Poll: Would You Travel To Aulani?

no..I am sorry but if Hawaii wants back it's tourists, they need to not charge another fee to go. For a family of 5 it would become cost prohibited to add on a test and what if it is positive? Does the rest of the family have to go? Any refunds on air or accomodations? Not worth it

We were there in March, a week before they shut down. We aren't planning on returning until 2022, by which time there should be no restrictions (one would hope, but these days can't guarantee I guess!)

Planning to go as soon as they lift the quarantine and travel restrictions. The 3-day pre-trip testing just won't do it, it adds another expense, and leaves too many questions (e.g. ability to cancel plane/hotel/car reservations if test positive, or what if one person in travel party tests positive and needs to quarantine but everyone else is negative).

The price would have to be right for me to go. Coming from the east coast, its a long and expensive trip at what would be a modified experienced with masks on for the duration (including 12+ hours of air travel). If I could get a great deal, it would be worth it, but not at what it would normally cost us.

For us, a trip to Hawaii would involve reservations with 30 day cancellation policies (DVC and VRBO), so no, I would not travel with the current policy.

I will be making July 2021 reservations (we were supposed to go August 2020), but will cancel if the testing requirements are still in place.

We have our first Aulani trip planned for mid-April 2021. If they are open we will be there for sure. I guess it's an advantage to living in a "Fly Over" state, getting a test here with less than 2 hour results is pretty simple.

I have been to Universal Florida, Disney World, and a generic beach trip since Covid-19 restrictions. The family and I really enjoyed those trips and felt the Florida restrictions did not significantly change the vacation experience.

I have been to Aulani 4 times in the past. I don't think I would go right now because I believe the potential resentment towards tourists and the restrictions in place would change the experience so much I would not enjoy the trip enough to make it worth the cost. I believe the Hawaii governor will not hesitate to lock the state down again closing all businesses potentially ruining a vacation.

At this point I would consider a summer 2021 trip but no sooner.

Just saw this on the Aulani website. It may help if the testing turnaround provides results at least 24 hours prior to the arrival date...

To provide additional flexibility, you may change or cancel your Aulani Resort reservation up to 24 hours prior to your arrival date for stays through May 20, 2021 without Disney-imposed cancellation fees. This is a temporary modification to the Resort cancellation and refund policy and applies to both “room-only” bookings and Walt Disney Travel Company vacation packages. For room-only cancellations made less than 24 hours before arrival (including no shows), a cancellation fee will be charged equivalent to the first night’s room rate plus tax. For Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package cancellations made less than 24 hours before arrival (including no shows), a $400 cancellation fee will be charged. Failure to check in to the hotel on the scheduled arrival date without prior notice of cancellation or change will be subject to these fees.

I wish I could say NO, but we booked through Dave's DVC rental site and already rescheduled once (May was cancelled). I dont think he will allow another cancellation and credit, unless the Aulani cancels my reservations or doesnt open in time. (11/5 thru 11/13) We do not have children coming so it would be okay if some of the things are closed, I am just worried about dining, I want to be able to enjoy that at the resort. Also, i really do not want to wear a mask around or have to provide the Covid results but that is our fault for thinking this whole ordeal would be over by November. :confused3

I don't see the poll at the top of this post, but I'd love to go. We've been to Aulani almost yearly for 5 visits now. Itching to get back!

Not only would we, we changed 12 nights at Animal Kingdom over Marathon weekend to split stay Maui and Aulani!

Glad Hawaii doing the VID test requirements like Alaska has had for a while. We’ll be able to relax.

Florida Governor’s announcement last night making the state wide open for the VID makes us too nervous to go .... DW is RN in VID unit of a Hospital here and has seen and dealt with patient short and long term impacts of this virus first hand. No thank you.

Getting tested is very small price to pay for one’s peace of mind about one’s self and more importantly others Who will be vacationing around us.

Not only would we, we changed 12 nights at Animal Kingdom over Marathon weekend to split stay Maui and Aulani!

Glad Hawaii doing the VID test requirements like Alaska has had for a while. We’ll be able to relax.

Florida Governor’s announcement last night making the state wide open for the VID makes us too nervous to go .... DW is RN in VID unit of a Hospital here and has seen and dealt with patient short and long term impacts of this virus first hand. No thank you.

Getting tested is very small price to pay for one’s peace of mind about one’s self and more importantly others Who will be vacationing around us.
That to me is the only reason why we haven’t cancelled our trip scheduled for Dec around Christmas and New Years this year. The testing requirement doesn’t bother me; in fact, it reassures me that hopefully no one on the flight is going to Hawaii without getting tested unless they are ok with 14 day quarantine, which 95% of the people would not be ok with. I am positive with the CVS partnership, we should be able to get results in time. For us, Hawaii vacation is more than the resort. We actually tend to have a good time exploring the island, and using Aulani as a base. We would be ok if some amenities won’t be available. Trying to stay positive. We feel it is much safer to travel to Hawaii than to Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!