Poly vs Ft. Wilderness

jojr7960

Earning My Ears
Please help me decide between these two very different vacations. It will be DH, DD, DS, and myself. The adults want the Poly LV Conc. the kids want Ft. Wilderness. We can only stay 5 days this trip. The family has been through alot of difficulty this year and I wanted the perfect, spoiled vacation experience. The kids want to go and "chill". I want to be selfish and give myself a present. I feel that we deserve a vacation where we do not have to cook, pick-up after ourselves if we do not want to. I wnat someone to take care of me. What would you do if the kids wanted FW and you wanted the Poly.

Well, I guess I would first want to know how old the kids are. I hate to say it but generally speaking we stay where I want to stay (after I've considered many options). :D I find that the kids are really happy to be anywhere at Disney. When my kids were very young - I mean younger than 2, we liked FW for the privacy and room. As my kids got older they actually liked the resorts more because of the people watching, themed pools and easy access to gift shops.

The pool at poly looks really cool. How about offering to boat over to FW one day/night and letting the kids just experience it. When we go in July we're going to have dinner one evening at the Trails End buffet just to get that camping feeling again without having to stay there.

As much as I like FW, considering the year you had I vote for poly. You will feel more pampered there, though FW does a great job with housekeeping. They even run the dishwasher while you're gone. Good luck deciding.

How about offering this deal to the kids: Stay at the Poly with the waterslide in the pool and one evening you could eat at the Backyard Barbeccu. We did it last year and it was WONDERFUL:p ! Also you could go earlier walk around, maybe rent bikes or a canoe, and they also have a free petting zoo that kids love. It is a large complex and going to visit it first to scope out what section you might want to be in would be a good idea! Hope this helps!:)

I love FW and we also used to stay there all the time when the kids were small but as the kids got older they preferred the other resorts because of the pools, restaurants, etc. If you really want a pampered vacation I would go with the Poly and then go to FW for the campfire or Hoop Dee Doo revue, etc.

Oh man, do the Polynesian! Like another poster said, the kids will be at Disney, who cares where they stay. Everything that you described that you wanted out of this vacation, the Poly is perfect for (especially concierge). And you said the kids want to be able to "chill", well, I think the Poly is a great place to chill.

I agree though with the other posters that it would be nice to take them over to FW one day, but I'd be willing to bet that they would be glad that they stayed at the Polynesian!

We are staying at the Poly LV Conc. for the first time on September 29- the 5th of October. Go for the pampering of course the kids will love the Poly it sounds awesome to me. Who doesn't like to be pampered.. tHe kids might not like the idea of it but in the end i'm sure they will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter