Polynesian CRUSHING Copper Creek in direct sales

PVB has always had a popular following due to it's location. CCV is tucked away and isn't considered an MK resort even though it really is. Once PVB is sold out, then CCV will sell out a couple of years later.

:earsboy: Bill

Guides are telling people that PVB is sold out. Some members have been told they don't have any points, they wanted only 50 points, available in the use year they want.

As for Poly's weird bathrooms..... They could easily make the 1st bathroom smaller and toss a bunk bed in the area. That would make a tremendous difference over the pull out sofa.

I actually prefer the larger bathroom over bunk beds. I think bunk beds are limiting because mostly only kids want to sleep on them, and I would be nervous about having a young child sleep on the top bunk.

Sounds like Disn3yVision is regretting buying Poly. Finally realized it's only studios, the highest priced ones at WDW.

I thought the argument has always been what a bargain those over-water bungalows are and the main reason PVB has been so popular and its points have been flying off the shelf!:D

LAX

But if you were FORCED to stay in a studio with 2 adults and 3 teens, Poly would the best choice BY FAR within DVC (2 showers, most space, transportation, etc.). Would you disagree?

And you are once again conveniently overlooking the options of connecting studios, which for many familes 2 connecting studios is a much better value than a 1 bedroom elsewhere, as I've previously outlined why.
I see nothing inconvenient with 3 teens having their own studio with 2 showers and the parents having their own studio that they can open or shut the connecting door whenever they please.

If anything it will give the parents a sense of added privacy and the kids a sense of added responsibility. I know as a teen I'd rather have my own studio than share a 1 bedroom with my parents any day. And as grown ups I'd feel much more secure getting our "grown up" on with the privacy of our own studio as opposed to a bedroom door.

Two Poly studios is also more points than most one bedrooms.

I can stay stay in plenty of 2 bedrooms for just about the same amount of points as 2 Poly studios. For me, that's a much better value.

As a family of 5, being pushed all the way to a 2 bedroom for Copper Creek is a BIG turnoff. I know we're not the norm per this MB, but we're Poly owners and love the studios there.

Agree. As a family of 5 our main criteria was what resorts could officially sleep 5 in a 1BR. It was not part of our game plan to buy enough points for 2BR trips yearly. We bought resale at AKV in 2012 because it was our favorite resort that met this criteria. As a kid I also stayed at OKW several times because that was my grandparents' home resort - those 1BRs also sleep 5 and usually there is plenty of availability, so that's usually our second choice for stays.

Perhaps forcing groups of 5 into 2BRs was simply a way of trying to force people to spend more money on larger point contracts?

I kind of suspect that it's a way of sorta walking back the "sure, put 5 in a 1BR that sleeps 4!" rule, because it seems to be misunderstood and often even a nuisance. Lots of DVC members show up and are surprised there's no bed and are surprised the resort won't give them a cot.

The last resort they did with a "sleep 5 in a 1BR BYOB" was in 2004, Saratoga. Everything since has slept 5 native - AKV (2007), BLT (2009), VGC (2009), Aulani (2011), VGF (2013). Poly doesn't count, no 1BRs.

CCV did 4 in a studio, 4 in a 1BR. The 1BR is one of the smallest in the system at 680 square feet. I think this was a deliberate walk back.

Perhaps forcing groups of 5 into 2BRs was simply a way of trying to force people to spend more money on larger point contracts?

Back when DVC was first started I don't think there were any hotel rooms that accommodated more than 4 so it was comparing booking 2 hotel rooms to a 2BR for 5 or more people.

Disn3yVision hates the Wilderness Lodge - got it.
I love Poly, there’s nothing else like it. And I don’t dislike wilderness lodge at all. I’m just pointing out that I feel the plethora of room options at CCV was a knee jerk reaction to all the whining about Poly being only studios. In the end, there are a lot more important factors that drive a purchase then room options. I just found it annoying how much people find reasons to hate on PVB for whatever reason, in this case it’s only studios. It’s like that and the bungalows completely overshadows all the things that have made the Polynesian so loved over the years. Poly has always been a very polarizing resort but it will always be my favorite and someplace I’m proud to call home.

Last edited:
Two Poly studios is also more points than most one bedrooms.

I can stay stay in plenty of 2 bedrooms for just about the same amount of points as 2 Poly studios. For me, that's a much better value.

Not most monorail one bedrooms. As I keep stressing there is more to the equation than number of bedrooms.

I'm a family of 5 and we spoke with an agent and highly considered buying into Copper Creek. However, the reason we didn't is because we would NEED to stay in a 2 bedroom every time there hence using more of our points when other resorts like Kidani and Bay Lake will allow us to fit into a 1 bedroom.

We did not consider poly because a studio is just too tight for all 5 of us.

I bought at Poly. Did my research, looked at our options.

I looked at resale vs direct. This was a big financial decision, I don't have endless amounts of money. But I bought something that made the most sense for me in my situation.

But we preferred Poly for so so many reasons.

Not most monorail one bedrooms. As I keep stressing there is more to the equation than number of bedrooms.
Nowhere in the post I quoted did you say you were only talking about monorail resorts. Nor did I mention monorail resorts. All you said was "elsewhere".

I own at the Poly. And while I do like it, now the possibility of children and bringing my parents along for a trip, I do wish there were other configuration options. It does seem that there are usually rooms at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs if a needed to make it work, I just don't get to plan as far ahead as I'd like.

I own at the Poly. And while I do like it, now the possibility of children and bringing my parents along for a trip, I do wish there were other configuration options. It does seem that there are usually rooms at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs if a needed to make it work, I just don't get to plan as far ahead as I'd like.

I think about that too...but its just 2 of us. Not kids and no kids anywhere in the near or distant future.

My mom loves coming and if she does we try to get 2 rooms. But this isn't a situation thats every year or every trip.

But who knows, maybe SOME day Poly will add 1 and 2 bedroom rooms.

I love Poly, there’s nothing else like it. And I don’t dislike wilderness lodge at all. I’m just pointing out that I feel the plethora of room options at CCV was a knee jerk reaction to all the whining about Poly being only studios. In the end, there are a lot more important factors that drive a purchase then room options. I just found it annoying how much people find reasons to hate on PVB for whatever reason, in this case it’s only studios. It’s like that and the bungalows completely overshadows all the things that have made the Polynesian so loved over the years. Poly has always been a very polarizing resort but it will always be my favorite and someplace I’m proud to call home.

I'm with you. We bought at PVB this year as first time purchasers after many years of being on the fence and chose the resort for many more reasons other than just the room. It has a lot to offer in terms of location, monorail access to 2 parks, great dining options, tropical theming, terrific pools, proximity to 4 resorts along with Fort Wilderness, etc. And my 9 year old daughter sort of "grew up" there as well, having stayed there multiple times over the last several years.
When we chose PVB, we did consider the lack of 1 and 2 bedroom options but ended up not being a big deal for our family of 3, even as we consider having another child. If we ever need the extra space or brought family along with us today, we'll just get two rooms at the Poly which would allow for each to have their own private space or we'd look for a 2 bedroom option elsewhere. I guess I don't really understand the reason for the complaints that PVB is studios only. These are the most popular room types on DVC property and 1 or 2 bedroom options are usually available property wide at the 7 month mark, even at BCV during the summer months. We also did consider CCV but Poly was just home for us and we went with the idea of "purchase where you would want to stay at". Another proud PVB owner right here with you.

That’s what’s so great about DVC. We can choose home resorts we’re happy with but also have the option to stay at other resorts from time to time. We bought at CCV because we absolutely love it (especially in December) and with DVC availability being more limited then, we wanted it as a home resort. But we also want to stay at various resorts over time and are doing a Poly/VGF 1BR split stay in May (our first stay on our points!). We are less likely to stay at Poly often because we bought DVC for the larger rooms, but we’re really looking forward to our upcoming trip!

I kind of suspect that it's a way of sorta walking back the "sure, put 5 in a 1BR that sleeps 4!" rule, because it seems to be misunderstood and often even a nuisance. Lots of DVC members show up and are surprised there's no bed and are surprised the resort won't give them a cot.

The last resort they did with a "sleep 5 in a 1BR BYOB" was in 2004, Saratoga. Everything since has slept 5 native - AKV (2007), BLT (2009), VGC (2009), Aulani (2011), VGF (2013). Poly doesn't count, no 1BRs.

CCV did 4 in a studio, 4 in a 1BR. The 1BR is one of the smallest in the system at 680 square feet. I think this was a deliberate walk back.

You think so? I figured it was just due to the limitations of the size of the old rooms. Would it have been feasible to make the rooms bigger?

I figure we'll find out what Disney wants to do once more details are released about Riviera. They're starting from scratch so they are free to set the room sizes and capacities wherever they want them. We bought at Poly, but would like to see more options for 5 across the resorts without needing a two-bedroom.

You think so? I figured it was just due to the limitations of the size of the old rooms. Would it have been feasible to make the rooms bigger?

I figure we'll find out what Disney wants to do once more details are released about Riviera. They're starting from scratch so they are free to set the room sizes and capacities wherever they want them. We bought at Poly, but would like to see more options for 5 across the resorts without needing a two-bedroom.

I agree about CCV. They were limited by the room size. I'd imagine they could have done some rearranging that likely would have created some of the most spacious villas but reduced the number and that isn't what DVC is about. At AKV they also were limited by the room size but they took the Deluxe rooms there which gave them larger sized rooms. The few that were converted standard rooms there and the equivalent of most WL rooms became the value size and were limited in occupancy the same way as CCV.

I also think DVC did a much better in room design at Poly then they did with Copper Creek. thats just my personal opinion though :)

I could only imagine what a 1 or 2 bedroom would have looked like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!