PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

i had asked this previously, hopefully someone can assist. what would be a good request for club level room to be centrally located between lounge and beach or villa pool? Thanks

Here is a map of Portofino bay resort. https://orlandoinformer.com/wp-cont...-portofino-bay-hotel-front-desk-lobby-501.jpg
The Club Lounge is near #1 & #2 on the third floor.
The beach pool is #25 and villa pool is #24.
I don't know where the club level rooms are located.
But in your request I would just put down what you have written "a room centrally located between lounge and pool,"
Just for your reference, My room, 2595, was at the very end of the building number #28 in the Villa facing west (got a great view of night time fireworks at US).. From my room to the pool was a quick 2 minutes walk, including time waiting for elevator. Going to the lounge was 5-7 minutes, passing 30 some rooms on one side (rooms near the elevator are 2x3y, x being the floor number).

Hope it helps.

Here is a map of Portofino bay resort. https://orlandoinformer.com/wp-cont...-portofino-bay-hotel-front-desk-lobby-501.jpg
The Club Lounge is near #1 & #2 on the third floor.
The beach pool is #25 and villa pool is #24.
I don't know where the club level rooms are located.
But in your request I would just put down what you have written "a room centrally located between lounge and pool,"
Just for your reference, My room, 2595, was at the very end of the building number #28 in the Villa facing west (got a great view of night time fireworks at US).. From my room to the pool was a quick 2 minutes walk, including time waiting for elevator. Going to the lounge was 5-7 minutes, passing 30 some rooms on one side (rooms near the elevator are 2x3y, x being the floor number).

Hope it helps.
Thank you! That was very helpful!

Hi All!
We are currently at the PBH, in the middle of our 9 night stay. Oh man, I love this place. Just a few notes for those who might want to know:
1. There is regular mini fridge in the room. Not stocked with overpriced snacks :)
2. There is no coin laundry on site. Only at the HRH. I called ahead of time to ask about this, and they told me there were 3 onsite at PBH. Lies. I should never have believed them, and instead consulted this board for the correct information (I am looking at you @macraven and @schumigirl - shame on me! I should have asked you instead!)
3. The west wing is so convenient to everything - villa pool, beach pool, and water taxi.
4. The slide at the Beach pool is amazing.
5. The Villa Pool may be my favorite place on earth.
6. The beds are very comfortable.
7. Use the "do not disturb" sign and the "please service room" sign religiously. We had someone show up at 8am to clean the room one day. Whoops! We were not up yet!
8. Poolside service is AMAZING! We are so impressed with the staff there!

I'll send more notes as I come up with them!

I'm always around to share info.

yes, no coin laundry on site at pbh.
i'm sure you will be the first to answer any future questions from newbies on that subject...

nice to hear from you while you are still there.

it is such a lovely hotel and most adore it once they stay there.

Hi All!
We are currently at the PBH, in the middle of our 9 night stay. Oh man, I love this place. Just a few notes for those who might want to know:
1. There is regular mini fridge in the room. Not stocked with overpriced snacks :)
2. There is no coin laundry on site. Only at the HRH. I called ahead of time to ask about this, and they told me there were 3 onsite at PBH. Lies. I should never have believed them, and instead consulted this board for the correct information (I am looking at you @macraven and @schumigirl - shame on me! I should have asked you instead!)
3. The west wing is so convenient to everything - villa pool, beach pool, and water taxi.
7. Use the "do not disturb" sign and the "please service room" sign religiously. We had someone show up at 8am to clean the room one day. Whoops! We were not up yet!

All the same reasons I love staying at Portofino. We'll greatly miss it in October. A few more things if you haven't tried these yet:

1. In the lobby are some tables with chess and checkers sets, free for anyone to play. We spent some time before our flight playing chess, and I lost of course!
2. The pizza (especially the Margherita) from Sal's is really amazing.
3. Gelato, also amazing!
4. The breakfast buffet at Trattoria is fairly priced and full of options, it's also not at all busy.

Hi All!

We just got back and LOVED this resort. We were in the Villa wing. Not quite as convenient to lobby and water taxi, but great for Villa and Beach pool. Plus, we had a view of fireworks from our room! Like you, I adored the Villa pool and, yes, the beds were so, so comfortable.

Hi All!

Glad to hear you're having such an amazing time! Yep, the villa pool is lovely......

Shame you got bad info on laundry facilities........

Enjoy the rest of your trip.......:thumbsup2

We will be staying at PBH one night Dec 10. Arriving early in morning and leaving next day for Disney. Got APH discount for garden view king room. Not counting on pool weather- main reason for visit is to experience Christmas festivities and atmosphere at parks as we will also be visiting in October 2017 (Hard Rock) Any suggestions for room location request? And can you walk to the parks from PBH?

You can walk to the parks but I prefer to use the water taxis

Walk could be up to 15 minutes depending on your pace

Some walk it faster then I do

a couple notes I forgot. We have been here a week:
1. Express pass works for everything, even Harry Potter rides
2. No more need for the kiosks at the hotel. the room key worked as our express pass all week on all the rides.

YAY!

Any suggestions for room location request? And can you walk to the parks from PBH?
I agree with @macraven, you can walk to the parks from PBH, but I much prefer the water taxi. you are going to be walking all day, give your legs a break and take the taxi :)
As for room location, we are staying in West Wing, it is SO CLOSE to the boat launch. I highly recommend requesting the west wing.

Hi, we will be staying here (first time) in december and are wondering if we can get a Whole Foods grocery delivery to portofino resort? Kids have food allergies and won't have a car etc so really wanting a grocery delivery. If we can, does anyone know how it works? will it just get delivered to the front desk, or do we need to be in our room for delivery etc? Thanks! :-)

How soon should I make a room request? We are staying December 3-10th and I booked a vacation package so should I call that phone number and give my room request to them or should I call the hotel directly? Thanks!

the scheduler would set up the rooms about 5 days out from your arrival.

put the request in anytime prior to then.

if you booked the package thru UO website, call the hotel.

if you booked thru a 3rd party, they would hold the reservation until you check in.
call them.

i base this on from how it was done a couple of years ago.
if things have changed, i'm in the dark about it.

but, can't go wrong in calling the hotel direct and give your reservation number so they could mark it on the files.

I booked through 3rd party. I was hoping for a water or pool view and called the hotel directly about 6 weeks before our stay to request this. We got a pool view in Villa wing over looking the Beach pool. The best part was that we had a direct view of the Universal fireworks every night! Doesn't hurt to call.

the scheduler would set up the rooms about 5 days out from your arrival.

put the request in anytime prior to then.

if you booked the package thru UO website, call the hotel.

if you booked thru a 3rd party, they would hold the reservation until you check in.
call them.

i base this on from how it was done a couple of years ago.
if things have changed, i'm in the dark about it.

but, can't go wrong in calling the hotel direct and give your reservation number so they could mark it on the files.
Great, thanks! I booked directly thru UO website and looking at my reservation there is a separate hotel confirmation #. I'm going to call the hotel directly in the morning and see what they say. I'll report back.

I booked through 3rd party. I was hoping for a water or pool view and called the hotel directly about 6 weeks before our stay to request this. We got a pool view in Villa wing over looking the Beach pool. The best part was that we had a direct view of the Universal fireworks every night! Doesn't hurt to call.
Cool! I'm crossing my fingers just for a room close to the boat dock. I have a bad foot and the less walking I have to do the better.

Great, thanks! I booked directly thru UO website and looking at my reservation there is a separate hotel confirmation #. I'm going to call the hotel directly in the morning and see what they say. I'll report back.

Do let us know !
When I booked my reservation, I asked that my room preference be listed on the reservation.

I called a week ago and asked them if that request was on my file.
They said no but would add it.

I will be calling the hotel this week to make sure they see it on my reservation.

I booked last year for my October trip for this October stay.
Since then, reservation system was changed over by the end of February.
All they did was change my ressie #in the new booking system

They now have a different number for me but was told both numbers were showing up on my booking.

I called the 800# for the packages and added the request with them. I'll wait till about 2 week before our dates then check with the hotel directly to make sure they got it.

I'm late to do this but I wanted to post a shout out to the staff at Portofino for the job they did handling Hurricane Irma. I was there in the week leading up to Irma and actually left on Saturday before she hit central Florida but we left a bunch of Dreams agents and staff at the Portofino and they ALL raved about how well the staff took care of them. The Friday before the storm and as I was leaving on Saturday, the resort was dealing with a huge influx of people coming in from other parts of Florida to ride out the hurricane, many with their dogs. What could have been a logistical mess was handled with care and professionalism by the staff at Portofino. They have well and truly EARNED my continuing business. Graci

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts