***Post your questions and experiences with Coronavirus-related canceling/rescheduling of resort reservations here***

I posted this question in another thread, but I'll try it here too...

We have a "resorts only" trip booked for late July. What are the chances there could a situation where the parks are closed but the resorts are open? I'm pessimistic about that, but just asking anyway.
I think it's unlikely. Most guests want to go to the parks, so I don't think it would be profitable enough for them to just open up the resorts, with relatively few guests willing to pay Disney prices for a resorts-only experience. Disney is a volume operation.

However, I think the parks and resorts will both be open by late July.

Last edited:
I have cancelled a lot of resort reservations over the years, and rarely, if ever, received a cancellation confirmation email. But the money always gets refunded. They'll refund yours, too, don't worry. It has not been my experience that resort refunds are usually instantaneous. They've taken up to a week for me. And expect more time now, due to current conditions.
Thank you! And thank you, @GADisneyDad14.

I cancelled an April vacation last week and while I don't have a refund yet, (not too worried because of the amount of cancellations being dealt with) I do have a weird $3 charge from the day I cancelled. Anyone know how that could be related? I haven't purchased anything else from Disney.

I cancelled online Friday evening. By Monday morning, I had refunds from my EMM and CRT bookings and partial refunds from my resort stay that were paid for on my Disney Visa. Today I had an additional resort refund to a MasterCard and my Disney Chase Rewards were refunded. Still waiting on a very small refund to my Debit Card. No email confirmation when I cancelled the resort stay. Hope this helps someone looking for their refunds. It was faster than I imagined.

Last edited:

Honestly with the way things have been going, I feel like the later the reservation, the better your chances.
Just moved my flights on Jetblue to July 23-28th. Now I'm on hold with Disney to move my package. Fingers crossed they figure out something to make these AP work out.

You qualify for the special offer if you had a reservation on points, but your rescheduled trip would need to be booked as a cash reservation, not on points. And you would need to include tickets in the package.

Sorry you are impacted by the closure, enjoy your rescheduled vacation!
I was wondering this too. Why would they want the cash reservation and have the owners back w these points w limited DVC avail? Arent they trying to help DVC owners?

My experience may be a bit different, but here it is.

Had a school field trip planned for Spring Break (March 21-25). 8 days before the trip, we had to move it to Memorial Day weekend, May 22-26. As of yesterday at lunch time, we had everything confirmed and set up, and frankly, perfect...

And then Southwest Airlines started cancelling flights to Orlando like crazy.

They re-booked us, without any notification, for an arrival flight leaving the night before.. Not sure how that would work. Then the return flight got moved to an earlier time in the day. When I looked closer, I saw that many of the flights to Orlando were being deleted before May 31st. So I called the Southwest group reservation line and re-re-booked our flights for June 1-5. Now hoping Disney can adjust to the new dates.

It seems like the fact that Disney is writing new reservations are only being taken after June 1 is having an impact on when Southwest is planning/cancelling flights.

Jet blue wrote an email to customers saying that they were cancelling 70% of flights and rearranging flights to separate customers due to social distancing. Maybe they are doing the same??

Jet blue wrote an email to customers saying that they were cancelling 70% of flights and rearranging flights to separate customers due to social distancing. Maybe they are doing the same??
Would you be able to put a screenshot of this email? I haven't received one yet and I'm curious what it says.

Did they have dates for which flights they're doing this to?

We have our honeymoon booked for May 26th-June 1st, including flight, resort, park tickets, dessert parties, etc (all booked through Disney). When they first announced the March closure, we were optimistic and kept our reservations, assuming that we'd deal with possibly rescheduling once the park was officially closed for our trip dates. Now that the closure is "indefinite", when should we start worrying about rescheduling/refunding? Now? 30 days out? We're both teachers, so we can potentially reschedule any time before the end of July, assuming the parks reopen... But I don't want to get sick with rescheduling fees for the flights.

Also, we still have a little bit unpaid on the trip (due end of April)... Should we pay that balance or hold off for now?

Any thoughts on if "better" offers will become available besides free dining for very limited dates that was just offered?

I decided to take advantage of the rebooking offer through Dreams. We had an early May stay booked for Pop and the agent we were given was able to reschedule us for Pop at the end of September with free dining for $200 *less* than our prior package (which only included the hotel and tickets). It was super easy - I just had to give her our reservation number, authorization to cancel the old reservation and fill out a simple form online.

We have our honeymoon booked for May 26th-June 1st, including flight, resort, park tickets, dessert parties, etc (all booked through Disney). When they first announced the March closure, we were optimistic and kept our reservations, assuming that we'd deal with possibly rescheduling once the park was officially closed for our trip dates. Now that the closure is "indefinite", when should we start worrying about rescheduling/refunding? Now? 30 days out? We're both teachers, so we can potentially reschedule any time before the end of July, assuming the parks reopen... But I don't want to get sick with rescheduling fees for the flights.

Also, we still have a little bit unpaid on the trip (due end of April)... Should we pay that balance or hold off for now?
I am so sorry that you are having to worry about this and hope that it is not taking too much away from your wedding planning and excitement.
As your booking is directly with Disney, I would feel safe paying the outstanding balance due at the end of April. Personally, I would hold off from rescheduling anything, until Disney make further announcements; there may be more special offers to come and, as it is your honeymoon, maybe they will do something special for you. Good luck.

Most airlines are making it very easy to modify and change flights. I would move your trip to end of July now so you can stop worrying about it.

Well, our new June flights for our school group were just cancelled by Southwest. They automatically rearranged it so that 1 of us is flying on a later flight. 15 are flying to Chicago. And 30 are flying to Blaltimore. Eventually all arriving in Orlando at way different times.

I think I need to accept that this trip just isn't going to happen. :sad1:

Well, our new June flights for our school group were just cancelled by Southwest. They automatically rearranged it so that 1 of us is flying on a later flight. 15 are flying to Chicago. And 30 are flying to Blaltimore. Eventually all arriving in Orlando at way different times.

I think I need to accept that this trip just isn't going to happen. :sad1:
Wow! That's a mess. They are making it easier for you to make the decision.......:(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!