Polyester backpack

lynnzrae

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. I was given a Mickey Mouse backpack to take with me on my Disney World trip. However, it is not waterproof, it is polyester. Is this something that I should be concerned about? Have people had issues taking polyester backpacks into the parks when it rains? Thank you

If by “issues” you mean do they “leak,” that would fully depend on the kind of fabric (or weave) that is used. And, the design of the flaps or zippers.

Hold it under the shower head for awhile and see.

Spray the heck out of it with Scotchgard waterproofing .

I agree campdry. I use it on the bags we carry to the parks. I also spray it twice a year on my vera bradley bag that I carry daily.

Waterproof spray and ziploc bags plus it will be easier to go through security by opening all your zippered pockets and clear ziploc bags that security can see in.

Just put your sensitive items in a Ziploc bag. That's all I ever have done, and I haven't had an issue yet.
Or wear a rain poncho over top of your bag and body. That works splendidly, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!