Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Thank you. How do people find the odds of getting two seats next to each other if I were to board later with kids? My older kids can sit alone. Honestly the 6 year old would be happy to, as well, but the people next to her wouldn't be!
Each flight is different since it's made up of different passengers. Sometimes you have more Business Select (which is boarding positions A1-A15), sometimes you have more pre-boards, sometimes you are on a connecting flight where there are already passengers on board, etc.

Seems from most peoples experience that generally speaking heading towards the back of the plane gives you more seating options. It does help though that your older kids can sit alone if they had to as generally speaking finding 2 seats together is easier. Seating is 3 seats by 3 seats so with 4 total people in your traveling party at least one will be in a different row even if you were to able to all sit right by each other.

Each flight is different since it's made up of different passengers. Sometimes you have more Business Select (which is boarding positions A1-A15), sometimes you have more pre-boards, sometimes you are on a connecting flight where there are already passengers on board, etc.

Seems from most peoples experience that generally speaking heading towards the back of the plane gives you more seating options. It does help though that your older kids can sit alone if they had to as generally speaking finding 2 seats together is easier. Seating is 3 seats by 3 seats so with 4 total people in your traveling party at least one will be in a different row even if you were to able to all sit right by each other.

I agree with the statement that every flight is different based on the reasons you cited. FWIW, all of those reasons aside, my husband and I have boarded in the mid to late B's and have never had a problem sitting next to each other.

i am hesitating on pulling the trigger on flights during the end of March / beginning of April. I'm just under 60 days out today. if i were to wait until SW releases its new schedule on 2/15, would that in any way affect the availasbility of fares for my 3/30 & 4/7 flights?

IDK if that makes any sense. it's a spring break week, and the hopper & kayak apps are both telling me to wait, but i am getting nervous over here.

The flights are to Orlando from either PHL or TTN.

i am hesitating on pulling the trigger on flights during the end of March / beginning of April. I'm just under 60 days out today. if i were to wait until SW releases its new schedule on 2/15, would that in any way affect the availasbility of fares for my 3/30 & 4/7 flights?

IDK if that makes any sense. it's a spring break week, and the hopper & kayak apps are both telling me to wait, but i am getting nervous over here.

The flights are to Orlando from either PHL or TTN.
With Easter on 4/1, I'd definitely jump on any fares that you find acceptable now. I'm a little surprised much of anything is even available. And, of course, if you go from PHL on Southwest, you still have the option of rebooking and taking the credit if you fly again within a year (from now).

Thanks .... there's actually a ton of stuff still available, it's just crazy expensive. Frontier just dropped down to $600 round trip ($741 with "the works" so we can choose seats & bring luggage), each. Southwest is $750 round trip from PHL.

Thanks .... there's actually a ton of stuff still available, it's just crazy expensive. Frontier just dropped down to $600 round trip ($741 with "the works" so we can choose seats & bring luggage), each. Southwest is $750 round trip from PHL.
My flights from Albany NY just dropped the outbound flight to $98!! Week before Easter. Good luck :)

Oh, yeah it is a SW thread. :) Haha. That is seriously amazing - good for you. I just checked again and while they haven't dropped any fares, they did release more "wanna get away" fares for the return leg of the trip, so here's hoping it's a trend. Frontier is down a little again, down to $505 round trip (without bags or seats though), so I'm not out of hope.

Hi all. I'm sorry if this has been addressed somewhere here. I tried searching but only came up with old threads.

It's been some time since booking SWA with TTF. A competitive airline moved into my small airport and the fares I bought for Thanksgiving week when they first came out continued to drop. I re-booked the flights multiple times and as a result I now have 8 ticketless travel funds under the same confirmation # (last 4 digits appended to the conf # are different).

I thought since it was one confirmation number, I would be able to use all the funds when booking a new flight. Instead two are applied and the rest say maximum number of travel funds reached. Would I be able to call and have the funds rolled into one? If not, can I still do the re-booking/cancel game until I have all funds under 2 new confirmation numbers?

Thanks for any assistance!

Hi all. I'm sorry if this has been addressed somewhere here. I tried searching but only came up with old threads.

It's been some time since booking SWA with TTF. A competitive airline moved into my small airport and the fares I bought for Thanksgiving week when they first came out continued to drop. I re-booked the flights multiple times and as a result I now have 8 ticketless travel funds under the same confirmation # (last 4 digits appended to the conf # are different).

I thought since it was one confirmation number, I would be able to use all the funds when booking a new flight. Instead two are applied and the rest say maximum number of travel funds reached. Would I be able to call and have the funds rolled into one? If not, can I still do the re-booking/cancel game until I have all funds under 2 new confirmation numbers?

Thanks for any assistance!
Rebook and cancel trick still will works to my knowledge.

ETA: all of your TTFs should have the same expiration date - for anybody else reading this keep in mind that when combining through the rebook and cancel trick, all combined funds will inherit the earliest expiration date.

ETA: all of your TTFs should have the same expiration date - for anybody else reading this keep in mind that when combining through the rebook and cancel trick, all combined funds will inherit the earliest expiration date.

Thank you! I appreciate the quick reply. Do you think it would be worth it to call Customer Relations to see if the agent is able to combine? Since I am starting with 4 people, each with 8 TTFs, the rebooking/cancelling will take quite a while LOL, but the $ amounts are worth it.

Yes, you are correct all the expiration dates are the same in my case, but I have read the stories of people getting burned when all funds switched to the earliest date.

Thank you! I appreciate the quick reply. Do you think it would be worth it to call Customer Relations to see if the agent is able to combine? Since I am starting with 4 people, each with 8 TTFs, the rebooking/cancelling will take quite a while LOL, but the $ amounts are worth it.

Yes, you are correct all the expiration dates are the same in my case, but I have read the stories of people getting burned when all funds switched to the earliest date.
I've never experienced quite the number of TTFs you are tryouts to combine lol so I'm not sure if there is a better way or not. I bet somebody at Southwest can do it - your challenge would be getting to somebody who is capable and understands what you're asking. Haha.

Hahaha, perhaps I went a little re-fare crazy. I did save a few hundred per ticket though! I've never seen the fares drop like that before during a holiday time.

I called Guest Relations and no, no way to combine. Oh well, time to crack open my spreadsheet and start re-booking. I'll report back on the experience. Thanks again.

I haven't flown on Southwest in several years. We have a 7:45a flight, am I right I have to try and check in at 7:45am the day before? Do folks do this on an app these days?

I haven't flown on Southwest in several years. We have a 7:45a flight, am I right I have to try and check in at 7:45am the day before? Do folks do this on an app these days?
If you did not pay to add Early Bird to your reservation, you need to do online check-in EXACTLY 24 hours before scheduled departure of your flight. Yes, this can be done on the app, if you like. Get your confirmation number and name entered on the check-in page about five minutes ahead of time and watch the clock hit 7:44 and keep selecting the check-in box, till it accepts your check-in. This will get you the lowest possible boarding number.

This is all based on the assumption that you did not book a Business Select fare, which would automatically assign you a boarding number of A1-A15.

Could have sworn that one of the threads on here said that the new booking window beyond beginning of August would have opened today. Just called Southwest Airlines and new booking window through sometime in September opens NEXT THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15th. HOPINGpixiedust: to get a reasonable flight for an elderly family member for DS wedding mid August:love:! She will be traveling from Ft.Lauderdale to Albany. :wave2:

Last edited:
Could have sworn that one of the threads on here said that the new booking window beyond beginning of August would have opened today. Just called Southwest Airlines and new booking window through sometime in September opens NEXT THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16th. HOPINGpixiedust: to get a reasonable flight for an elderly family member for DS wedding mid August:love:! She will be traveling from Ft.Lauderdale to Albany. :wave2:

It WAS supposed to open today, but they recently pushed it back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter