Poly dvc studio- nervous

FromKansas

Earning My Ears
Hello all!
I rented DVC points, and reserved a stay at poly at the beginning of January. I've been so excited to get to stay at the poly resort, it's my dream resort. But all the construction is making me really nervous now. I can't change the reservation . I'm just planning on walking from the resort to the TTC . Is there anything else I should know? Reading all of these posts on this forum is making me nervous about crowds and wait times, we will just have to make the best of it.

I haven’t been since Covid, but found this write-up and the following few posts very reassuring myself:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...s-information-questions.3398524/post-62391392
It sounds like the construction is mostly on the front of the Grand Ceremonial House, the room renovations should be mostly indoors (and not on the DVC side) and lots of the restaurants and pools are open. I’d expect a quieter, less crowded experience. But if I were going in January, I’d gladly choose the Poly (my home resort!)

You’d have the pools practically to yourselves with the whole hotel portion of the rooms blocked out! And if they restart fireworks you wouldn’t have to fight for viewing space at the beach either 😉

We've been to the Poly DVC twice since Covid, including just two weeks ago. The construction wasn't a big deal - it just meant slightly shorter hours in the stores. Having fewer people at the Poly is fantastic - you can get great seats at the pools, drinks without a line, quick food, and short check-out lines. In my mind, this is the best time to stay at the Poly.

Would it be my first choice in construction, no -- but I think it's still going to be a really cool experience. Walk over to the TTC, or maybe even the GF walkway will be done by then! Maybe you'll be able to walk to MK! The walk to GF is just beautiful, and I think the GF Cafe is open.

Location is still stunning and overlooking the lake and the MK. Theming is still tops. The beautiful, tropical lobby, the music going, the tiki torches at night, you will still love it. THE LANDSCAPING. Even if you have visited tropical places extensively, the care to the landscaping at Poly will blow your mind.

To me, the main drawback of Poly is the garbage views in many of the DVC rooms. I've never gotten anything better than parking lot, and it's still my favorite resort.

Would it be my first choice in construction, no -- but I think it's still going to be a really cool experience. Walk over to the TTC, or maybe even the GF walkway will be done by then! Maybe you'll be able to walk to MK! The walk to GF is just beautiful, and I think the GF Cafe is open.

Location is still stunning and overlooking the lake and the MK. Theming is still tops. The beautiful, tropical lobby, the music going, the tiki torches at night, you will still love it. THE LANDSCAPING. Even if you have visited tropical places extensively, the care to the landscaping at Poly will blow your mind.

To me, the main drawback of Poly is the garbage views in many of the DVC rooms. I've never gotten anything better than parking lot, and it's still my favorite resort.
agree the views stink from balcony unless lake view, and sitting on balcony you cant see anything unless you stand up. We didnt mind a half empty resort, but we did mind the no music and no tiki torches lit unless we were right by the main pool area. the walk to and from GF when we were there was dark ,very dark. I am not super picky and love many resorts at WDW wea re DVC owners, but we wont stay at POLY again. I hope that those that go now and dont mind construction do like it, because theres something for everyone at WDW.

I get it, but of the 360 DVC studios at Poly, only 34 of them have that view. Besides, it's not a "parking lot" view, it's a "Monorail" view. :) it's all about perspective.

Steve

I get it, but of the 360 DVC studios at Poly, only 34 of them have that view. Besides, it's not a "parking lot" view, it's a "Monorail" view. :) it's all about perspective.

I must be really lucky with that excellent view then, haha. It's a pretty trash view for a $800/night resort.

While nothing is ever guaranteed. I recommend requesting a 3rd floor room on the Northwest corner of Tokelau. Great views of the beach and the GF in the background on the NW side (I think you can see the Contemporary from the NE side?). We’ve lucked into that section twice, and it adds a whole other level of ❤️❤️❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!