Polynesian Owners Thread/FAQ

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get last minute standard studio reservations if I buy Poly as my home resort? I like to take a bunch of spontaneous solo trips sometimes. I also have an existing reservation at another resort for Halloween week and if that is impossible to get at Poly (even in future years), that may sway my decision to buy this year or not. I'm going for another trip in August where I'll take the tour and I know they'll just tell me I'll have no problems getting reservations, but I know that's most likely stretching the truth :magnify:

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get last minute standard studio reservations if I buy Poly as my home resort? I like to take a bunch of spontaneous solo trips sometimes. I also have an existing reservation at another resort for Halloween week and if that is impossible to get at Poly (even in future years), that may sway my decision to buy this year or not. I'm going for another trip in August where I'll take the tour and I know they'll just tell me I'll have no problems getting reservations, but I know that's most likely stretching the truth :magnify:

Standard View is more difficult to get than Lake View. Basically you will usually need to book between 7-11 months before your travel dates. At 7 months all other DVC owner can book Poly, so the Standard View rooms are likely to go quickly. During popular travel times you will need to book closer to 11 months out. In general DVC is not designed for people who book last minute. If you are the type that likes to plan last minute, DVC might not be for you.

If you're not particular about where you stay or exact dates, booking last minute is possible with DVC but you probably won't be able to stay at the Polynesian.

I suggest checking out this thread to get an idea about availability at different DVC resorts: https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-some-1-bedrooms-vgc-update-10-21-15.3419112/

I was wondering what you consider last minute?

I was wondering what you consider last minute?

Last minute like 3-4 months out you could probably get in at Saratoga or Old Key West.

Last minute like 1-2 weeks nothing no matter what your home is.

on february we were already there, at BWV.I t was cold but going to warm up later in the week.. we were trying to add a couple nights. I could get 1 night a saratoga, about 6 days out. that's it.

For mid-Sept thru Marathon weekend in Jan anything later than 7 months is going to be "last minute" and just crossing your fingers and hoping. Closer in you're crossing your fingers to get a cancellation. And zero need to buy one of the most expensive options if your going to try booking at 7 months or less. At that time a point is a point and home resort then is about purchase price be annual dues costs.

Anyone have any rumors if anything is going on with Tangaroa Terrace? :ssst:

Just curious here :fish:

Good morning, all! I am waking up in a hotel in Providence today and listening to the sounds of the traffic on the highway going past RIGHT outside our window! I'll take the sound of the Poly horns ANY day over this!

Have a magical day!!:-)

Anyone have any rumors if anything is going on with Tangaroa Terrace? :ssst:

Just curious here :fish:
Not sure - when we were there a couple weeks ago, I wondered what it was currently being used for. I was hoping for a DVC community room! That would make the PVB nearly perfect!

Good morning, all! I am waking up in a hotel in Providence today and listening to the sounds of the traffic on the highway going past RIGHT outside our window! I'll take the sound of the Poly horns ANY day over this!

Have a magical day!!:-)

C'mon traffic isn't THAT bad on Saturday morning in Providence! Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay...

C'mon traffic isn't THAT bad on Saturday morning in Providence! Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay...

If she is staying at the one hotel in Providence that literally has one side practically on 195, I heard there was a really bad tractor trailer accident that held up traffic both ways. Glad I wasn't home this weekend!

Eh...I'm sure I'm just jaded because I can't stop from comparing every hotel I stay in to my beloved Disney! What?? No Magic Band to open my door?? You mean I have to pay for coffee refills? And no balcony to sit on and watch the ferry boats or monorail going by?! Sigh...

If she is staying at the one hotel in Providence that literally has one side practically on 195, I heard there was a really bad tractor trailer accident that held up traffic both ways. Glad I wasn't home this weekend!

That'd be the one :crazy2:

Eh...I'm sure I'm just jaded because I can't stop from comparing every hotel I stay in to my beloved Disney! What?? No Magic Band to open my door?? You mean I have to pay for coffee refills? And no balcony to sit on and watch the ferry boats or monorail going by?! Sigh...

That'd be the one :crazy2:

I understand! No drinks in a pineapple. And not even a Waterfire this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!