Potential: AKV Studio refurb to fit 5

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
When AKV gets refurbished here at some point, what are the chances that DVD will include a fold out chair as a 5th person sleeping surface for a studio. If the AKV studios can fit 5 people this would be big news. In the past, it seems some refurbished DVC resorts have added a 5th person potential to their studios.

GFV is the only resort that has both 1BR sleeps 5 and studios sleep 5, and it was built that way.

So far all studios that sleep 5 added the Murphy bed.

I wonder if AKV studios are more narrow? They were the 1st resort built with flat screen TV’s.

The AKV studios are 366 sq ft and GFV studios are 374 sq ft. Their size is very similar... maybe a fold down bed under the TV would also work. I can't believe that a AKV couldn't fit 5 some how in a studio... Just asking for input or if its even a possibility.

I am pretty sure odds are near zero for a while. They just did a soft goods refurb in 2016. AKV isn't on the schedule for hard goods until after 2022 at a minimum.

Since the one bedroom has the twin sized sleeper chair at AKV (except for the value villas), I'd bet they won't add the murphy bed to the studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter