negated the benefit of eating in Cabanas. What I appreciate the most is that the food has not been sitting under a food dome before it was served to me.

You didn't list the captain's gala dinner as one of the poll options for skipping, perhaps because that's the "lobster night" - I like a good lobster, but IMHO the way it's prepared on the ship is very uninteresting/unflavorful, and sometimes even overcooked and rubbery. There are also no other entree options that night that are particularly appealing (to me anyway).

So I would actually prefer to miss the captain's gala menu, if all other scheduling works out. On our last cruise the itinerary got switched from Eastern to Western Caribbean and I think our Remy reservation got moved to a different day, and we wound up going to Remy on pirate night. The Remy host and waiter kept joking about "no pirate here" which got old pretty fast, and while Remy's food was amazing, we joined the rest of our party at the MDR afterwards and saw that they were enjoying a lamb shank dish that looked and smelled really really good - so I kind of regretted missing out on that from the pirate menu (so greedy, I know!)

Last edited:

Personally, I'd skip Animators. The Magic/Wonder Animators is amazing; the Fantasy/Dream is annoying with Crush... :scared:

I agree 100% about the Fantasy and Dream unless, you are on a longer cruise and they have the second night of Animators where you get to draw your own character. We loved the show with the dancing figures created by the guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter