Posting some support to all our troops and families

Alice28 said:
Yes, thank you to ALL our men and women in uniform. My DH being one of them. He's frustrated right now, cause their mission is basically to patrol a large airbase and do periodic security transports to the dump and sewage containment. He said, "I didn't come halfway around the world and interrupt my family and home life to transport "poop." (except he didn't say poop). I said, "What you're doing is important and I appreciate you."

As his wife, and the fact we have three kids, I would rather him be transporting poop than in the thick of the insurgency action!! :teeth: Selfish me!

There is no man or woman over there who's job is not important... please thank him for us. I pray that God will bring him safely back to you.

PS... If your kids are still small, he should be eternally exempt from diaper duty when he returns.

A thank you from this DIS'er as well! A special thanks and God Bless to all my former students who are serving or have served.

My undying gratitude goes to all our military personnel and their families. They are the nucleus of a new "greatest generation." History will record that these brave few saved the world from terrorism.

God bless you all.

My undying gratitude to all of our brave men and women. You all are truly remarkable. God bless each and every one of you.

Thank you, thank you thank you. Both to the service men and women, and their families. I really don't know how you (the families) do this; a friend of mine is leaving for basic training (air force) in August. I'm having a hard enough time with that; I can't imagine family, and although I probably need to, I don't even want to think deployment. So again, thank you for all you do. We DO appreciate it!

7thdwarf/dopey said:
I did a new post search earlier and came upon this thread. I read it all and have kept up with it. I couldnt decide whether I should post and when I did, I didnt know what to say. I knew what I felt but couldnt find the words. I'll get back to this and my reason for posting in a moment.

I dont post much of our personal business here, for obvious reasons, but one or two of you that replied to this thread know of me and my family. Our two oldest boys, Rick and Andy, have been overseas since 2001. They were due to be sent home last fall as their enlistments were over (brother duty). Well they got put on the "stick list". We needed to cancel our family reunion Disney Christmas. I didnt miss it ...same with DW,(born on Christmas) we just would not have been able to enjoy it.
The boys did make it home 45 days later. Surprised the heck out of us, and our prayers were answered. This December will be our familys first Christmas in almost five years. Kathy's first birthday she has celebrated in just as long. We will all be at WDW to have that family Christmas we had to postpone.

Now my reason for posting all this. When I did decide to respond and couldnt think of what to write, I called in Andy and Rick and asked them to read this thread. They did. Rick said "wow this is a first", Andy said" Ya , mean the thankyou's"? Rick said "yeah! Other than you guys(family) we felt like nobody gave a sh*t". I could'nt believe it. They needed to know. They wanted me to tell you all "THANKYOU".
We hugged and I choked up and I did what I could to hold back my emotion and we started goofing off.

Anyway, I came back to the keyboard and wanted to let you all know that your words have been seen, they've been read, and you made my boys feel a little bit better. And for that I wanted to say thankyou! Thankyou from my wife and myself for caring.

And to keep with my tradition of not to end a post without a smile.........
I think this is the longest post I've ever written. And I did explain the badshoe and LYMI . They got a hoot out of the badshoe pictures. Especially the females in high heels! :earboy2:

I haven't checked this thread in a while. I was linking the UWS forum to some one over on the DCL forum. Any way, I'm glad your guys could see our TRUE appreciation for their service, commitment, obedience to duty. I am not a military wife (almost was), but I feel such a burden for simple things like saying thanks. My dad served during Nam in Calif., but he had a desk job and he didn't ever talk about his service to the AF. Now, my DH on the other hand is a serious Patton fan and loves military history (we're the couple who checks out battle grounds and military forts on vacation). So, I guess that's where I get my sense of patriotism from.

Thank you poster for feeling brave to post about your sons. I am so glad to know they've returned home safe. Thank God and Thank you.

I am a Navy Mom. My only Child id in the Navy for the last 8 years. We have meet alot of his Navy friends. They are all great. So I say Thank you to all of you, and to tell all of the Millitary "Thank you".
Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter