Pooview at HIFS $20 more??

from Canada

Mouseketeer
Hello, I finally got all my ressies sorted out at HIFS. I have previously posted about some problems with getting an originnally quoted rate. Well after speaking with the manager (and faxing my original confirmation letter), I got my original rate, and thought its all set. I asked him to email me another confirmation letter with everything spelled out. I just got the letter. All the rates are Ok. BUT...now at the bottom of the ressie it says "Poolview upgrades are an additional $20 per night plus tax". Has anyone else been charged this extra amount for a poolview? We are Prority club members, will that help? I refuse to pay $20/night more. I was looking forward to being near the pool, so that we could easily go back and forth to the room. If we cant face poolside, what buildings or rooms does anyone recommend?
Thanks for your help
Karen

We were just there 4 weeks ago...

We were in building #13 on the outside, even though it was a walk to the restaurant area we had a great view of Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks... My kids enjoyed watching the Marriott glass elevator across the road and we did not have the noise associated with the family pool area late in the evenings...

Amy

from Canada,
I'm not positive (hopefully someone here can confirm) but I think the upcharge is for pool-VIEW, not for any building near the pool. I was under the impression that the buildings (including the ones around the pool) have both inward and outward facing rooms. So that you could book an outward facing room and not be able to SEE the pool, but still be very close to it. I hope I'm not wrong, this is what we are planning. Does anyone know for sure?

Is that building the only buiding you can see the fireworks from anyone stay in a closer building (to the main lobby ) and were able to see fireworks??? thanks !

I know for certain buildings 13 and 14 face Rt 536 and you call also see Downtown Disney off in the distance.

We were on the 5th floor( the top floor).

The walk to the lobby is not that far, but it takes about 5-7 minutes depending on which elevator you took. It takes a couple of days to figure out the best route...

Amy

We just got back today. It is $20.00 more for the rooms in the courtyard facing the pool. All of the buildings surround the pool, but have rooms facing the parking lot (outside) or pool (inside). We had a room in building 8 and we were very close to both the pool and the lobby. The parking lot (outside) rooms are quieter, as you don't have the noise from the pool, which is open until midnight.

Welcome back preb!!!!
Thanks to everyone for your help.
Preb, can you give us anymore info on HIFS? I know there are tons of posts on it, but its always nice to get another perspective.
TIA
:)

This was our second stay there. The first was in March of this year.

We have a 2 year old DD and really enjoyed the facilities for kids. This is not a deluxe property, but it is very clean and family friendly. We had a problem this time with our rate at check-in, even though I had called to re-confirm everything in advance, so make sure you have your confirmation in writing. There were some earlier questions about the pool being heated and it definately was, at least at night. The breakfast buffet was good with lots of choices. Dinner in the dining room (buffet) was just ok. If you're on the B1G1F deal and you pay with Visa, you get a certificate for a $15.00 Blockbuster card. Let me know if you have any other specific questions! For 69.50 a night we had a suite, 3 tvs, a fridge, microwave, great pool and breakfast each morning...how can you beat that!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter