Popular bar for LGBT at Springs / City Walk?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
I’m hopefully going to Disney World and Universal from the UK next September solo. I’m also a gay man so I was wondering is their a bar / club in Disney Springs and City Walk that is a favourite among LGBT community I could try out? One that has a good number of LGBT customers? No worries if not, I’d thought I’d ask just too see what’s out their :)

While there are certainly plenty of LGBTQ Disney fans out there, I don't know if any of them congregate en masse in any location at Disney Springs or City Walk in numbers that would make it feel like the LGBTQ patrons were a dominant presence. Will you have a car with you on the trip? If you're looking for taste of the local queer community, you could just head out to one of Orlando's many gay bars. I've always had fun at Parliament House, but it's easy to find a location that fits your vibe. If you don't have a rental car, you could also use a rideshare service like Lyft or Uber to get to a bar.

I love Disney Springs locations like Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar and The Edison...but I wouldn't qualify them as gay locations, or guarantee that you would encounter other queer folk there.

I don't know if you use any gay apps, but I have previously found great luck on those with guys looking for actually meetups in the resorts (not the wink-wink -nudge-nudge meetups, but people genuinely looking for gay friends to drink and hang with while on their trip). Of course, this could be because I was there during Gay Days!

I am hearing some terrible news on facebook: Parliament House is said to be closing its doors for good this Sunday after the Halloween weekend celebrations.

This place has been an institution for 45 years, and was my favorite local haunt to visit for Gay Days. There was always a big show on the stage over the pool (I've seen Sandra Bernhard, Miz Cracker, Asia O'Hara, Aquaria, Peppermint and more there). I enjoyed it because it was truly something for everyone: indoor dance floor, outdoor dance floor, more chill bar areas, stage shows, a seedy motel (and during gay days lots of booths from various retailers, and a "foam party" enclosure I always had to laugh at b/c there were only maybe 2-3 ppl in at a time and the foam would always be blowing out of the enclosure! haha) And you could always take a walk to the lake in back and end your night with a peaceful conversation looking out over the water. Apparently the staff was only recently informed and told to keep things quiet so as not to distract from Halloween, which is a huge money maker each year. Kind of a shady thing to do when closing down such an establishment, but regardless of the owner's practices, I'm bummed I won't be able to go one last time. Dedicated queer spaces have been hit hard by the economic impacts of the pandemic, I've already lost plenty in NYC, and hope Orlando's other pots can survive.

I saw that as well. So sad to see another gay establishment disappear. I usually come down for Come Out with Pride in October and we always capped a fun day with dancing into the evening at P House.

While there are certainly plenty of LGBTQ Disney fans out there, I don't know if any of them congregate en masse in any location at Disney Springs or City Walk in numbers that would make it feel like the LGBTQ patrons were a dominant presence. Will you have a car with you on the trip? If you're looking for taste of the local queer community, you could just head out to one of Orlando's many gay bars. I've always had fun at Parliament House, but it's easy to find a location that fits your vibe. If you don't have a rental car, you could also use a rideshare service like Lyft or Uber to get to a bar.

I love Disney Springs locations like Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar and The Edison...but I wouldn't qualify them as gay locations, or guarantee that you would encounter other queer folk there.

I don't know if you use any gay apps, but I have previously found great luck on those with guys looking for actually meetups in the resorts (not the wink-wink -nudge-nudge meetups, but people genuinely looking for gay friends to drink and hang with while on their trip). Of course, this could be because I was there during Gay Days!
Interesting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!