Possible deal on Disney GC at Target

Just noticed this myself when looking at BJs online. Not only did the price go up from $94.99 to $95.99 for the $100 card, but now it says "limit 3 per member". I just bought $1,000 last month for paying onboard purchases and port adventures for our last cruise, and was planning on buying $1,500 in Jan-Mar and $1,500 in Oct-Dec when Discover Card was offering the 5% on warehouse purchases to help pay for our May 2019 Disney Dream cruise.

I was really looking forward to getting 10% off the cruise (5% from BJs, 5% from Discover) as well as my 10% for booking onboard. This stinks (even though I don't blame BJs for closing a loophole that had lots of non-members buying massive amounts of gift cards).

You can still do it, you just have to be a little more creative:
Get three of the three packs - So that is $450 for $431.97
Get three of the $50 - $150 for $145.47
Get three of the $25 - $75 for $73.47
Get three of the $100 - $300 for $287.97

So that is $975 worth of gift cards for $938.88, granted that only averages about 4%, but added to the 5% on the Discover card, it adds up.

If you need more than that, perhaps a spouse is available as a second member that can order more as it says three per member and not three per household?

but now it says "limit 3 per member"
When did this happen? I just ordered 15 $100 cards from bjs.com last night. the order is in "processing" state. I do see where it saws limit 3, but the web site lets me add more than three to my cart. I don't need to order anymore right now, so I didn't complete the order.

Okay, so last night I used my Chase Freedom to purchase Wal-Mart Gift cards - so I will get 5% back (Through Dec.). I then used that to buy Disney Gift Cards at Sam's at about 4% discount. I used a Living Social deal to get the Sam's Club membership and I upgraded to the Sam's plus so I think I will get an additional 2% off, but not sure if it works with gift cards. AND, I can transfer my points to my Chase Sapphire Card, which gives me 50% more points if I convert them to cash and use them to book travel.

I wish they had a class in getting deals on Disney cruises in college, it would be my favorite subject!!

Okay, so last night I used my Chase Freedom to purchase Wal-Mart Gift cards - so I will get 5% back (Through Dec.). I then used that to buy Disney Gift Cards at Sam's at about 4% discount. I used a Living Social deal to get the Sam's Club membership and I upgraded to the Sam's plus so I think I will get an additional 2% off, but not sure if it works with gift cards. AND, I can transfer my points to my Chase Sapphire Card, which gives me 50% more points if I convert them to cash and use them to book travel.

I wish they had a class in getting deals on Disney cruises in college, it would be my favorite subject!!

You should have taught the class! ;)

The Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire account as two separate credit cards, right?

So you can buy gift cards with gift cards at Sam’s? I’ve never had a membership there.

The Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire account as two separate credit cards, right?

So you can buy gift cards with gift cards at Sam’s? I’ve never had a membership there.
I agree, GatorMominNC should have taught the class.

Just to note on this card. Here is the info.
EARN 5% CASH BACK
on up to $1,500 in combined purchases
in bonus categories each quarter you activate.*

Yes, they are 2 different cards, but you can transfer points from one to the other.
Yes, you can buy gift cards at Sam's with Walmart gift cards. When I signed up at Sam's I asked, she said she thought so, but maybe just not Sam's gift cards.

Living Social and Groupon always have deals on Sam's club. It is not as nice as Costco or BJ's, but pretty cheap and they have a few things I can't get at other stores. And Disney Gift Cards.

I can confirm as recently as two weeks ago that the Target Red Card (debit) gave me my 5% off on six $100 gift cards in-store. I have always gotten the 5% when buying vendor- or game-specific cards (Disney, Xbox Live, Steam, Animal Jam, etc.).

Really hoping this 20% thing pans out. I need to buy four APs in the next few weeks, and would not mind saving $500-$600.

I was so disappointed to see Target did not offer the 10% off Target gift cards ($300 limit) this Black Friday...or did I somehow miss the notice.

I made a $50 purchase this morning and received the coupon by email. It specifically excludes gift cards and whole lot of other stuff. Too bad!

I made a $50 purchase this morning and received the coupon by email. It specifically excludes gift cards and whole lot of other stuff. Too bad!
I'm assuming that you can buy a $50 Disney GC to satisfy the $50 limit requirement to get the coupon though?

I read that too. Although, Disney gcs have long been considered "entertainment" and not so much gift card. Is that still the case?

Excludes alcohol, Apple products, Bose, CVS clinic & pharmacy, dairy milk, DSLR cameras & lenses, Duluth Pack, Elf on the Shelf, select games (Cards Against Humanity, Joking Hazard, Exploding Kittens, What Do You Meme, Bears vs. Babies), gift cards, Google products, GoPro, LEGO, LG OLED TV, Mobile contracts, Nintendo hardware & Switch software, Playstation 4, prepaid cards, Pulsar watches, Sonos, Target Optical, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, Weber, WellieWishers, Xbox One, Xbox One X.

So is the Disney card a Gift Card? The call it "Disney Gift Card" on their website. Sounds pretty clear to me, but I guess we won't know until someone tries it.

Excludes alcohol, Apple products, Bose, CVS clinic & pharmacy, dairy milk, DSLR cameras & lenses, Duluth Pack, Elf on the Shelf, select games (Cards Against Humanity, Joking Hazard, Exploding Kittens, What Do You Meme, Bears vs. Babies), gift cards, Google products, GoPro, LEGO, LG OLED TV, Mobile contracts, Nintendo hardware & Switch software, Playstation 4, prepaid cards, Pulsar watches, Sonos, Target Optical, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, Weber, WellieWishers, Xbox One, Xbox One X.

So is the Disney card a Gift Card? The call it "Disney Gift Card" on their website. Sounds pretty clear to me, but I guess we won't know until someone tries it.
It said the same thing every time they’ve run this deal (including 2013) and it has never worked on Disney gift cards. And Target is certainly not getting more lenient.

I’m using Amex offers and Kroger fuel points to get 15-20% off.

The only sales target has had in the last two years that I remember helping with Disney gift cards are the 10% off target gift card deal up to $30 savings (use it the next day to buy Disney gift cards) and the buy two $25 or $50 Disney gift cards, get a $5 target gift card (two years ago).

The only sales target has had in the last two years that I remember helping with Disney gift cards are the 10% off target gift card deal up to $30 savings (use it the next day to buy Disney gift cards) and the buy two $25 or $50 Disney gift cards, get a $5 target gift card (two years ago).

They're not allowing that now either. Last I heard, about a year ago, they closed that loophole, though some stores were still allowing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter