PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

In my experience the Loews site will occasionally have different availability and/or slightly different pricing than the Universal site. It seemed to happen more often last year around the time Universal moved their booking system over to the current (new) style site.

YouFirst can book with either site. However if you are looking for your free Gold room upgrade at time of booking, you have to call the Universal reservations number. I've called the Loews number before, and was told that the Universal reservations are handled separately so they transferred me. The free Gold upgrade will not get you a suite at normal room price. The upgrade is typically a view upgrade, or an upgrade to a Deluxe room at PB. I'm not sure what (if any) upgrade you get if you were booking a suite to begin with.

Thank you!
I will call Universal directly.

Damo,
When you got the 2 bedroom Villa Suite when you took your mom they must have given you 4 keys for the entrances and another for the club?

Yes, it was insane!!! We had so many cards!!!

Is this the old Motherfletcher????

This thread is great, I read a ton of stuff and if its is already in this thread I'm sorry.

Beach pool hours of operation.
Gym hours. Not that I will lift a weight or walk a thread mill but I just want to take an early morning steam bath and sit in the spa for a minute.

This has probably been covered already, but if we have 5 people will they require us to pay $25 a night for a cot or can we bring our own air mattress or just use the provided beds (our kids are small enough to sleep in a queen size bed together)?

This has probably been covered already, but if we have 5 people will they require us to pay $25 a night for a cot or can we bring our own air mattress or just use the provided beds (our kids are small enough to sleep in a queen size bed together)?

Yes, you can absolutely bring your own air mattress.

Call Star Services on the phone and they will bring you any bedding you’ll need for it.......:thumbsup2

If you have more than 2 adults, you have to pay $35/night for each extra adult. You only have to pay for a cot if you actually use a cot. You can bring whatever extra bedding you like.

If you have more than 2 adults, you have to pay $35/night for each extra adult. You only have to pay for a cot if you actually use a cot. You can bring whatever extra bedding you like.
That's for an actual adult though, right? So DH, me, DS-12, DD-6, DS-6. Is only 2 adults for room purposes (I know tickets are a different matter)?
No mandatory extra fees at PB aside from parking (we will have a car)? Just trying to work out a rough budget, or rather see if we can do it on our budget

That's for an actual adult though, right? So DH, me, DS-12, DD-6, DS-6. Is only 2 adults for room purposes (I know tickets are a different matter)?
No mandatory extra fees at PB aside from parking (we will have a car)? Just trying to work out a rough budget, or rather see if we can do it on our budget

You are correct. No mandatory fees other than parking for your family.

We have stayed at Portofino twice before, but in a deluxe room both times. There is an APH rate for our dates for a bay view room. Where are those located? I would assume they are close to the water transportation? We are also youfirst blue members, does that change anything as far as upgrades?

We have stayed at Portofino twice before, but in a deluxe room both times. There is an APH rate for our dates for a bay view room. Where are those located? I would assume they are close to the water transportation? We are also youfirst blue members, does that change anything as far as upgrades?

Bay view rooms can be on either side of the bay. If you want to be closer to the water transportation, put in a request for a room in the west wing.

Hi I will be at universal in 27 days :cool1:.... Anyway we have food allergies and we are staying on CL. I was wondering what is the best way to get a menu of the offerings ahead of time. I didn't know how often they change the menu line up. I know I can talk to someone when I check in but it can be hectic for them to rearrange special food on short notice. I want to give them as much notice as possible. Any suggestions on who I should contact and how?

Hi I will be at universal in 27 days :cool1:.... Anyway we have food allergies and we are staying on CL. I was wondering what is the best way to get a menu of the offerings ahead of time. I didn't know how often they change the menu line up. I know I can talk to someone when I check in but it can be hectic for them to rearrange special food on short notice. I want to give them as much notice as possible. Any suggestions on who I should contact and how?

Call the hotel and ask to speak to someone in Club Concierge, or just have the details added to your reservation. Club Concierge staff get all the info that’s on it.

I know RPR are just changing to their summer club level menu in the next week or so if the haven’t already, maybe PB will do the same.

Checked in Tuesday with a bay view 2 queen reservation. I asked if they had anything in the west wing and she did. The magic words are “I’m willing to wait” but this time I didn’t need to say them.

Call the hotel and ask to speak to someone in Club Concierge, or just have the details added to your reservation. Club Concierge staff get all the info that’s on it.

I know RPR are just changing to their summer club level menu in the next week or so if the haven’t already, maybe PB will do the same.

Great thank you:thumbsup2

We are staying in a dulux Queen room in Aug. I keep hearing people requesting West Wing rooms. We are traveling with a 10 and 4 year old. Is it best to request this area? Am i right in thinking its near the main pool/ water transport? Thanks

We are staying in a dulux Queen room in Aug. I keep hearing people requesting West Wing rooms. We are traveling with a 10 and 4 year old. Is it best to request this area? Am i right in thinking its near the main pool/ water transport? Thanks

It is, but deluxe rooms are in the Villa wing. This is also a pretty nice location as it's between the lobby and west wing. Perhaps request closer to the boat dock side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!