Poly Contracts

I'd come up with a "fair price" that I would pay and then offer a lower price. Everyone wants a bargain (I do too!), but I'd want to pass ROFR more for doing all the work for that one contract that I like. Just remember, they HAVE taken Poly contracts back despite some brokers saying that none has been.
Have poly contracts been taken? At what level? I’ve never heard of a Poly contract being taken.

Have poly contracts been taken? At what level? I’ve never heard of a Poly contract being taken.

Nothing recent. Someone posted a few months back that they had their Poly contract taken when they were shopping around. When I was doing my research at the end of 2018, I saw from the other board that there were 2 or 3 taken. So I was conscious not to offer too low or risk mine being the next one taken.

Nothing recent. Someone posted a few months back that they had their Poly contract taken when they were shopping around. When I was doing my research at the end of 2018, I saw from the other board that there were 2 or 3 taken. So I was conscious not to offer too low or risk mine being the next one taken.
There has been a few instances. One right when poly was being sold, but essentially it does not get bought back.

We just closed on a contract of 190 points for $130 pp. It had only 57 points for the current year, and a full stock not coming until August of 2021. I believe asking was in the $146 range? So you can definitely make an offer, you don't know what the seller would accept, and most are willing to go at least a few dollars below the asking price. The lowest prices I have seen since I've been watching were a few for $120 and $124 per point, but not too recently. I have read if you wait until December or January, you may see lower prices as the MFs come due. I haven't been watching for that long, only since COVID.

We are so thrilled we learned about the resale market, as we otherwise could not have been able to call the Poly our home! Good luck to you, OP!

We just closed on a contract of 190 points for $130 pp. It had only 57 points for the current year, and a full stock not coming until August of 2021. I believe asking was in the $146 range? So you can definitely make an offer, you don't know what the seller would accept, and most are willing to go at least a few dollars below the asking price. The lowest prices I have seen since I've been watching were a few for $120 and $124 per point, but not too recently. I have read if you wait until December or January, you may see lower prices as the MFs come due. I haven't been watching for that long, only since COVID.

We are so thrilled we learned about the resale market, as we otherwise could not have been able to call the Poly our home! Good luck to you, OP!

Congrats, and welcome home, new neighbor!

I purchased a $121/125 point contract in early Sept., and I think there was a $120 around that time as well.

Pixie dust pixiedust: and good luck--you can find a good deal too!

I feel like the importance of the initial price per point is overrated. Saving even $10pp on a 200pt contract is still just $2000. Sure it's significant but virtually nothing put to the total cost of holding the contract for decades

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!