Port Orleans - French Quarter

MickeyAddict

Mouseketeer
I was at WDW this weekend for the Food and Wine Festival. We decided to go to the French Quarter for breakfast and I called to make sure they were still open. When we got to the gate, though, the guard said he was told the food court was closing that day (Saturday). He let us in and they were still open but it was the last day. We had our beignets, but that may be the last time at WDW!

No one seems to know for sure if it is temporary. The guard said it was closing because attendance is down, but the cashier said it is being sold. She said the rumor is that the military is buying it.

There were just a handful of people there. It was sad to see the French Quarter so empty!

Marilyn

Thanks for the info.

Has anybody else heard anymore about the possible sale of POFQ to the military?

Well, rumours have suggested they will do the same thing they did to Shades of green. Whatever that means.

Shades of Green used to be called The Disney Inn which i got to stay at ;)

and so i guess thell change po the way they changed the disney inn

I posted this last week. My DH was there the same time and the CM at the front desk said the closure fit the same sceniro that Shades of Green took (military). She also felt this was happening as well. I'll try to bump post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter