Pooh sized Universal visitor

I am 5 foot 11 and where 2224 I have to admit I am a little concerned but I also am blessed that I have no rear end which means I can scoot all the way back in a seat so hopefully that will help me Rip Ride Rockit is the one will that will bother me if I can't ride it the rest I can live without

I have to admit I am a little concerned about the situation I am 511 and a size 22/24 I am working on losing weight I guess one thing I have going for me is that I have no rear end so I can scoop all the way back in the seat I will keep my fingers Rip Ride Rockit is the one I really want to ride

I have to admit I am a little concerned about the situation I am 511 and a size 22/24 I am working on losing weight I guess one thing I have going for me is that I have no rear end so I can scoop all the way back in the seat I will keep my fingers Rip Ride Rockit is the one I really want to ride

Just make sure to get the modified seating, that would definitely help!

The last time I went on it I ended up doing single rider and when it was my turn, they put me in a non-modified seat. Normally, in single rider they will put you where they need you, but if they notice you need modified, they will put you in the modified row and get someone else to fill the single rider spot. However, in this case they either didn't notice, or just wanted to fill that spot and I went into a non-modified seat and with a huge push the guy got me in. It was extremely uncomfortable (almost painful), but I rode it to please my cousins. Normally, they try, but do not try with the capacity this guy did. Normally, (on most rides) I need a tiny nudge and I'm comfortable in, but this was different.

In my personal opinion, it seems that RRR is probably the smallest seat ride. I say this, because the few times I've rode it, I notice that people that are extremely skinny are the only ones that have it closed all the way. Technically, you can have it opened a little bit, but like other rides, there is obviously a limit to that opening and people who are only a little bit bigger (about average) can fit comfortably. Also, I noticed this gentleman that helped me the last time I rode that he had to do this ("huge push" I spoke of earlier) to several people who I have to say were not nearly as "Pooh" shaped as me. So, I didn't take that much offense, but then again, I never do.

I have to warn you that someone might not try as hard as that guy who helped me that one day and there is a chance they might walk you off. I say this, as while I am shorter than you, I am about the same size as you. Also, saying this, because (for example) one day, I went on FJ no problem and a little later I tried to go on, but because the loader was different and would not help me at all, I couldn't go on. So, it can also be hit, or miss depending on if they help, or not.

That being said, I know you say that RRR is the only ride you really care about, but I have to say if you miss it, do not feel too saddened. I'm a roller coaster fan and while it's good, it's not the ultimate roller coaster of all time, can kind of be rough on you, and I feel the ride is a little over rated. I do not want to downplay the ride too much, especially since you're excited for it, but I just felt the need to say that in case you can't go on, but I believe that you can do it with a nudge, especially if you do modified! And yay for you not having a butt I'm sure that will help! I don't have one either! :laughing:

I find the opposite of disxuni........I find the RRR seat to be very ample......as I do have a very ample behind.

Never felt squished sitting on RRR unlike FJ seat........now that can be tight.

RRR is one of my favourite rides and wouldn't miss it.

I find the opposite of disxuni........I find the RRR seat to be very ample......as I do have a very ample behind.

Never felt squished sitting on RRR unlike FJ seat........now that can be tight.

RRR is one of my favourite rides and wouldn't miss it.

I was meaning strictly seat kind of rides (not anything going over you), as in strictly the seat itself. But that is true, if we're including all types of ride vehicles, FJ is kind of restricting you on a lot of more areas.

It depends on what your problem areas are. If you have a big stomach and not so much a chest, or anything else, you're going to be less likely to ride something like RRR as the only restraint is the stomach. However, if you have less of a stomach problem, but big chest area, or upper abdomen, you're going to be less likely to ride FJ.

I was meaning strictly seat kind of rides (not anything going over you), as in strictly the seat itself. But that is true, if we're including all types of ride vehicles, FJ is kind of restricting you on a lot of more areas.

It depends on what your problem areas are. If you have a big stomach and not so much a chest, or anything else, you're going to be less likely to ride something like RRR as the only restraint is the stomach. However, if you have less of a stomach problem, but big chest area, or upper abdomen, you're going to be less likely to ride FJ.

I have all of above. I find RRR quite forgiving unlike other rides.

Just didn't want people thinking RRR is the smallest "seat"

What does modified seating mean on Hulk and Dragon Challenge? Width of seat or tightness of harness? I'm here now. Rode Hulk yesterday in a regular seat. My size 16-18 butt fit but it was tight. Then rode Dragon Challenge in a modified seat and it seemed even tighter than the regular seat on Hulk. Harnesses were fine on both. Baffling.

I didn't sit in the test seats because there seemed to always be a million people on them and I saw others bigger than me fit. I fit them all I was just super uncomfortable. I've never had that issue on any ride at any other theme park! I may go back if I lose weight but I really felt awful the entire day ☹️

I know your pain. When I was about 60 pounds heavier, I did RRR. They barely got the lap 'bar' to close. It was so tight, I could only take really short breaths. When I got off the ride I was so nauseated. I think I did ET next and then left because I felt so ill. This was a one day trip to the park during a week long stay at WDW. I felt like I wasted the money because I left around 1pm.

I'm Pooh sized but fortunately evenly distributed. I've never had a problem getting on any rides at Universal though some are a bit snug. I have ridden RRR several times over 3 trips within the last several months, was never given a modified seat that I am aware of and only once had a problem. On my last trip the TM pushed down really hard on the bar (I guess because I look bigger) and I just happened to have exhaled when she did it and the bar was right up against my diaphragm (I'm 5'5" if that helps) and spent the whole ride not able to take a full breath in. I thought I was going to pass out, actually saw black spots at one point. I spent the rest of the day with my chest hurting with every breath I took.

My advice is this- if they push down hard and it feels too tight speak up right away. I thought I would be okay with it but as you go on the loops the bar can come down even more due to pressure/gravity and it isn't worth the pain and discomfort that can last for hours after the ride like it did for me. Like I said I've ridden it several times with no problem, I've no idea why she pushed it down so hard that one time but I think some TM's are just more "aggressive" than others about the restraints.

What does modified seating mean on Hulk and Dragon Challenge? Width of seat or tightness of harness? I'm here now. Rode Hulk yesterday in a regular seat. My size 16-18 butt fit but it was tight. Then rode Dragon Challenge in a modified seat and it seemed even tighter than the regular seat on Hulk. Harnesses were fine on both. Baffling.

I answered my own question. Rode Hulk again this morning in a modified seat. I couldn't tell any difference between that and the regular seat. Just as snug on my butt. The difference must be only in the harness.

From: https://orlandoinformer.com/blog/rides-at-universal-for-larger-guests/#

Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls - The problem occurs when you try to get out. The constant deluge of water makes the ride vehicle floors very slippery. When you attempt to exit the vehicle, you may have great difficulty as I do because the opening can be very tight for a large person, and it’s almost impossible to get your feet under your body to lift with your legs. If this occurs, you are almost certainly going to need some help to lift yourself out. This can be a little embarrassing, so be sure to coordinate with someone in your party to help.

Do you sit in a seat with your legs bent at the knee (like Splash Mountain), or is it more like sitting on a floor (like astro orbiter)?

From: https://orlandoinformer.com/blog/rides-at-universal-for-larger-guests/#

Dudley Do-Rights Ripsaw Falls - The problem occurs when you try to get out. The constant deluge of water makes the ride vehicle floors very slippery. When you attempt to exit the vehicle, you may have great difficulty as I do because the opening can be very tight for a large person, and it’s almost impossible to get your feet under your body to lift with your legs. If this occurs, you are almost certainly going to need some help to lift yourself out. This can be a little embarrassing, so be sure to coordinate with someone in your party to help.

Do you sit in a seat with your legs bent at the knee (like Splash Mountain), or is it more like sitting on a floor (like astro orbiter)?
No, you keep your legs perfectly straight, getting in and out. It's not like Splash Mountain. I guess more like Astro Orbiter but even that isn't the same. The notes are right, it's getting out of it that's a bear. It's harder to get out of than anything at Disney. Space Mountain probably comes closest but even that's a breeze compared to Dudley. Once was enough for me and DH. We sent DGD on to ride alone the rest of the time. The ride just wasn't good enough to fight getting out of it.

Well things have definately changed for the better. I am now a size 18/20 and plan on losing more before November trip. I am eating super healthy and walking my legs off. I have fit into clothes I haven't gotten into in 8 years. Yes my motivation was RRR but it has turned out to be worth much more. I feel amazing.

I am a curvy woman- 5'10" and a size 22. I know I can fit on all the Disney rides, but I know Universal has a different policy. I do realize there are testers outside each ride, but I am hoping people can warn me which rides run small. I do not want to get all excited about a ride, only to discover I cannot ride. I've heard the HP rides all run small. Is that true? Any others you've had problems on, or have seen problems on. It is so embarrassing to be turned away at the ride. Any advise welcome.

I don't understand the big deal about trying the test seats. Why would anybody be embarassed to do that? People can see if you are over weight if that doesn't embarass someone then trying a test seat shouldn't. I have been fat most of my life (yes I don't mind that word). I have never been embrassed to try a test seat. Have never needed a seat belt extender but would ask if needed. I don't get it. If you think it will be a problem you can do what I've done about it. I've lost 35 lbs in the last few months just by eating healthy and walking a lot. Don't mean to sound mean but that is basicly the answer to this problem.

No, you keep your legs perfectly straight, getting in and out. It's not like Splash Mountain. I guess more like Astro Orbiter but even that isn't the same. The notes are right, it's getting out of it that's a bear. It's harder to get out of than anything at Disney. Space Mountain probably comes closest but even that's a breeze compared to Dudley. Once was enough for me and DH. We sent DGD on to ride alone the rest of the time. The ride just wasn't good enough to fight getting out of it.

Thanks! Maybe I'll just observe my kids first and then decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts