Poly Standard Studio

allymouse

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend which longhouse/side we should request when we stay at the Polynesian this fall? We have a deluxe studio standard view. Anybody have any favorites?

Thanks!

Ally

Tokelau. Ask for the 3rd floor. All the rooms in Tokelau are Standard. Looks out on landscaping or the secondary pool, but not near enough to the pool to be noisy. Probably the most 'Central' of the DVC buildings. Not too close to the ferry horns. You can hear them at times, but they aren't as bothersome as at Moorea and Pago Pago. It is closer to the central Longhouse and the resort monorail, but it is a bit farther walk from the Transportation Center than Moorea and Pago Pago. The laundry facilities are in Moorea, but that isn't too far away. You can watch the Magic Kingdom Fireworks from the wooden Deck of the North Stairway at the north end of Tokelau, and it is close enough to the lake and beach that you can also hear the soundtrack.

Another vote for Tokelau! We stayed last month and requested pool view 3rd floor- we ended up on the 2nd floor and it was perfect.

Agree with the PPs and stay in Tokelau. It's right next to the pool and closest building to the GCH. Laundry is only in Moorea though.

Obsessed with Tokelau. They’ve never given me the 3rd floor, but it’s myfsvotite longhouse :). Good luck!

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend which longhouse/side we should request when we stay at the Polynesian this fall? We have a deluxe studio standard view. Anybody have any favorites?

Thanks!

Ally

I'm not the OP, but I had the same question. Thanks! Just one question-how are the elevators there? I have an ECV, and making sure the third floor is OK to request.

We stayed at Tokelau last April and really enjoyed it, for the same reasons as above. We could watch the fireworks for the most part from our second floor balcony, facing the Oasis pool. Its pretty much equidistant from the MK monorail and the Epcot monorail. The laundry is in the next house over. And it was nice to be right next to the Oasis pool. If we were to stay at the Poly again, I'd definitely ask to stay at Tokelau.

I just stayed in Pago Pago when I stayed in October. It was a short walk to the bus stop and the TTC. I can't complain and I liked being closer to the bus stop, but it's not as close to the beach.

I'm not the OP, but I had the same question. Thanks! Just one question-how are the elevators there? I have an ECV, and making sure the third floor is OK to request.
There are two elevators. The one directly in front of the entrance are small, but there is another one around the corner and they are large elevators.

There are 2 elevators, a smallish one right off the 'lobby' area, but around the corner is a service elevator that is larger, but you should be fine in either with your ECV.

There are 2 elevators, a smallish one right off the 'lobby' area, but around the corner is a service elevator that is larger, but you should be fine in either with your ECV.

Thanks! I'll find the second one. Since I've never stayed at the Poly before, I'm planning to spend the first afternoon and evening just "scootering" around, getting to know where everything is, both at the resort and the pathways to GF and the ferry.

Thanks for all of the great info! Definitely going to request Tokelau.

Not sure if I’ll request high floor or bottom floor. We have a baby who will be 18 months at the time and he will be asleep in the room with us. Last time we stayed in a regular room at the Polynesian on the first floor. It was great for one of us to be able to run out and grab snacks or cocktails for us to enjoy on the balcony.

I’m looking forward to having the second bathroom to put the pack and play in this time. We loved our last stay but boy was it challenging to be awake while my son was asleep. The studio should definitely help us be able to still enjoy the evening while the little one sleeps.

Any opinions on floor request in this situation? It would be so amazing to be able to see the fireworks from our balcony potentially, but like the first floor convince.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts