Pop Century Rates Way Up For 2018

Week of January 21st, picked POP at $97. That was 15% off. I've had as much as 30% off there so it's not the best but still under $100. Week of Jan 7th same rates as I got, and the week before was slightly higher, prob MLK, but still offered discount. The last week the Allstars were all in the $80's - if I could go that week I would and probably pick Sports.

The surprise was most weeks I looked at CBR was around $134 a night. For some that is a great rate ... I still like POP rates if I can manage a renovated room aka great sleeping queens.
I wasn't able to get a discount for our trip. I'm assuming it will just be more busy that last week of February/first week of March compared to January so it was harder to get a discount. I could've paid $200 more total to stay at CBR, but it had to be in a pirate room and I read some not so great things about them so we are sticking with POP. Even though it seems expensive, I can't wait! I love staying at Disney and am excited for the new rooms & theming at the resort.

I wasn't able to get a discount for our trip. I'm assuming it will just be more busy that last week of February/first week of March compared to January so it was harder to get a discount. I could've paid $200 more total to stay at CBR, but it had to be in a pirate room and I read some not so great things about them so we are sticking with POP. Even though it seems expensive, I can't wait! I love staying at Disney and am excited for the new rooms & theming at the resort.

You DON'T want the Pirate rooms. First off it's a for sure full bed where at POP you have a chance of queen beds. They are also hard and bunk like while the new ones at POP are AWESOME! The gondola's main building construction is right across lake from the Pirate rooms and it's a huge mess. Stayed at POP over 25 times, I consider home resort. Funny because I went kicking and screaming because I didn't think it would be Disneyana enough ............ but we love it and it's plenty Disney.

You DON'T want the Pirate rooms. First off it's a for sure full bed where at POP you have a chance of queen beds. They are also hard and bunk like while the new ones at POP are AWESOME! The gondola's main building construction is right across lake from the Pirate rooms and it's a huge mess. Stayed at POP over 25 times, I consider home resort. Funny because I went kicking and screaming because I didn't think it would be Disneyana enough ............ but we love it and it's plenty Disney.
Well that's reassuring! I'm not excited to try any other resort at this point. I've talked up POP and I've gotten my mind set on it. I wish I could stay in the 50's, but I can always visit the pool during the day. I'm hoping to get a building in the 70's.

Also, I love your picture! I'm long term subbing in a first grade class right now and we just watched Bug's Life because they are studying insects.

Well that's reassuring! I'm not excited to try any other resort at this point. I've talked up POP and I've gotten my mind set on it. I wish I could stay in the 50's, but I can always visit the pool during the day. I'm hoping to get a building in the 70's.

Also, I love your picture! I'm long term subbing in a first grade class right now and we just watched Bug's Life because they are studying insects.

Bug's Life never got it's proper applause. Love anything that creates things out of mini things like the bugs do. :goodvibes

50's is my favorite, always asked for lake view room and we love the bowling pin pool. Never crowded, a good size and relaxing. BUT for now, I'm all about those new beds.

Bug's Life never got it's proper applause. Love anything that creates things out of mini things like the bugs do. :goodvibes

50's is my favorite, always asked for lake view room and we love the bowling pin pool. Never crowded, a good size and relaxing. BUT for now, I'm all about those new beds.
I think the bowling pin pool looks super cute! I'm hoping for a lake view in the 70's area or a room with a view of the Mickey and his phone.

You got $97 in January?! I'm so jealous. Almost $100 less/night.
We will be there Jan 7-12. Through the room only offer up on the website (booked yesterday), I am paying $103 Sun and Thur night and $95 the other three nights. I thought that was reasonable. No way would I pay $171 a night for a value.

I decided to check and see the difference just between Music and Pop for my BB trip in September. I have a standard booked at Pop and a standard is $338.10 more than a standard at Music (& that's with everything else staying the same) :crazy2: That's around $42 more a night.
Now I'm debating on if I should switch or not.

Last week I did one night at AS Movies and 6 nights at Pop in a -5 of them in refurbished room-it is well worth the price increase to me to stay at Pop.

We really didn't like our room at Movies. It seemed rare shabby and worste of all rather poorly cleaned and dusty. I would have been miserable in that room for a week. My son even announced that the room was not good when we checked in.

When we checked into pop he made a pronouncement that this room was much better. Everything was nicer and seemed nicer-not just newer but also higher end from beds to the fixtures to the bathroom sink to the plethora of outlets and the beverage center. After our night at Movies we enjoyed Pop that much more. I would gladly pay 140 more a week to stay at Pop.

I too noted the unusually wide gap between Pop and All Stars for 2018. As much as I love staying on property, it is getting hard to justify. I'm typing this message from my room at the Rosen Inn on I- Drive, which I scored for $46 per night on Expedia. I stayed at Quality Inn by the Lake on 192 in August. That was $60 per night. Disney can't compete with that. Maybe I'll get a room on site again for special occasions, but I really enjoy having the extra $100 per night in my pocket. Having an AP takes away the parking cost making it an even better deal.

I stayed there routinely before the change of ownership and the major overhaul. It catered to overseas tourists and booked rooms by the busload. I was able to ride on the coat tails of bulk pricing and stay there for 20 to 30 dollars per night. It all came to an end about 18 months ago. Sometimes I could stay for 9 nights for less than 200 dollars including the resort fee!

I stayed there routinely before the change of ownership and the major overhaul. It catered to overseas tourists and booked rooms by the busload. I was able to ride on the coat tails of bulk pricing and stay there for 20 to 30 dollars per night. It all came to an end about 18 months ago. Sometimes I could stay for 9 nights for less than 200 dollars including the resort fee!
That's crazy, isn't it? I'm not familiar with the history of this place, but now that you mention it there do seem to be lots of international folks around. There is a sign out front touting rooms for $99.99. I got this one for $46. Room is as small as a value resort, and bathroom is tinier than I knew was possible. Loving the interior corridors and the fact that Universal is right across the street, as Halloween Horror Night is the whole point of this trip

That's crazy, isn't it? I'm not familiar with the history of this place, but now that you mention it there do seem to be lots of international folks around. There is a sign out front touting rooms for $99.99. I got this one for $46. Room is as small as a value resort, and bathroom is tinier than I knew was possible. Loving the interior corridors and the fact that Universal is right across the street, as Halloween Horror Night is the whole point of this trip
Oh.........we might not be talking about the same place. I am referring to 7785 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747. It has exterior doors and is about 3 minutes from Animal Kingdom

I am going in Jan and they want $171/night for POP! umm no thank you! :badpc: I loved the renovated rooms but i can't justify paying that much for a value resort.

I just booked 6 nights at POP for MLK week, and the rooms averaged $125/night. I booked it via the Magic Your Way package and included tickets but no dining plan. Just an FYI, I can't imagine you couldn't get the same rate?

We are at PoP Jan 17-20 2018 and our rates were about
Wed 17 $110
Thur 18 $125
Fri 19 $150

This is with that magic room only discount. Without the discount it was only about $20 more total.

I just booked 6 nights at POP for MLK week, and the rooms averaged $125/night. I booked it via the Magic Your Way package and included tickets but no dining plan. Just an FYI, I can't imagine you couldn't get the same rate?

Perhaps they were just going for MLK weekend, which I would expect to be at the higher rates. Someone else showed a $150 discount rate for a Saturday and said non discounted rates were $20 more, which would bring them up to $170. It does depend a lot on whether you can be flexible with your dates.

Oh, that does makes sense, unfortunately for Texans_loyal. I remember laughing when I saw a chart of dates for various Disney resorts that listed when the different pricing structures would kick in. Regular beach towns have like peak, shoulder, and off-peak seasons. It almost feels like Disney has 7 different pricing tiers, and they kick in at every possible date for any reason you could think of. They certainly don't ever lose money, that's for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!