Poll will the CDC lift the no sail order OCT 31

CDC will extend the No sail order

• Yes

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 112 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not political, but I read in the news they wanted to extend it to a much longer time. Trumps commission said they couldn't. I think with cases rising, they can't drop it, and if Trump doesn't win again, who knows where things will end up?

I also feel the fact they haven't already means they probably won't extend the order. They haven't wasted time doing so until now... I may be wrong though and they extend it at the 11th hour.

Yeah, I think the CDC is feeling the pressure not to extend it (which is concerning). They quietly added language to their website a few days ago that they strongly recommend travelers avoid all cruising at this time, so I think that will be the extent of the guidance.

I believe CLIA has voluntarily said no US-based cruising through November 30, but I could be misremembering.

you're right
Oh well, I guess it is just a tossup whether they extend tomorrow or not. Who knows really.

Regardless, I can’t see DCL resuming sailings any time soon (December seems pretty unlikely, but who knows—Disney certainly is ramping up park operations for
the holiday season).

There are a LOT of people who want to see cruising killed off, so the science and the political will delay sailing until ... who knows. And I really need my cruise, it's been too long since the last one.

Airlines, Cruise Ships, Hotels and Restaurants need to substantially up their HVAC games (Hepa + "blue light" filters). If not for COVID-19, then the next air borne virus. "Just" those things would go a long way to helping business get back to the New Normal. And cruise ships should do like college campus's are doing, checking the waste water for early warning. Heck that would help contain Noro Virus as well.

Even though Covid can live on surfaces, the latest science says Air Borne infection is how it transmits. "Worrying" about surface contamination infection is like standing in the middle of a freeway and worrying about getting hit by a meteor.

No idea if this is an indication of what may happen but Princess cancels cruises departing from New Zealand and Australia through the end of May 2021. Both nations have a much better covid-19 record than the U.S.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/10/28/1-more-knock-on-the-cruise-line-industry/
True, but both of those countries could care less about the economic implications of their decisions. I don't think that thinking will apply to what happens out of our ports.

Oh well, I guess it is just a tossup whether they extend tomorrow or not. Who knows really.

Regardless, I can’t see DCL resuming sailings any time soon (December seems pretty unlikely, but who knows—Disney certainly is ramping up park operations for
the holiday season).
DCL hasn't been starting to call back staff, so I really think December is unlikely. For shipboard staff, they need to get them to Florida, test them, quarantine them, then test them again. Assuming some hiccups in the process, you really are looking at 30-45 days to get a ship to minimum acceptable crew for a passenger journey between getting them to PC, and doing proper process to make sure one CM coming in hot doesn't infect half your incoming CM pool.

True, but both of those countries could care less about the economic implications of their decisions. I don't think that thinking will apply to what happens out of our ports.
More European nations shutting down today. Not sure how we can escape the situation since our covid numbers are worse.

EDITED: Now Disneyland Paris is closing due to covid-19 https://t.co/jGbQucXtea?amp=1

Last edited:
Given that the virus is surging across the country and in Europe, I don't see anything opening up more anytime soon.
I mean... but as a purely factual matter, in the U.S. things are opening up more (whether they should or not, different question). Florida recently removed mask mandate and restrictions on restaurants. My kids' school just reopened last week even though our statistics right now are WORSE than they were at ANY prior point in time. The World Series just took place despite a positive Covid-19 case of one of the players (who then returned to field to celebrate after the positive test).

Again not saying any of this is logical or safe, just saying that in America right now, the question of whether to open up more is not really being tied to virus statistics in any coherent way.

I mean... but as a purely factual matter, in the U.S. things are opening up more (whether they should or not, different question). Florida recently removed mask mandate and restrictions on restaurants. My kids' school just reopened last week even though our statistics right now are WORSE than they were at ANY prior point in time. The World Series just took place despite a positive Covid-19 case of one of the players (who then returned to field to celebrate after the positive test).

Again not saying any of this is logical or safe, just saying that in America right now, the question of whether to open up more is not really being tied to virus statistics in any coherent way.
This is sad but all true. My school said they would close when we get above a certain amount and we did and now they changed the goal posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter