Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Same. 17 days. I still haven’t updated Magical Express because last time I did that we had complete a overhaul the next day.
Same here. We leave in 12 days and hoping for no more changes. We've already added one night to our trip due to a flight change. I'm sad enough at the end of a Disney trip I certainly didn't want to be leaving our hotel at 4 in the morning!

Just got notice that our end of January flight was changed.
had a perfect 6:45pm direct flight from MCO to BDL (total flying time of 3 hours)) to a flight with a 3 hour layover leaving at 2:00 for a total flying time of 6 hours.
I checked and the only direct flight home would be at 11:00am. The thought of having to be picked up by the ME at 8:00am and be awake and packing by 6:00am is very unappealing.

I found a direct flight home on JetBlue that leaves mco at 1:50. I’m not thrilled to have to pay to check our bags but I think I would rather pay $70 in ridiculous fees vs. waking up at the crack of dawn and being rushed. Does anyone know if JetBlue is screwing up flights like SW is?

Just got notice that our end of January flight was changed.
had a perfect 6:45pm direct flight from MCO to BDL (total flying time of 3 hours)) to a flight with a 3 hour layover leaving at 2:00 for a total flying time of 6 hours.
I checked and the only direct flight home would be at 11:00am. The thought of having to be picked up by the ME at 8:00am and be awake and packing by 6:00am is very unappealing.

I found a direct flight home on JetBlue that leaves mco at 1:50. I’m not thrilled to have to pay to check our bags but I think I would rather pay $70 in ridiculous fees vs. waking up at the crack of dawn and being rushed. Does anyone know if JetBlue is screwing up flights like SW is?
YES. I recommend book something where you're flexible or have a backup plan. Also, watch carefully what they do with November and December flights - you can get a sense of which flights they are keeping and which get canceled. From DC they cut 4 direct flights a day down to 3 direct flights a week.

In August we were moved by JB 3-4 times by 12-24 hours each time, and when all was finally said and done, our trip ended up shifting by 3 days on either end so we could keep our price-protected stay (at the Poly before we were moved again). We ended up patching together 4 hotels due to flight changes LOL. The last change they did was about 8 days out.

DH had a JB trip to Tampa earlier this month and he was moved by 24 hours. He couldn't do that so had to cancel.

That being said JetBlue is AWESOME with their protocols and we had two excellent flights.

YES. I recommend book something where you're flexible or have a backup plan. Also, watch carefully what they do with November and December flights - you can get a sense of which flights they are keeping and which get canceled. From DC they cut 4 direct flights a day down to 3 direct flights a week.

In August we were moved by JB 3-4 times by 12-24 hours each time, and when all was finally said and done, our trip ended up shifting by 3 days on either end so we could keep our price-protected stay (at the Poly before we were moved again). We ended up patching together 4 hotels due to flight changes LOL. The last change they did was about 8 days out.

DH had a JB trip to Tampa earlier this month and he was moved by 24 hours. He couldn't do that so had to cancel.

That being said JetBlue is AWESOME with their protocols and we had two excellent flights.
Thank you for your response!! Ugh, this is so stressful. So far our mid morning perfect direct flight out is still good but am bummed that we are going to loose out on our last day of vacation. I guess I am going to do nothing for a month and see what both airlines do with their schedules.

Pack the night before!! Truly, I feel your pain. BDL used to have an early morning - mid afternoon and an early evening each way every day! I am so spoiled. We had to add a day to the beginning of our trip because of the November changes.

Thank you for your response!! Ugh, this is so stressful. So far our mid morning perfect direct flight out is still good but am bummed that we are going to loose out on our last day of vacation. I guess I am going to do nothing for a month and see what both airlines do with their schedules.
It's so frustrating. I hope you find some good options and they don't make too many changes right before your trip. I think SW is being a tad more proactive with giving customers notice but JB isn't (my adult DD had a SW flight that canceled about 7 weeks out so it was nice to have some notice to rework things).

My United flights next week (and the following week) are both almost completely full (not sure how I feel about that but I digress!), but they did shift us around a bit too when they pared down their offerings in early Oct for the following month. I'm now a 6 pm departure instead of a morning flight and a 2 p.m. return instead of a 7 pm. At least I know they won't get canceled since they've been predictable through Sept and Nov which ones they'll cancel. I rescheduled DH's Tampa trip for early December and picked the flights that look like they'll stick.

What I did was finagle adding two days to the trip since we lost some days too (but we were only a 5-day trip to begin with). DH isn't coming, but with his partial remote status he was able to be home to stay with DD13 so I was able to swing it.

Check your February and March reservations for flight and fare changes. We saved a bunch of points and traded flights for some better times. We also lost a non-stop flight, but that seems to be status quo these days.

Check your February and March reservations for flight and fare changes. We saved a bunch of points and traded flights for some better times. We also lost a non-stop flight, but that seems to be status quo these days.
They also are making changes in April, which will allow modifications within the 30 day window, either way, at no additional fare.

I got my SW emails last night for our Feb 19-24th trip to Disney...I had a wonderful 5:30am direct flight from here to MCO and we arrived at 7:15am and they moved us to the only non-stop that day which arrives at 4pm - IN THE AFTERNOON! Pass.....

and then our flights home they bumped us to a nonstop that is 2 hrs earlier in the morning....Pass...

So, I have to call today (since DH has companion pass) and I'm moving us to a 7:30am with a tiny layover and we'll arrive at 11:30am (the earliest arriving flight of the day) and then on departure day I'm bumping us to the 3:15pm flight with a tiny layover so we can spend that morning in MK!

They've already moved our December flights too....

I guess I should just be excited that we can still go - and I am - I just loved those flights!! :guilty:

Got an email last night about our February flight- luckily the change benefits us but I noticed a flight eliminated and more significant changes on the other flights for that day (PVD-MCO for February vacation week. I anticipate many more changes before now and then so I'll be watching closely.

Has anyone else had technical difficulties with the Southwest website and app this morning?
I have tried different browsers and eventually had to call to change our flights.

Has anyone else had technical difficulties with the Southwest website and app this morning?
I have tried different browsers and eventually had to call to change our flights.
Yes. It won't let me log in [doesn't recognize my userid/[password]. Using Safari 13.1.2

ETA: Message I'm getting

ACCOUNT NUMBER OR USERNAME

PASSWORD

We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later.

Out of curiosity, I tried to pull up my reservation in the app and yes, there's an error message.
It's not uncommon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter