Poll: Would You Travel To Aulani?

We just moved our trip from this December (Christmas week) to next June. I am not sure if we would get a full experience this time until things open up. Also, hearing stores about the capacity being full at Aulani gives me a pause and we won’t be able to enjoy at this time. Hopeful for a vaccine by late this year or early next year and restrictions to be uplifted gradually.

We just moved our trip from this December (Christmas week) to next June. I am not sure if we would get a full experience this time until things open up. Also, hearing stores about the capacity being full at Aulani gives me a pause and we won’t be able to enjoy at this time. Hopeful for a vaccine by late this year or early next year and restrictions to be uplifted gradually.
I think that’sa good idea! It’s been hard to enjoy with the crowds and lack of food options!

We finally pulled the plug on of Xmas trip to Aulani. Canada still doesn’t have any “trusted partners” for the Hawaii pre-travel covid test, and given recent trends in numbers I doubt BC will be rushing to follow Alberta’s pilot project and our 14 day quarantine will continue to apply. All of that, combined with what sounds like somewhat limited options at Aulani, made us decide to just stop stressing about it and move on.

We are still booked for February break and March break though! 😂😂

We don’t own at Aulani (or DVC) but do at the Marriott Ko Olina (which is why I follow along here sometimes, as I’d like to pop over to Aulani to eat or shop eventually). We decided early on this summer that our weeks next year that we’re waiting for fall. Booked last two weeks of October, so hopefully things will be at least better by then! I doubt things will be “normal” by then, but better hopefully!

We don’t own at Aulani (or DVC) but do at the Marriott Ko Olina (which is why I follow along here sometimes, as I’d like to pop over to Aulani to eat or shop eventually). We decided early on this summer that our weeks next year that we’re waiting for fall. Booked last two weeks of October, so hopefully things will be at least better by then! I doubt things will be “normal” by then, but better hopefully!
We have eaten at Longhi’s three times this week-since nothing really open here-it’s amazing!!! The Marriott is beautiful too!!

We just booked for January. Originally were looking at a DVC rental but based on case numbers and uncertainty with how it will be in 2 months decided to book direct instead. Every piece of our trip is fully refundable so if it's looking bad, we will pull the plug.

We were set to be there on November 30th. Decided to pull the pull today. We will ride out this next Covid wave safely at home. We adore Hawaii, but it is just not worth risking ourselves or others. Stay safe out there folks! Going to take a Disboards break. Missing the parks and resorts so much too much. Need to get a new hobby! 😉

The price would have to be right for me to go. Coming from the east coast, its a long and expensive trip at what would be a modified experienced with masks on for the duration (including 12+ hours of air travel). If I could get a great deal, it would be worth it, but not at what it would normally cost us.
I agree. The irony is that it is more expensive to operate during the pandemic, such as cost with ppe, reduced capacity, more cleaning, etc. Offering less, but charging the same or more. However, offering a discount would generate a demand that can't be met with reduced capacity. It's complicated. I just want a discount. :P

I've heard mixed reviews about that Longhi's. Glad you liked it. We may try it the next time we go to Aulani, whenever that is....

I’ve heard mixed as well; even when I stayed for four weeks I never ate there a couple years ago! My DH did one night at the bar, had a steak and martini and he said it was good (about $100 but he said worth it). I also don’t care for Longboard’s (used to be Kolohe’s), but did have a decent burger with my youngest on our moving day (we had 2 weeks in the studio then moved to our 2 weeks in the one bedroom so had a few hours to kill while waiting for the new room to be ready). Mostly we eat in town, do carry out, or do a lot of grilling lunches while there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter