Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I've noticed that the cash cost of some future flights I have booked has gone down this morning, but the points required has not changed. Has anyone else noticed this?
It has to do with the recent stimulus package that passed. Part of the airline bailout is that they don’t have to pay some of the transportation taxes, therefore the customers are not charged. I believe it will continue until Jan 1, 2021.

My flight August has gone down $10. Should I take a credit or hold out to see if it goes down more. It's hard to use all the nickle and dime credits, because of the three forms of payment limits.

I usually book each leg separately due to maximize flight credits. You do have to be careful how/when you use them, because they all end up dating to the earliest one, if you cancel or make changes.

It has to do with the recent stimulus package that passed. Part of the airline bailout is that they don’t have to pay some of the transportation taxes, therefore the customers are not charged. I believe it will continue until Jan 1, 2021.
AH, thank makes sense, thank you so much!

My flight August has gone down $10. Should I take a credit or hold out to see if it goes down more. It's hard to use all the nickle and dime credits, because of the three forms of payment limits.
I might be wrong, but for a "change flight" I believe that the same confirmation # will not generate a new credit but will simply adjust the one that's already established. They key off of initial confirmation # which in turn is tied to date of purchase and subsequently the travel funds expiry.

This would be different for cancelling because you are introducing new conformation numbers with that process.

ETA... and I was wrong. I stand corrected!

Last edited:
We made several changes due to lower fares, and they were all separate travel funds even though they had the same confirmation number. (We had 4 flights that were changed 1-4 times each, so 1 flight confirmation number had 4 separate travel funds.) I spent an hour yesterday booking one way trips with different travel funds, then canceling and using the new travel funds with other small ones until I had 3 travel funds instead of 12. Waiting for November flights now!

Last edited:

Just making sure that my current reservations for May - two separate OW flights - will get the June 30th 2021 expiry date whether I cancel or change to August? Or they cancel?

We made several changes due to lower fares, and they were all separate travel funds even though they had the same confirmation number. (We had 4 flights that were changed 1-4 times each, so 1 flight confirmation number had 4 separate travel funds.) I spent an hour yesterday booking one way trips with different travel funds, then canceling and using the new travel funds with other small ones until I had 3 travel funds instead of 12. Waiting for November flights now!
See that's a lot of work.

Well we just rescheduled our late August trip for either the last week of Oct. or the 2nd week of Dec. Changed our flights to the Oct. dates but we'll probably change them again to Dec. when the new schedule comes out. We have early bird so it's a good thing we booked with points. If anyone is interested, Touring Plans just about doubled the crowd number for our Aug. dates at Universal.

I just noticed that the flight schedule release date has been pushed out until May 28th (previously end of April )

We are currently accepting air reservations through October 30, 2020. On May 28, 2020 we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2021. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

I just noticed that the flight schedule release date has been pushed out until May 28th (previously end of April )

We are currently accepting air reservations through October 30, 2020. On May 28, 2020 we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2021. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Under the circumstances, that is not the least bit surprising. Although I will say I'm disappointed as I have a December trip planned and I'd like to get my flight situation nailed down.

Steve

I saw April release, also. I'm glad they pushed it back. If needed, I didn't want to have to use two sets of travel funds within months of each other. We just purchased August and need December, too. I missed out on the $10 credit yesterday. I'll keep watching. However, my daughter got a really good deal on Delta for August. It's main cabin round trip for $167. The best I saw was just under $200 for basic fare.

I have a question about getting/using credits with SW. I have flights booked to MCO for the end of June and the price went down approx $40 round trip. With the uncertainty of the Coronavirus, of course we might have to change the dates. If I get the credit, how easy or difficult will it be to use it, if I need to change my trip to a later date and the airfare costs more? Should I bother getting the credit? Sorry, I’ve never done this before.

stay well

I have a question about getting/using credits with SW. I have flights booked to MCO for the end of June and the price went down approx $40 round trip. With the uncertainty of the Coronavirus, of course we might have to change the dates. If I get the credit, how easy or difficult will it be to use it, if I need to change my trip to a later date and the airfare costs more? Should I bother getting the credit? Sorry, I’ve never done this before.

stay well

Yes, get the credit - pretty easy to do and to use later. On the main page go to end of blue bar near the top where it says"Manage Flight" and choose change flight. You will need confirmation # to bring it up, and then you will select your flight and pick the time you want - you will see the credit amount in the box where you normally see fare. Then you just continue through the process to "rebook". The credit will be good for travel for one year from when you originally booked - so if you booked this flight on January 4th, you can use it to book any flight that will take off before next January 4th. Hope that makes sense!

When ready to use in the future, under method of payment there will be an option for travel funds, and you will use that confirmation # again to pull those up. Only tricky part is they only accept 3 forms of payment at a time, so if you were to get more credits if it continues to go down, they each count separately, so could have several, and may only be able to use 2 if you still need will to add credit card to finish paying. But if you book one leg at a time as we usually do, you can use 2 each time, so that helps. HTH!

Hmmm.....I have flights for early May. I have already cancelled the hotel but was waiting until the next flight schedule to be released...April 23. We already have a December trip planned so I was hoping to change our May flights to December, thereby not losing our EBCI. I'm assuming since the next release has been moved to late May, I'll have to cancel our May flights..and I'll lose my EBCI. I realize it's not a third world problem but I was hoping to save a little sumpin' sumpin'. Oh well...hell of year so far. Stay healthy!

Hmmm.....I have flights for early May. I have already cancelled the hotel but was waiting until the next flight schedule to be released...April 23. We already have a December trip planned so I was hoping to change our May flights to December, thereby not losing our EBCI. I'm assuming since the next release has been moved to late May, I'll have to cancel our May flights..and I'll lose my EBCI. I realize it's not a third world problem but I was hoping to save a little sumpin' sumpin'. Oh well...hell of year so far. Stay healthy!
You may want to change your May flights and book a "holding" flight sometime in June or July that's comparable to the pricing of your current flights and then "change" those flights to the December trip that you're actually taking. Keeps the confirmation and EBCI intact. Not sure how favorable or unfavorable the price differences will be for the holding flight.

You may want to change your May flights and book a "holding" flight sometime in June or July that's comparable to the pricing of your current flights and then "change" those flights to the December trip that you're actually taking. Keeps the confirmation and EBCI intact. Not sure how favorable or unfavorable the price differences will be for the holding flight.
Wow! Thank you! I didn't even think of that....I'll do exactly that. Love this group!

Just curious if anyone who has cancelled flights can see the updated 6/30/21 expiration date yet? I know they said it would take several weeks, but just wondering if its started rolling out yet.

We re-scheduled our trip from May to October, but I have not been able to re-schedule my flights yet because it still thinks I have a travel fund expiration of June 2020 (they were booked using partial travel funds from a prior flight). Ideally, I'd like to "change" the flight rather than cancel so I don't lose EBCI, so I'm keeping an eye out for the expiration date extensions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!