Polynesian Check-In Usually by 4pm?

Bullseye

Faithful Companion
Doe anyone have any good advice about check-in at Poly. My question is if check-in at Poly is generally timely. Do they get you in room before or at least around 4pm? We were planning on doing a 6pm Ohana dinner on our arrival day. I've had numerous check-ins at Beach Club and Bay Lake where we weren't even in the room by 6pm despite arriving in the morning. We will be arriving at 10am and are staying in a studio.

You can check in anytime. Room ready is after 4pm. You will be able to enter the room as soon as it's ready, even if that's prior to 4pm.

Ultimately, when you room is ready depends on many factors. When the previous occupants vacated the room, when housekeeping starts cleaning the room, how dirty the room was left.

You can check in anytime. Room ready is after 4pm. You will be able to enter the room as soon as it's ready, even if that's prior to 4pm.Ultimately, when you room is ready depends on many factors. When the previous occupants vacated the room, when housekeeping starts cleaning the room, how dirty the room was left.

Thanks, I understand all that. I was looking more for some historical perspective from guests who have stayed at Poly DVC before. For instance, at Kidani I always tend to get in my room way before 4pm. Same with OKW. Just trying to gauge what people who have stayed at Poly experience? Usually on time or crap shoot?

Thanks, I understand all that. I was looking more for some historical perspective from guests who have stayed at Poly DVC before. For instance, at Kidani I always tend to get in my room way before 4pm. Same with OKW. Just trying to gauge what people who have stayed at Poly experience? Usually on time or crap shoot?
TBH...I've had good experiences at getting in early and some getting in after 4 or 5... I don't necessarily think it matters as to which resort. My personal experience has been around 4 though, when we stayed this past summer.

My one and only Poly experience, my villa was ready at 1:00. Maybe bc there are so many studios, they’re ready faster there? That’s the earliest I’ve had a DVC room ready in years.

My one and only Poly experience, my villa was ready at 1:00. Maybe bc there are so many studios, they’re ready faster there? That’s the earliest I’ve had a DVC room ready in years.
Thats nice to have, for sure. But for us it wasn't a big deal, because we were in the parks till after dinner anyhow. If it's a resort day than I can see how it would matter.

Do online checkin and specify expected time of arrival at the resort. I had good luck last summer with my split stays, room ready before 2pm twice. It is statistically irrelevant, but you never know, it might help.
Also, check the app every once in a while, in a case I noticed the room was ready before receiving the email.

Of course you never know what will happen but yes, I've gotten my PVB rooms prior to 4PM every time.

BCV and BLT - I've had the same types of experiences you have had.

Our only PVB stay was back in September 2017 and I received the room ready text at 2:52pm.

We just checked into our Poly room today, was moving over from AKV and I did online check-in and chose our arrival time for 2pm. Got a notification that our room was ready at 2:20pm, although we were still on the bus heading over so it was good timing for us!

I was there in September, we got off DME around noon. I had not received a text so we stood in line for check-in. Not ready, said i would get a text. We grabbed lunch and were sitting around the lobby waiting for the text. Around 3:00 I noticed no one in line so I went up to the desk. The cm checked and said it was just ready. Good thing I didn’t wait for the text, it arrived 3 days later.

I was there in September, we got off DME around noon. I had not received a text so we stood in line for check-in. Not ready, said i would get a text. We grabbed lunch and were sitting around the lobby waiting for the text. Around 3:00 I noticed no one in line so I went up to the desk. The cm checked and said it was just ready. Good thing I didn’t wait for the text, it arrived 3 days later.
LOL.....:rotfl2:..You woulda missed all your fast passes...

We just got back from a trip. I did online check in and didn’t get a text when we arrived at 3:15. Upon arrival, I went directly to the check in desk to see how much longer it would be and they said my room was ready.

Usually by 4. But last time it was past 6. And yes, I made my displeasure known as I sat there waiting and waiting and waiting with no explanation offered... just no room is ready. :headache:

Finally refused to leave the desk until they found me something or at least told me what the problem was... voila, a room was available! :rolleyes1

Our room was ready at 1:37 PM when we checked in to the Poly the Sunday before Thanksgiving

When we stayed in April I believe we received the room ready by 3-3:30. But we requested adjoining rooms, so my thought is if you put less or no room requests you might have better odds of getting a room earlier

On December 2, our Moorea room was ready at 10:55 am.

December 2017 it was ready at 11:57 am.

We do not add room requests.

Wow on the 6:00 pm checkin. I would not have been happy. Every stay (numerous) at Poly has been around 1:00.
I think Poly is quite early because of only studios. I do not make requests other than high floor and only get 1/2 the time. The more requests, it seems the later getting into DVC....especially if 1 bedrooms+. Always take longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!