Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

My husband and I finally decided to buy a 50 point Poly add on. Prior to this we were post 4/16 resale buyers so it will be nice to be "real" members now :rotfl2: We've never stayed there but have walked through and love the resort. Now I am trying to decide when we should go next year. I'm thinking about Feb to avoid the crowds, though it would be nice to be able to use the pools.

The walk is similar from the DVC building to the Poly monorail station or the TTC so we always head towards the TTC. If a ferry is right there we often just do that - not certain it's the fastest but it's fairly fast. If the ferry isn't there or we decide we just want the monorail then we go catch the express monorail - it skips the GF stop that you'd have on the resort monorail if catching it at GCH.

With the announcement of the new security screenings, I wonder if the walk to TTC will still be worthwhile. Or if now we need to loop around to some main entrance at TTC to begin the security checks. I am hoping someone will report back once everything in place.

Does the music to the fireworks show get fed thru a channel on the TV if you are staying in a lakeview studio?

With the announcement of the new security screenings, I wonder if the walk to TTC will still be worthwhile. Or if now we need to loop around to some main entrance at TTC to begin the security checks. I am hoping someone will report back once everything in place.

I also didn't see anything about the security for taking the small boat from the poly to MK (not the TTC ferry boat) I'm wondering the same thing, the short walk to the TTC might be offset by the long lines at security at the TTC

I just read in the following article that beginning April 3, that guests staying at the Poly, GF or CR will go through security at the resort monorail station. It sounds like whether you are going to MK or one of the other resorts, that you will have to go through security before getting on the monorail.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/sfl-security-changes-magic-kingdom-20170330-story.html

I wonder if you walk to the TTC to get the monorail to go to Epcot if you have to go through security?

a few times at the beach area, you could.. MAYBE.. hear the music.. if you listened very closely and everyone else would be quiet.....lol same thing with GF. we were trying to watch from the dock area in front of gasparilla grille the music was supposed to be piped in there.. but it waqnt near loud enough. and add to that they brought in a huge bunch of sr. grads. who would NOT shut up!!! not a good experience

Last edited:
I just read in the following article that beginning April 3, that guests staying at the Poly, GF or CR will go through security at the resort monorail station. It sounds like whether you are going to MK or one of the other resorts, that you will have to go through security before getting on the monorail.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/sfl-security-changes-magic-kingdom-20170330-story.html

I wonder if you walk to the TTC to get the monorail to go to Epcot if you have to go through security?

We are staying at the Poly and went to Epcot this morning (4/3) via the monorail at the TTC and we had to go through security twice ... once at TTC and again when we got off the monorail at Epcot. It really didn't take much time at 8:00am.

a few times at the beach area, you could.. MAYBE.. hear the music.. if you listened very closely and everyone else would be quiet.....lol same thing with GF. we were trying to watch from the dock area in front of gasparilla grille the music was supposed to be piped in there.. but it waqnt near loud enough. and add to that they brought in a huge bunch of sr. grads. who would NOT shut up!!! not a good experience

Ugh.. Really? Fireworks are so much better with music. Maybe I could download the soundtrack and play it at the same time.

Hi all just checking in. DW and I bought a small block at Poly to go with our main block at VGF a couple years ago, and just added on another small Poly block. I've enjoyed reading this thread so far. Happy Wednesday to all.

I also have a few questions about this new screening. We will be going in the fall and staying first at the Poly then at VGF. I was planning on taking our bags to the VGF on the monorail the morning we have to switch resorts and dropping them off. But with these new security screenings, wondering how resort hopping will work on the monorail? I can't imagine they want to screen entire suitcases? Will we have to Uber it over instead? Don't really want to do that....

I also have a few questions about this new screening. We will be going in the fall and staying first at the Poly then at VGF. I was planning on taking our bags to the VGF on the monorail the morning we have to switch resorts and dropping them off. But with these new security screenings, wondering how resort hopping will work on the monorail? I can't imagine they want to screen entire suitcases? Will we have to Uber it over instead? Don't really want to do that....
Bell services can pick up your bags at Poly and deliver them to VGF. Then when you get to your room at VGF, bell services there can deliver them to your room.

WDW offers this for any resort change on Disney. You can have bell services move your bags from the resort you're at to any other WDW resort. All it costs is a pair of tips.

Bell services can pick up your bags at Poly and deliver them to VGF. Then when you get to your room at VGF, bell services there can deliver them to your room.

WDW offers this for any resort change on Disney. You can have bell services move your bags from the resort you're at to any other WDW resort. All it costs is a pair of tips.
Thank you. I had forgotten about this option. Some have said that your bags can arrive late in the day, so I had planned to move them myself so I would know they would be available as soon as we checked in that afternoon. But this may be the best option for now. Appreciate the reply.

Thank you. I had forgotten about this option. Some have said that your bags can arrive late in the day, so I had planned to move them myself so I would know they would be available as soon as we checked in that afternoon. But this may be the best option for now. Appreciate the reply.

I've walked my bags between GFV and Poly twice (both directions). I had a carry-on and full-size, and it was an easy transfer.

We often do split stays and cab it to the next resort. it can take HOURS to get your luggage if you allow disney to transfer it.. often we are not goign to a park on "transfer" day and want access to our luggage.\

We often do split stays too but always plan for that to be a park day. Call up Bell services and give them our bags then off to have fun. When the day is done we head to the new resort and call for our bags from the room. Makes it a very seemless day with no bother of worrying about transfers, getting directly from one resort to another etc. Easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!