Possible Loss of Gold AP for DVC?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
Does anyone think that DVC may drop the AP option in the near future because of the current closures and loss of revenue and possibly even the makeup they do for people who lose points?

I am not a direct owner today but just wondering peoples thoughts.

I don’t see it because the issue is the rooms and while not having a discounted AP would be a loss, owners would still have points to use.

What it might do is simply have owners book longer stays or more point heavy rooms vs. multiple trips.

But, it is a negotiable element with Disney Parks and Resorts, so it could be something that division might want to see it adjusted.

I do not see it because of DVC use, but if a decision is made to reduce ""crowding" at WDW I think the whole Florida resident ticket structure could be on the table. I am sure that even before this that the bean counters have been trying to raise the average ticket revenue per person/per park day (look at the increases in platinum annual passes).

I am guessing that there are political considerations to significantly reducing Florida resident discounts, but this may create the window to do that..

Last edited:

I don’t see that happening. I know more and more members now not buying tickets. My daughters skip years now going. We barely go to the parks even with APs. I’d like to try silver if that was offered.

No, if a recession is truly coming (and nobody knows for sure yet, but it may already be here), it’s the APs and DVC owners that will help wdw get through it. Would be shortsighted to annoy either group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter