PoppetK Pre-trip report!

PoppetK

Mouseketeer
This is my first PTR, but I enjoy reading other peoples so much I thought I would give it a go myself. So, here's the details of our upcoming trip.

When

22nd September we head to London to spend the night with my BIL. He lives in North London, right by a tube station so nice and easy for our trip to Kings Cross. We catch the Eurostar on the 23rd September straight to Marne-la-Vallee.

We're staying for 3 nights at the Hotel New York. This is our third trip to DLP and our third stay at the HNY. We booked with the free half-board meal plan, so evening meals are sorted :yay:

We previously went in 2009 and 2010. Our other trips were all in early December and the weather was bitter. It'll be nice on this trip to ditch the thermals and wear less layers and also not worry about snow wrecking our plans. On our return journey last year it snowed and made the Eurostar hideously delayed and run at reduced speed all the way home. We got back into Kings Cross at 2am. Although I will miss the Christmas theming as it was so beautiful :love:

Who

First of all there's me and H. This pic was taken on our recent (childfree) holiday to Rome.

IMG_0751_zpsd563f8c4.jpg

My BIL will also be joining us on this trip. It's his first Disney trip so he's really looking forward to it. He's been away with us quite a few times on other holidays and our sons absolutely adore him, so he's great to have around. We've asked for interconnecting rooms in the hotel, so once the kids are in bed me and H can chill in his room for a bit!

DSC_0204_zps751abccb.jpg

Lastly there's our two sons, Owen (8) and Oscar (4). Owen is very excited that on this trip he will be tall enough to ride Space Mountain. Last time we went Oscar was just under 2, so didn't get to experience many rides. This time he's going to be brave and attempt Thunder Mountain (providing he's tall enough!). Owen was at 4 so we're hoping so :lmao:

DSC_0235_zps9ee6da28.jpg
DSC_0198_zps0e28ca95.jpg

Why

It's been a couple of years since our last trip. We missed a trip in 2011 as a very close friend (who was a MASSIVE Disney fan) passed away and I just couldn't face it. This year, my fantastic BIL looked after our boys for 9 days in the summer hols so me and H had a 4 day break in Rome. It was amazing and we loved every minute, so to ease the guilt of not taking the boys away we've booked this trip :cool1:

Plans so far

Last week I made our dining reservations and we're eating at a couple of restaurants I've never been to before. First night is always a character meal at Cafe Mickey, that's become a tradition. Second night we're having an early dinner at Blue Lagoon, and then the third day we're having lunch at Walt's. Final night will be dinner in Annette's before catching the train home.

No firm lunch plans yet, we're hoping to just eat wherever we happen to be whilst hungry. I'd like to try Earl of Sandwich and Agrabah Cafe if we get chance, depending on what's open and how hungry we are.

We definitely want to catch Dreams, so with 2 young children I'm pleased the park closing is at 8:30pm. We're hoping to make use of EMH too, as we haven't on previous trips. As Oscar is a lot older on this trip I think we'll be hitting as many rides as possible, rather than the slower pace we took last time.

Think that's all the plans so far. I'll update with anything else I can think of ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter