Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Agreed, although I am more anxious to actually book our flights for our August trip. Fingers crossed that rates aren't to out of line with where they have been! :tigger:
Here is to HOPING:cheer2:..after these rates have my eye on October rates to Orlando for Food and Wine trip, can' t WAIT! Hope that rates are reasonable!:banana:

Could have sworn that one of the threads on here said that the new booking window beyond beginning of August would have opened today. Just called Southwest Airlines and new booking window through sometime in September opens NEXT THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16th. HOPINGpixiedust: to get a reasonable flight for an elderly family member for DS wedding mid August:love:! She will be traveling from Ft.Lauderdale to Albany. :wave2:

I know you mean next Thursday, one week from today. But just want to clarify for anyone else reading that it is Thursday Feb 15th, not the 16th. And booking will open to October 1 per the website.

I knew someone here would know! I was up at 6 am hoping to book my August flights. Thank you for posting. I guess I will have to wait another week!

Mistakenly booked flights with first and last name, forgetting that that should match our passports exactly (including middle name). I can't figure out if there is a way to correct names within the Southwest site, or should I even be concerned about it?
I did the same thing with a United flight for our son. It was very easy I called United, they added his middle name and it was easy. Very important that name on e ticket reservation matches exactly to either passport if you are flying internationally or if using a Verified Drivers License if you are flying domestically. Never hurts to cross your "t"s and dot your "i"s!:laughing:::yes::

I am so excited! I am such a procrastinator and have been waiting to book my flight for our family of 6 for spring break(beginning of March). I jumped on tonight and my flight from a few weeks ago is now $540 cheaper!!! Needless to say I jumped on it. Sometimes booking last minute pays off

I’m wondering when I should book flights for our September trip. In the past I have been able to get great deals around 6 months out so I’m trying to decide if I should wait awhile after they release the dates on the 15th. The difference this time is we already have our lodging reserved by renting points and dates locked in.

I am so excited! I am such a procrastinator and have been waiting to book my flight for our family of 6 for spring break(beginning of March). I jumped on tonight and my flight from a few weeks ago is now $540 cheaper!!! Needless to say I jumped on it. Sometimes booking last minute pays off
WOW! Substantial savings, great for you!:thumbsup2

Hopefully this is okay to ask here. And I'm just asking out of curiosity. I'm not trying to "work" the system! My husband has a SW VISA for which he received points upon opening it. We don't use the card because yes, we opened it only for the points. If we cancel the card, and at some point decide we want to re-apply, would he get the sign on points again?

Hopefully this is okay to ask here. And I'm just asking out of curiosity. I'm not trying to "work" the system! My husband has a SW VISA for which he received points upon opening it. We don't use the card because yes, we opened it only for the points. If we cancel the card, and at some point decide we want to re-apply, would he get the sign on points again?
He’s eligible for the bonus on that card again once 24 months have elapsed since he received the bonus.

If he has only had one type of SW Visa, he would be eligible now for the bonus on the other (i.e. Plus or Premier).

Can anyone tell me what time we can start booking flights for the window opening in the morning?

now we wait... :surfweb:

you can't book yet, however, on the Flight Schedules page you are able to see the flight times

He’s eligible for the bonus on that card again once 24 months have elapsed since he received the bonus.

If he has only had one type of SW Visa, he would be eligible now for the bonus on the other (i.e. Plus or Premier).

Thank you!

Booked Sept flights just now...no issues.

Just FYI I did price comparisons yesterday on SW for most "non-premium", mid-week dates like we are flying. From what I looked at that I felt was comparable, prices for 4 round trip tickets were up $80 for the new released dates. They also removed one of the non-stop flights that had always been there from our city. They now now offer an early morning and evening non-stop and the mid-day non stop was no longer available.

Still a WAY better value than legacy carriers especially with bag fees.

Happy flight hunting! :)

Last edited:
Booked for September! So freaking happy. We're saving at least $232 ... maybe more depending on how many bags we check. That's going to cover MNSSHP tickets for us. :yay:

Booked a long August weekend from PHL this morning...$100 each person each flight. Not bad, not great. Had enough points to make one way free, paid the other direction

My DW didn't have enough points for it to make a difference, but if she did, would there have been a way to pull her points in on the same reservation? I didn't see a way to do that.

Booked a long August weekend from PHL this morning...$100 each person each flight. Not bad, not great. Had enough points to make one way free, paid the other direction

My DW didn't have enough points for it to make a difference, but if she did, would there have been a way to pull her points in on the same reservation? I didn't see a way to do that.
No, unfortunately you can't combine that way, but you could book for each one of you from your separate log-ins. I've had to do that when we were taking a large group of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!