Pool Hopping

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
I've read conflicting information in threads that discuss pool hopping. We are staying at BLT in June and are having dinner at the Polynesian at 6:30 one night. I wanted to watch fireworks from the beach but wasn't sure what to do in between dinner and the show. Can we take a quick swim at the volcano pool while we wait? If so, will they give us towels or do we bring our own?

There is a large roll around FULL of many towels at every resort we've been to. There's also return bins that are just as big. The restroom/changing room/shower at the Poly is kind of dark (enter right by the waterfall) and can have a rather wet floor. It's not as spacious as BC or GF's changing room.

I've read conflicting information in threads that discuss pool hopping. We are staying at BLT in June and are having dinner at the Polynesian at 6:30 one night. I wanted to watch fireworks from the beach but wasn't sure what to do in between dinner and the show. Can we take a quick swim at the volcano pool while we wait? If so, will they give us towels or do we bring our own?
Assuming your staying on points and you're not late in June when PH is excluded, you can possibly do so. The rule is you have to check with the destination resort. Since you'll be there anyway, just ask before or after dinner to make sure.

Dean said:
Assuming your staying on points and you're not late in June when PH is excluded, you can possibly do so. The rule is you have to check with the destination resort. Since you'll be there anyway, just ask before or after dinner to make sure.

When does pool hopping become excluded? We are there 6/16-6/23. Dinner is on the 17th. The pools are open until about 10, right?

When does pool hopping become excluded? We are there 6/16-6/23. Dinner is on the 17th. The pools are open until about 10, right?

The information is on the DVC Member website in the portable perks book:

http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc...formembers/perks/PortablePerks-WDW-122912.pdf

The dates for reference though are as follows:

February 16 – 23 (Saturday – Saturday)
March 24 – April 7 (Sunday – Sunday)
May 25 – 28 (Saturday – Tuesday)
June 29 – July 8 (Saturday – Monday)
August 30 – September 2 (Friday – Monday)
November 25 – December 1 (Monday – Sunday)
December 15 – January 5 (Sunday – Sunday)​

As for the pools, they are open 24/7, slides are open lesser hours, although I don't recall specifically (10 maybe). You should be sure to bring your KTTW and DVC Member card.

jlewisinsyr said:
The information is on the DVC Member website in the portable perks book:

http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/languagespecific/eng/member/justformembers/perks/PortablePerks-WDW-122912.pdf

The dates for reference though are as follows:

February 16  23 (Saturday  Saturday)
March 24  April 7 (Sunday  Sunday)
May 25  28 (Saturday  Tuesday)
June 29  July 8 (Saturday  Monday)
August 30  September 2 (Friday  Monday)
November 25  December 1 (Monday  Sunday)
December 15  January 5 (Sunday  Sunday)

As for the pools, they are open 24/7, slides are open lesser hours, although I don't recall specifically (10 maybe). You should be sure to bring your KTTW and DVC Member card.

Thanks! :)

When thinking about PH, one should always check the dates to see if there are exclusion.

Dean said:
When thinking about PH, one should always check the dates to see if there are exclusion.

Oh I've actually never been to WDW. I own at Aulani. This is all a new concept to me. I've never pool hopped before.

Thanks for the advice. Definitely going to try to hit the pool at the Polynesian after dinner that night. Should be fun! :)

luv2sleep said:
Oh I've actually never been to WDW. I own at Aulani. This is all a new concept to me. I've never pool hopped before.

Thanks for the advice. Definitely going to try to hit the pool at the Polynesian after dinner that night. Should be fun! :)

Sounds great. Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter