Polynesian Concierge

doxdogy

DIS Veteran
My daughter and I are planning a trip in Feb 2003. We are hoping to be able to stay concierge level at the Polynesian. Has anyone ever stayed concierge level? Is it worth the extra money?

I posted this on another thread re: the same question: We just returned from Poly Con GV, first week in June. You will not save money doing this. We did have breakfast here only 4 out of 7 mornings. We had 2 character breakfasts & room service once. The brkfst is nice, they have trays to take it back to your room. We never replaced dinner, and only went there twice during the service. We did enjoy dessert & coffee everynight (except one). And took water before heading to the parks. The other perks we received were breakfast PS at CRT, EASY check-out (the bellman arrived in 10 min, the bill was already closed out, and our car was waiting for us). We also had our room request met. The location of the building is wonderful too, by the pool, and both monorails.
If you can afford it, it is very nice. But actually, I don't think we will do it again, just too much $. We did it this time b/c with the discount code our package went down $200 when I upgraded to concierge. (if I hadn't upgrade, package would have gone down $800) Next time I'll take the money!
Have a wonderful vacation!!

Poly concierge is great but for me I rather do my own turndown service. I prefer a nice sit down breakfast to start my fast paced day in the parks and I can buy bottled water at Goodings and put it on ice to take in the parks. Don't get me wrong, if the $$$ is there do it, it is a nice experience but if it is going to strap you don't. You'll have fun just staying in Disney no matter what, I learned that over the past few yrs. Got the concierge thing out of my system now it is time to be a little more fruggle for me.:)

I think it is a nice thing to have. When we do it we save money on breakfasts. For our family of 5 a sit-down breakfast can cost $40-50 dollars alone. Plus you have a small refrigerator in your room which costs you $10 a night to rent otherwise. We also make out with the water and juice boxes to take with us to the parks.
We are only doing 2 nights there this trip (to save DVC points) but I am REALLY looking forward to it!
Robin M.

We usually don't stay conceirge but, last year we did. All I have to say is "WOW". No the food offerings will NOT replace an actual meal, but they do help curve the total food bill. Between the Soda's, Coffee, Tea, Water, Snacks and fillers it was well worth it for my family. We usually will eat 1 BIG meal a day and grab a little snack here and there. The food offerings will "hold you over" or "top you off" depending when you ate. We are going to the Poly Conc. LV in January and I can't wait. The evening Cordials are a Great way to end your day. A sweet treat to a Sweet Vacation. The People can NOT be beat.
We needed PS for Chef Mickeys because my reservation just seemed to have gotten "lost". They were all booked up and a castmember called over and got us our PS. If you really want to feel "ON VACATION" WITH PAMPERING, this is the way to go for us. If you want to be left alone, do what you want then I would say just go with a normal room. I am an overplanner to an extent and this is the ONLY way my husband can get me to STOP doing things for EVERYONE. I don't worry about anything and just have a great time. This is just our opinion. Enjoy your stay wherever you do stay. After all, You will be at Disney.
Wendi

Just my 2 cents worth...but we were upgraded to the concierge level at WL and really enjoyed the perks with it. I was told that it was 35$ more a night than the other levels. We decided that it would be worth getting a reservation if we go again. We liked Poly a great deal, but we gave the overall edge WL. We thought that even though you have more transportation options at Poly, the overall value is better at WL. You won't make a bad decision in either case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter