Possible deal on Disney GC at Target

jlemieu1

DIS Veteran
I wanted to share a hopeful way you might be able to get 20% off on Disney GC at Target.
Target has released their BlackFriday add early. On page 39 they are offering a 20% off coupon on a single transaction from Nov. 28th to Dec. 10th if you spend $50 on 11/24. I don't see any fine print about the coupons so I can't say for sure if they will allow Disney GC's.

https://weeklyad.target.com/promotions?code=Target-20171106&page=39

Interesting. Hard to say without having the coupon exclusions available (tricky Target, tricky).
I'm 99.9% confident Target gift cards will be excluded from the coupon, but other gift cards may be totally in as they seem to be coded as merchandise within Target systems. Good catch if it will work.
Also good for anyone who wants any type of GC if it works.

Interesting. Hard to say without having the coupon exclusions available (tricky Target, tricky).
I'm 99.9% confident Target gift cards will be excluded from the coupon, but other gift cards may be totally in as they seem to be coded as merchandise within Target systems. Good catch if it will work.
Also good for anyone who wants any type of GC if it works.
With this being a one time only coupon I agree with the 99.9%. Also agree there is a fine line on entertainment cards and other special products that can't go on sale like Apple, etc...

It's tricky to read the "fine print," but here's what I was able to glean:
upload_2017-11-6_13-21-6.png

Unfortunately, it does say some exclusions apply and that we have to see the coupon for details.

Agree they leave the text vague. "Some exclusions apply; See coupon for details" leaves a hole that you could drive a Semi thru.

Untitled.jpg

This would be a great deal, but since we are cruising on the 24th... Does it seem to work for an online order?

I think you have to spend $50 on 11/24. Once you do that, you receive the coupon to be used between Nov 28-Dec. 10th.

Prior years, I think you have been able to use these types of discounts on the DCL gift card, but things may have changed.

I saw a Target employee post gift cards of all kinds are not eligible.
Where did you see that? Also, in the Target system DCL gift cards are not classified as "gift cards" but "entertainment cards". That's why you can get the 5% discount on purchasing them with your Red Card, because they are "entertainment" cards.

Considering the 5% off with Red Card only works some of the time any more, I wouldn't count on this.

I would say BJ's Wholesale club website (always 7% off or so, membership is not required and there is no surcharge for nonmembers on these) combined with a cash back site and pay for it using a credit card that gives rewards is your best bet. Also check to see if they have an additional 10% off Disney Gift cards sale coming up, they seem to do those about twice a year. All in all you can probably get 20-30% off that way.

Considering the 5% off with Red Card only works some of the time any more, I wouldn't count on this.

I would say BJ's Wholesale club website (always 7% off or so, membership is not required and there is no surcharge for nonmembers on these) combined with a cash back site and pay for it using a credit card that gives rewards is your best bet. Also check to see if they have an additional 10% off Disney Gift cards sale coming up, they seem to do those about twice a year. All in all you can probably get 20-30% off that way.

The rebate website loophole has been closed. At least with ebates and mr rebate it hasn’t worked in a few months.

Where did you see that? Also, in the Target system DCL gift cards are not classified as "gift cards" but "entertainment cards". That's why you can get the 5% discount on purchasing them with your Red Card, because they are "entertainment" cards.
A Facebook group. She specifically said Disney cards would not be eligible.

Check your Amex offers. I had $25 off $250 at Best Buy on my three amexes. Combine that with Best Buy rewards and ibotta and you get a nice discount on Disney gift cards.

I'm in agreement with those that say this will not work on gift cards/entertainment cards. Target has done similar deals in the past (I remember they did it in 2013) and the coupon has lots of restrictions.

When they did this a couple years ago I had to go to 3 targets before I found a manger that let me use it on a gift card, and then I bought like $3500 worth.

Does anyone know if Wal-Mart ever has Disney GCs on sale? I was hoping I could use the extra 5% from Chase Freedom this quarter to buy GCs there and combine it with some other sort of sale.

Does anyone know if Wal-Mart ever has Disney GCs on sale? I was hoping I could use the extra 5% from Chase Freedom this quarter to buy GCs there and combine it with some other sort of sale.
I have never seen them go on sale at Walmart. You can buy Walmart gift cards using chase freedom and use those at Sam's club to buy them though. They are discounted a bit there.

When they did this a couple years ago I had to go to 3 targets before I found a manger that let me use it on a gift card, and then I bought like $3500 worth.
I think you have to be careful about stuff like that. I'd hate for a manager to lose their job so I can get a discount I probably shouldn't be getting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts