Post/Thread linking

pkondz

Brace yourself for immediate disintegration
post/thread linking appears as follows:
[post=51882356]Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure[/post]

Is this likely to be fixed? Or is this new coding that has to be learned.
If so... is there someplace with new BB codes somewhere?

The old post/thread links in the BB code format are a known issue. Hopefully we will have a fixed applied in the coming days.

The old post/thread links in the BB code format are a known issue. Hopefully we will have a fixed applied in the coming days.
Ok. I shall patiently await the BB's birth...:laughing:

Ok. I shall patiently await the BB's birth...:laughing:
Aaahahahahaha! I see what you did there ^^ !
bigeyes.gif

OP, I don't know if you found this yet, or if it's any help to what you need: http://www.disboards.com/help/bb-codes

Yes it does, thanks!
However...

It doesn't describe how to create a link to a specific post....
But I found out how to do it!

At the bottom of a post you see (from left to right)
username, date posted, <Edit>, <Report>, (far right side has...) post number, <+QUOTE>, <Reply>

If you click on the post number (eg. #7) you will see a URL
(eg. [URL="http://www.disboards.com/threads/post-thread-linking.3375788/#post-53002932"]Post/Thread linking[/URL])
Below that is an instruction to copy and paste the URL.

That links to specific posts.

Last edited:
Yes it does, thanks!
However...

It doesn't describe how to create a link to a specific post....
But I found out how to do it!

At the bottom of a post you see (from left to right)
username, date posted, <Edit>, <Report>, (far right side has...) post number, <+QUOTE>, <Reply>

If you click on the post number (eg. #7) you will see a URL
(eg. the end[/URL])
Below that is an instruction to copy and paste the URL.

That links to specific posts.

woo!! Nice find!
party0049.gif

Before you do....

I could be wrong, BUT, I seem to recall another thread where Webmaster Corey or Alex (see, my memory is getting bad as I get old), had said
not to fix them manually because they were working on an across the board (ha ha, pun not-intended) fix.

Anyway it's worth looking through some of these threads first to see if they're going to programmatically fix it!

Before you do....

I could be wrong, BUT, I seem to recall another thread where Webmaster Corey or Alex (see, my memory is getting bad as I get old), had said
not to fix them manually because they were working on an across the board (ha ha, pun not-intended) fix.

Anyway it's worth looking through some of these threads first to see if they're going to programmatically fix it!

I do remember seeing that.
I'm in no rush to fix all my links. I'll wait awhile to see if they get fixed automatically.
At least now, though, I know how to do it for future posts (and past ones if a fix doesn't happen.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter