Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I have rebooked the same flight four times because our flight price keeps dropping. I now have $300 in travel credits. In reading up thread, it sounds like it is difficult to use travel credits when booking if you have multiple credits. If I can use three different forms of payment in one transaction, should I book myself and my one son on one reservation using two of the travel credits, and then my husband and my other son on another reservation using the other two travel credits? We only have our flight booked going to Orlando, I still need to book our return flight. I’m just kind of waiting to see if the trip will actually happen.

I have rebooked the same flight four times because our flight price keeps dropping. I now have $300 in travel credits. In reading up thread, it sounds like it is difficult to use travel credits when booking if you have multiple credits. If I can use three different forms of payment in one transaction, should I book myself and my one son on one reservation using two of the travel credits, and then my husband and my other son on another reservation using the other two travel credits? We only have our flight booked going to Orlando, I still need to book our return flight. I’m just kind of waiting to see if the trip will actually happen.
Is that considered multiple credits? If its the same flight, wouldn't it be the same confirmation and the same expiration date, appearing as one credit per person? I've re-booked twice due to price drops on my flight, so same confirmation number and same expiration date, and only have one line item for my total credit when looking at my travel funds (same with DH). Sorry if I'm misunderstanding!

Is that considered multiple credits? If its the same flight, wouldn't it be the same confirmation and the same expiration date, appearing as one credit per person? I've re-booked twice due to price drops on my flight, so same confirmation number and same expiration date, and only have one line item for my total credit when looking at my travel funds (same with DH). Sorry if I'm misunderstanding!

Lol, no worries, I might be the one who is misunderstanding. It’s the same confirmation number, so then maybe I’ll have nothing to worry about when I book our return flight.

I have the same confirmation number and 3 different lines in my travel funds for all the different rebookings.

It is very possible something has changed, but in the past every modification equaled a different travel credit, even if it was the same original confirmation number. I've run into this in the past and couldn't use a credit because of it and spoke with a rep to clarify. But if they are listed on one line in your travel funds then maybe it's just one??

@disny_luvr If you were all on the same original reservation then splitting up people wouldn't help use more credits. Each travel credit counts as one form of payment, even if it's for four different people. However, if you have different confirmation numbers from your original flights, then yes, splitting up would help. One thing that you *can* do in order to use more travel credits per trip is to book your outbound and inbound flights separately.

It is very possible something has changed, but in the past every modification equaled a different travel credit, even if it was the same original confirmation number. I've run into this in the past and couldn't use a credit because of it and spoke with a rep to clarify. But if they are listed on one line in your travel funds then maybe it's just one??

@disny_luvr If you were all on the same original reservation then splitting up people wouldn't help use more credits. Each travel credit counts as one form of payment, even if it's for four different people. However, if you have different confirmation numbers from your original flights, then yes, splitting up would help. One thing that you *can* do in order to use more travel credits per trip is to book your outbound and inbound flights separately.

I only booked one flight so far, our flight to Orlando. We are all booked under the same confirmation number. Since I have four credits, when I go to book the return flight, can I only use two of those four credits? Do I lose the other two credits?

Sorry for all the questions. We haven’t flown with SW since 2017, and I can’t remember how all this works. Thanks!

Yes, it's multiple credits (or at least that's the way it's always worked). Due to price reductions, I made two changes to a flight to catch lower fares, and I ultimately had to cancel the flight. I have 3 different line items in my travel fund account, all with the same confirmation number and date. When I go to use them to book a new flight, they are differentiated with a 4 digit number appended to the confirmation number, and are treated as three separate travel funds.

There is actually a third credit for this confirmation number, but you can only use two for any given reservation. Of course, I can (and always do) book each way separately, so I get to use two credits per leg.

Steve

I actually tweeted them asking the same question. I had a flight price drop twice, so I repriced it twice, and even though it’s the same confirmation number they are considered 2 separate payment options.

I only booked one flight so far, our flight to Orlando. We are all booked under the same confirmation number. Since I have four credits, when I go to book the return flight, can I only use two of those four credits? Do I lose the other two credits?

Sorry for all the questions. We haven’t flown with SW since 2017, and I can’t remember how all this works. Thanks!
Just to make sure I understand - you've booked half of your trip and the price for that flight has gone down 4 times? But you haven't booked the return flight yet? If that's the case, then yes, I think you could only use 2 of the 4 credits on your return flight. Otherwise just use the two highest credits for your return leg. [although with things changing so much lately it's quite possible another door will open for you to be able to use all the credits]

Each credit is associated with a different person who was on the reservation. EACH credit can ONLY be used with the person who is associated with that credit. You can book individual flights for each person and use the credit for that person, or you could book two people together and use the two credits for those people. But if you try to book all four on one itinerary, you'll only be allowed to use 2 of the credits.

Steve

Each credit is associated with a different person who was on the reservation. EACH credit can ONLY be used with the person who is associated with that credit. You can book individual flights for each person and use the credit for that person, or you could book two people together and use the two credits for those people. But if you try to book all four on one itinerary, you'll only be allowed to use 2 of the credits.

Steve

My sons are 13-years-old. Can I book them on their own reservation without an adult?

Just to make sure I understand - you've booked half of your trip and the price for that flight has gone down 4 times? But you haven't booked the return flight yet? If that's the case, then yes, I think you could only use 2 of the 4 credits on your return flight. Otherwise just use the two highest credits for your return leg. [although with things changing so much lately it's quite possible another door will open for you to be able to use all the credits]

You are understanding correctly. Plus, everyone in my travel party has four credits.

can someone explain this to me like I’m 5 please😜 I have 2 people that have travel credits. Both are the same based on a trip we took a few months ago. They look like this: abcdef-1234
abcdef-5678
Ghijkl-9112
the first 2 must have been from the same flight??? I did find lower fares but I don’t remember what I did then So I’m guessing. after the - the numbers differ but before the- they are the same. So if I was going to use these I realize I can only use 2 but are the first 2 (the same flight ones) considered 2 separate amounts? I hope this makes some sense

I have flights booked for April Break (like 10 days from now). I am not going to use these flights but have not canceled yet. Am I correct in thinking that is Southwest cancels the flight my credit will be extended to summer 2021 as opposed to if I cancel the flights (credit expires one year from booking). I keep reading that SW is canceling 1000 to 2000 flights per day, I am hopeful my flight will get canceled. Does anyone know how far in advance SW has been canceling the flights?

can someone explain this to me like I’m 5 please😜 I have 2 people that have travel credits. Both are the same based on a trip we took a few months ago. They look like this: abcdef-1234
abcdef-5678
Ghijkl-9112
the first 2 must have been from the same flight??? I did find lower fares but I don’t remember what I did then So I’m guessing. after the - the numbers differ but before the- they are the same. So if I was going to use these I realize I can only use 2 but are the first 2 (the same flight ones) considered 2 separate amounts? I hope this makes some sense

Yes, they are considered two separate credits. You will NOT be able to use the credits from both abcdef and ghijkl to pay for the same itinerary, since there are 3 credits involved.

Steve

I have flights booked for April Break (like 10 days from now). I am not going to use these flights but have not canceled yet. Am I correct in thinking that is Southwest cancels the flight my credit will be extended to summer 2021 as opposed to if I cancel the flights (credit expires one year from booking). I keep reading that SW is canceling 1000 to 2000 flights per day, I am hopeful my flight will get canceled. Does anyone know how far in advance SW has been canceling the flights?

It doesn't matter if SW cancels or you cancel. The extension of the date applies in both cases. It may take a few weeks for the date extension to show up though. Based on the language used in the announcements about it, I have to assume that pushing out the date will be a separate process at some point in the future and is not part of the normal cancel process.

Steve

Yes, they are considered two separate credits. You will NOT be able to use the credits from both abcdef and ghijkl to pay for the same itinerary, since there are 3 credits involved.

Steve
Thank you!!! So can I book a 1 way flight and use the first ones and then a 1 way back and use the other credit? And assuming that I could do the same thing for the second person,booking it separate. I’m sure having 4 different reservations is a pain but would that work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter