Pop Century Rates Way Up For 2018

Did you price out the room only Gift of Magic discount?
We're going Feb 27-March 4 and the only day available for the Gift of Magic discount is our first night. I really don't feel like going through all of the trouble of booking two separate reservations just for one night of savings. We are also using the dining plan and I need my meals to carry over so we can use them at Cinderella's Royal Table. We won't arrive until 5 pm at the airport so we will only be using one meal that night. With two reservations, you have to use all of the meals/snacks before you can start your other dining.

The renovated rooms are nice but I wouldn't pay more than $120/night for there. I was there in Sept. and POP was actually less than the All Stars for the night I was there. I got a renovated room and really liked it. I never pay rack rate at Disney, always shop the general discounts, AP discounts and Orbitz discounts. I have stayed at POP for as low as $79 / night with Orbitz discount stacked on top of Disney discount.

When I priced Friday (2/23/18) and Saturday (2/24/18) nights of the Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend, they were $210/nt. That's just nuts! :eek:

The renovated rooms are nice but I wouldn't pay more than $120/night for there. I was there in Sept. and POP was actually less than the All Stars for the night I was there. I got a renovated room and really liked it. I never pay rack rate at Disney, always shop the general discounts, AP discounts and Orbitz discounts. I have stayed at POP for as low as $79 / night with Orbitz discount stacked on top of Disney discount.
I wasn’t able to get any general discounts, don’t have an AP, and want the dining plan. So I had to just go with the 171/night. I’m okay with it.

Oh.........we might not be talking about the same place. I am referring to 7785 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747. It has exterior doors and is about 3 minutes from Animal Kingdom
I think that's the place where I stayed in August. I liked it too. Very convenient to AK and the rest of WDW. I would stay there again

We're staying at POP in Feb/March and I was surprised at the $171/night price tag. It seemed high to me for a moderate. I better get one of those refurbished rooms for that price!!

$171 a night for a value resort?! That's insane! Wow! I remember when values were $79

$171 a night for a value resort?! That's insane! Wow! I remember when values were $79
It’s a lot but still cheaper than a moderate. We’ve already done both port orleans resorts and neither CBR nor CSR interested us this time.

It used to be that Art of Animation was the "high priced" value resort. Pop and All Stars cost almost the same. (Pop was a touch more expensive)
For 2018 there are two major changes to the price structure in addition to the usual "annual increase" that occurs each and every year.

Change One: During certain times of the year, there is now an elevated cost for both Sunday and Thursday nights.
Change Two: Pop now costs 10 to 20 bucks more than All Stars during the cheap seasons
The gap between a night at All Stars and Pop is now very noticeable. For 6 or 7 nights, it really adds up.

OUCH........that hurts!

In case your budget is tight, I wanted to pass this on. Between the increased cost of an AP and these increases, we will be cutting back on 2018. We are also going to let our AP expire and may take a breather for a while.
Wait and see what happens to CSR when the refurb is done and CBR once gondolas open.

Pop is going to have queen beds. I would expect another hike when Skyliner opens.

When is the Skyliner planned to be completed? That could make or break things for me. I'm kinda hoping it's still under construction by the time I go.

I'm looking to book for the dates of 10/28/18 to 11/2/18 and it's pretty crazy the pricing difference between the 27th ($172) and the 28th ($134) and that's just for a standard room. Of course the dates are the end and the beginning of two different pricing seasons.

It's a near $100 difference if I were to downgrade to All Stars Sports for the same dates. I'm quite torn on what to do.

It’s a lot but still cheaper than a moderate. We’ve already done both port orleans resorts and neither CBR nor CSR interested us this time.

I was able to get POFQ for $172 a night this April, so it isn't that much cheaper. In fact, I'd stay offsite at a 4 star hotel before I paid $170 a night to stay at POP. Those beds aren't that amazing to command that sort of price when they are still being squeezed into a small room at a resort that doesn't have that many amenities.

I thought Pop was a value resort.
Value is a relative term.

Compared to other resorts on site.........it does fall in the value category, but when compared to historical pricing folks are feeling like that isn't true anymore. The thing is..........POP rooms are being upgraded. WDW is doing construction at other resorts so fewer rooms to pick from. Jeez look at WL they took 1/2 the main building away by making it DVC. Add to that ToyStory Land and Star Wars Land are coming in the next 2 years.

They say you can only count on a few things in life "death" and "taxes".........while there's a third "prices at WDW going up".

Doug :goofy:

I was able to get POFQ for $172 a night this April, so it isn't that much cheaper. In fact, I'd stay offsite at a 4 star hotel before I paid $170 a night to stay at POP. Those beds aren't that amazing to command that sort of price when they are still being squeezed into a small room at a resort that doesn't have that many amenities.
I’m paying $177/night in March. It’s either that or pay more for moderate or deluxe. There really isn’t much choice during the time I’ll be there

We always stay on site. It’s just part of the experience to us. I’m staying feb 27-March 4 and don’t see anything significantly cheaper than POP and there are no offers I can use either.

I’m staying feb 27-March 4 and don’t see anything significantly cheaper than POP and there are no offers I can use either.

Can you use Disney Visa discount? They have your dates at POP for preferred at $145 a night. They also have standard rooms for $133 a night.

Gift of Magic discount also available for your dates. The prices are the same as the Disney Visa discount.

Play, Stay and Dine also available at POP for your dates.

Last edited:
Can you use Disney Visa discount? They have your dates at POP for preferred at $145 a night. They also have standard rooms for $133 a night.
I don't have the Disney Visa card and we don't really want to open another card account. I did today realize I can do the Gift of Magic offer and that makes a Standard $147/night. That's more manageable to me for a Value resort.

So I can save about $200-$300 if I book the Play, Stay, Dine package, but I can only get Preferred or Standard Pool View. I currently just have a Standard view. I'm going Feb 27-March 4. Would it be better to keep my Standard view in hopes of getting a refurbished room or should I switch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts