pool closure notification at OKW?

dumbo_buddy

DIS Veteran
did anyone receive notification that the main pool at OKW would be closed for the next THREE weeks? we purposely booked here because the kids like the pool and asked for a room close to the pool. go there yesterday and it's closed. front desk says they sent a letter. i didn't get anything. i'm sure of it.

they have offered to move us to a kidani standard one bedroom or SSR. we've been here since 1/8 and will be here until 1/22. we have another week. i have a 4.5 and 2 year old. wondering if i should move or just stay and deal. they said they will bus us to the SSR pool.

not the end of the world, but annoying.

I would take the Kidani offer. Your little guys would really enjoy the splash area, and it is really easy to sit on a bench and let them run wild. The splash zone is contained and you can see everything.

The pool is really nice, and the Villas are well laid out. I would decide soon, cool weather is heading your way and may make the pool issue moot anyway.

I am due to arrive in less than 3 weeks and I hadn't heard anything either. I am not bothered by the pool but it would have been a nuisance when my children were younger.

Oh what a bummer. Kidani does sound nice too... Did they say the exact date it will re-open? I'm arriving next month...

We were just at OKW, and yes the pool is closed. The bridge over the pool was being removed, and is currently gone. Not sure what else they are doing. They are running a shuttle over to SSR, and via car the SSR and POR pools are only about 5 minutes away.

As previously posted, here is the text of the letter we got before this stay:

December 2013

Dear Disney’s Old Key West Resort Members and Guests:

Welcome home! We are thrilled you will be staying with us at Disney’s Old Key West Resort.

Upon your arrival, you may notice that we are in the process of refurbishing our feature pool. Sandcastle Pool will be temporarily closed from January 13 through January 31.

Rest assured, while we work our magic, all three of our quiet pools will still be available for your enjoyment. In addition, transportation will be provided to Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa where you can make a splash at the High Rock Spring Pool featuring cascading waterfalls, a zero-depth entry point and a 128-foot-long slide built into the rocks. Children can splash through the bubbling geysers of the Donald Duck play area.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment of all we have to offer. If you have any questions regarding your reservation, please contact your original booking agent listed on your confirmation letter.

We look forward to your upcoming stay with us.
Thank You,

Sonya Deese-Bymes
General Manager
Disney’s Old Key West Resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter