Polynesian CRUSHING Copper Creek in direct sales

I know when I first got into dvc I thought I will always stay in a studio. Now I only stay in one bedrooms. A lot of other people probably think they only will want a studio and Polynesian will be just fine.
Plus it's Polynesian everyone sees how nice of a resort it is. Copper creek you don't see it. You have to go out of your way to see it.

We should start a PSA...

If you’re going to Copper Creek, make sure you wear strong bifocals so you can see how nice the resort really is. Better yet, bring a magnifying glass :magnify::rolleyes2

We should start a PSA...

If you’re going to Copper Creek, make sure you wear strong bifocals so you can see how nice the resort really is. Better yet, bring a magnifying glass :magnify::rolleyes2

I meant a lot of people that go to wdw don’t even see copper creek.

All of the DVC resorts except for OKW and SSR really are outstanding not only because of their rooms but because of the Disney Resort to which they are attached. Wilderness Lodge is an excellent resort and so is the Poly. They are just different.

Reactions: RRB
Thought it would be interesting to revive this thread as the October 2017 sales show how what DVC pushes greatly affects sales. Poly sales are winding down and getting close to sell out and CCV was just slightly behind PVB sales in October 75,576 vs 83,322 per Wil Lovatos article on DVCNews. No more "crushing" going on. It really does depend a lot on what DVC talks about with buyers.

It's funny how so many people would spend so much money without doing any research on the product their buying.

Welcome to the world of timeshares.

Given the way Disney hotel rates have escalated, DVC is still a relatively easy sell. The monthly payment is palatable to people accustomed to paying Disney hotel rates. Most people probably don't even fathom that there's an even cheaper way of accomplishing the same goal.

I would say the incentive for buying direct has increased lately. Resale prices are up and some resorts only have half their contract time left.

I wish I had the money to do that.
Those that do have enough money to not think about it don't buy timeshares. But anyone who does buy a timeshare, should be able to lose the money without it actually hurting them financially though it would hurt emotionally.

Welcome to the world of timeshares.

Given the way Disney hotel rates have escalated, DVC is still a relatively easy sell. The monthly payment is palatable to people accustomed to paying Disney hotel rates. Most people probably don't even fathom that there's an even cheaper way of accomplishing the same goal.
Unfortunately that's far more accurate than most here will realize. I've seen people spend a $100K on a timeshare purchase price for something they could literally have bought for a few thousand dollars. I've seen very bright people fall for some elaborate lies. We were sitting at dinner in Cabo a few years ago and the next table were talking about all the extreme rental income and tax donation deductions they were going to get from the timeshares they had bought.

Looking at the reverse, timeshares salespeople are some of the most talented in sales in any industry. Historically $250K/yr hasn't been that difficult a figure to reach. I haven't seen recent stats and I know it took a big hit for a few years with the last economic downturn.

Thought it would be interesting to revive this thread as the October 2017 sales show how what DVC pushes greatly affects sales. Poly sales are winding down and getting close to sell out and CCV was just slightly behind PVB sales in October 75,576 vs 83,322 per Wil Lovatos article on DVCNews. No more "crushing" going on. It really does depend a lot on what DVC talks about with buyers.

When I did the DVC tour last month they were still pushing Poly over CCV. That was despite the fact they knew I was staying at WL (in BRV on rented points) and had requested to take a tour of CCV specifically (though that piece of info may not have been passed along from the DVC CM at MK where I signed up for the tour).

Long shot question but realistically, how long before Poly sells out do you think? Buying direct I mean.

Long shot question but realistically, how long before Poly sells out do you think? Buying direct I mean.

About 92-93% of the Poly points have been sold. DVC must retain 2% of the points. Sometimes they retain more. So with only 5% remaining and some Use Years getting low on points, I expect DVC will declare the Poly sold out as early as January and no later than March 2018. DVC News November sales article. http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...867/3993-direct-sales-steady-in-november-2017

Of course that doesn’t mean you won’t be able to buy points direct. A fair number of members of new resorts often use the first three years of points and default their loans. So DVC gets the points back to sell them again. Life circumstances affect others so they sell or default on loans and DVC might ROFR those points if they can make a good profit. There are often points available for years, just not always in the UY you want.

DVC has a history of declaring sell out before a resort is completely sold out. I suspect they do this for 2 reason, one is that if often creates a panic for those waiting or on the fence so they go ahead and buy, the other that all UY will not sell out at the same time. Even if it's sold out, they will get points pack so it will be available long term to some degree.

About 92-93% of the Poly points have been sold. DVC must retain 2% of the points. Sometimes they retain more. So with only 5% remaining and some Use Years getting low on points, I expect DVC will declare the Poly sold out as early as January and no later than March 2018. DVC News November sales article. http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...867/3993-direct-sales-steady-in-november-2017

Of course that doesn’t mean you won’t be able to buy points direct. A fair number of members of new resorts often use the first three years of points and default their loans. So DVC gets the points back to sell them again. Life circumstances affect others so they sell or default on loans and DVC might ROFR those points if they can make a good profit. There are often points available for years, just not always in the UY you want.

Thanks, good to know!

It's funny how so many people would spend so much money without doing any research on the product their buying.
Feels like everything in life is that way to me. $5 coffee, bottled water, billion dollar art, Disney admission just to line up... not sure what my point is.

So December sales are now released.... and Poly still outsold CCV 68,231 to 67,849. That is with CCV enjoying all of the marketing materials, plenty of push, and cash incentives for CCV that are not being offered for PVB (up to $3,000 cash back). While there is no doubt that what a sales force pushes effects sales, I stand by my sentiment that so many people got so caught up in the only studios/2bathrooms thing that they failed to see the value inherent in purchasing at the Polynesian. That value is evidenced by the fact that with the latest price increase, going from $176 (I paid $164) to $220 per point. Thats a 30 percent increase and the most of any resort. Cleary all those studios haven't hurt the demand for PVB, and adding every room type imaginable can't add for everything else that CCV is lacking.

So December sales are now released.... and Poly still outsold CCV 68,231 to 67,849. That is with CCV enjoying all of the marketing materials, plenty of push, and cash incentives for CCV that are not being offered for PVB (up to $3,000 cash back). While there is no doubt that what a sales force pushes effects sales, I stand by my sentiment that so many people got so caught up in the only studios/2bathrooms thing that they failed to see the value inherent in purchasing at the Polynesian. That value is evidenced by the fact that with the latest price increase, going from $176 (I paid $164) to $220 per point. Thats a 30 percent increase and the most of any resort. Cleary all those studios haven't hurt the demand for PVB, and adding every room type imaginable can't add for everything else that CCV is lacking.

As for Poly's weird bathrooms..... They could easily make the 1st bathroom smaller and toss a bunk bed in the area. That would make a tremendous difference over the pull out sofa.

Every resort gets caught up in the "almost sold out - last chance" and that is what they marketed for PVB in December. And cash incentives were all still in effect for PVB up until the end.

Sounds like Disn3yVision is regretting buying Poly. Finally realized it's only studios, the highest priced ones at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!