Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

We're going on our first stay since buying our contract in a few weeks. Does anyone know if the twilight feast is still available while Ohana is closed? Does anyone know what room service looks like right now?

Sorry I don't know positively but logically it would not be since it comes out of the Ohana kitchen.

This is our first dvc stay as owners, we have a split stay mid November Poly and our home BLT. What is the likelihood they will close the main Poly pool. I called in and a CM said all they knew was the dvc pool would remain open.. he had no news about the main pool.
I have always wanted to stay at the Poly and was very excited to book this but my kiddo would be so disappointed if he were to just walk by a closed pool. We are driving in staying 6 days and only 2 of those days are in a park so a majority of the time we will be in the resort. I’m really considering changing it.. but if pool remains open and all stays the same as it is now as far as food options, then it would be a nice stay maybe less people if it’s only dvc. Has anyone ever seen it change as far as opening and closing pools? I know these are different times and perhaps they save cost by closing one pool. Also for anyone recently there is the slide open ?

This is our first dvc stay as owners, we have a split stay mid November Poly and our home BLT. What is the likelihood they will close the main Poly pool. I called in and a CM said all they knew was the dvc pool would remain open.. he had no news about the main pool.
I have always wanted to stay at the Poly and was very excited to book this but my kiddo would be so disappointed if he were to just walk by a closed pool. We are driving in staying 6 days and only 2 of those days are in a park so a majority of the time we will be in the resort. I’m really considering changing it.. but if pool remains open and all stays the same as it is now as far as food options, then it would be a nice stay maybe less people if it’s only dvc. Has anyone ever seen it change as far as opening and closing pools? I know these are different times and perhaps they save cost by closing one pool. Also for anyone recently there is the slide open ?

Currently, only the DVC portion of Poly is open. Both pools are open, as are Kona, Capt. Cook's, Tambu Lounge, the main pool bar and all the shops.

There is no reason to assume that anything will change - particularly for the pools - come October. The exact same number of rooms will be available.

Steve

Currently, only the DVC portion of Poly is open. Both pools are open, as are Kona, Capt. Cook's, Tambu Lounge, the main pool bar and all the shops.

There is no reason to assume that anything will change - particularly for the pools - come October. The exact same number of rooms will be available.

Steve

I agree. The hotel side at PVB had not reopened yet and they had the main pool open and I wouldn't expect the announcement that they will continue to be closed on the hotel side to change that.

We’re in the midst of purchasing our first DVC contract, and it’s at the Poly! We’re so excited to know that we’ll be welcomed home for years to come. We were back and forth on making the Poly and Copper Creek our home, but what sealed it was the 3rd sleeping surface (the pull down Murphy bed) that the Poly’a studios offer. Anyhow, we’re excited, so I just wanted to put that out there and see what Poly ‘pointers’ y’all had for soon-to-be Poly owners. Have a magical day!

We’re in the midst of purchasing our first DVC contract, and it’s at the Poly! We’re so excited to know that we’ll be welcomed home for years to come. We were back and forth on making the Poly and Copper Creek our home, but what sealed it was the 3rd sleeping surface (the pull down Murphy bed) that the Poly’a studios offer. Anyhow, we’re excited, so I just wanted to put that out there and see what Poly ‘pointers’ y’all had for soon-to-be Poly owners. Have a magical day!
I've stayed at The Poly many times, but always on the resort side and not as a DVC member. I just closed on my Poly contract last week, so I'm new as well. The Murphy Bed and the 2nd bathroom in the studios along with it being on the monorail got me to buy here rather than WL:)

I've stayed at The Poly many times, but always on the resort side and not as a DVC member. I just closed on my Poly contract last week, so I'm new as well. The Murphy Bed and the 2nd bathroom in the studios along with it being on the monorail got me to buy here rather than WL:)
The fact that y’all have stayed there and liked it enough to decide to invest in DVC there says a lot. Thanks for the reply! I hope you and yours enjoys it as much as possible!

Don't rule out the Oasis Pool! The view isn't as exciting and it's lacking the (fantastic) slide of the main pool, but it's SALTWATER. It feels amazing.

The Polynesian has this amazing vibe. There's all this energy with people nearby going to the Magic Kingdom by monorail and boat, yet it also has a really relaxing feel with the tiki torches, flowers, and the beach. You can also watch the fireworks (when they have them) from the beach or the Lava Pool.

I 💖 the Poly!

You‘re going to love it there! The vibe is amazing and seeing the fireworks from the resort after coming home from a long day in the parks is magical. Not sure how since it wasn’t planned, but last trip the fireworks were just starting upon arriving back to the resort several times and some of my favorite memories. Congratulations and welcome home neighbor!

Excited to join this thread! We recently closed on 100 pts direct, and have a 200-pt add-on in ROFR.

The Tiki Room was always my favorite part of Disneyland as a kid - which was extended to a love of tiki anything, really - and the Poly is probably my favorite place in the world. Is there anything better than watching your kids laugh and play on the lawn at twilight? My family of four have stayed at PVB several times on rented points, and are thrilled to call it “home”!

We hope to grow into needing two studios at some point. Until then, we should have enough points to bring the grandparents along with us.

Excited to join this thread! We recently closed on 100 pts direct, and have a 200-pt add-on in ROFR.

The Tiki Room was always my favorite part of Disneyland as a kid - which was extended to a love of tiki anything, really - and the Poly is probably my favorite place in the world. Is there anything better than watching your kids laugh and play on the lawn at twilight? My family of four have stayed at PVB several times on rented points, and are thrilled to call it “home”!

We hope to grow into needing two studios at some point. Until then, we should have enough points to bring the grandparents along with us.
Congratulations and Welcome Home! I just closed on my first contract too and am excited to stay on the DVC side sometime soon.

Congratulations and welcome home! Ah yes, the lawn, love coming home from a long day in the parks and coming out onto the lawn from the lobby to the fireworks going off in the distance. It's one of my favorite things at the resort and gives me the feels every time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!