Prayer and pixie dust requests--Updated May 2

If anyone is inclined, I'm requesting prayers for my cousin Mark who is in the hospital on a ventilator with what we suspect is Covid19. His wife passed away a year ago (3/8) from early onset dementia; and, he has two young teens who really need their dad. I'm so scared for them right now.
Hi Indimom. Any updates on Mark? Hoping he is improving. :hug:'s

Hi Indimom. Any updates on Mark? Hoping he is improving. :hug:'s

I almost posted an update yesterday. They removed Mark from the vent and he passed at 5:30 p.m. 3/26/20. He was 55. He was given seven Covid19 tests, and one came back positive for the virus according to his sister. :( His son and daughter are still on quarantine with his parents who were exposed the day his son called for help and he went to the hospital. It's gut wrenching not to be there for them. I just can't imagine their pain. I'm praying they all stay well and that God gives them the strength to get through another huge loss.

Last edited:

I almost posted an update yesterday. They removed Mark from the vent and he passed at 5:30 p.m. 3/26/20. He was 60. He was given seven Covid19 tests, and one came back positive for the virus according to his sister. :( His son and daughter are still on quarantine with his parents who were exposed the day his son called for help and he went to the hospital. It's gut wrenching not to be there for them. I just can't imagine their pain. I'm praying they all stay well and that God gives them the strength to get through another huge loss.

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Very sorry to hear this sad news about Mark, Indimom. :hug:'s Reminds us how fragile life can be. My prayers are with his 2 children, his parents, you and all his family and friends. God speed for Mark. Blessings.

I almost posted an update yesterday. They removed Mark from the vent and he passed at 5:30 p.m. 3/26/20. He was 60. He was given seven Covid19 tests, and one came back positive for the virus according to his sister. :( His son and daughter are still on quarantine with his parents who were exposed the day his son called for help and he went to the hospital. It's gut wrenching not to be there for them. I just can't imagine their pain. I'm praying they all stay well and that God gives them the strength to get through another huge loss.

Prayers lifted for your family. So very sorry.

I will update this as and when I see updates on my facebook feed.

Paul the husband of a good friend of mine Hope Ann was involved in a serious car accident along with 2 of their 5 children Kristina (age 18 adopted from Russia) and Katya (15 adopted from Ukraine and has multiple special needs including pressure on her brain due to a misshapen skull that has required 2 surgeries since her adoption in 2011).
Paul has several broken ribs and is being kept in the hospital overnight for observation
Kristina is home but is emotionally very shaken and in need of prayers for her emotions.
Katya is in critical condition and at the last update was in surgery at a children's hospital just over an hour from the community that the family lives near to relieve pressure on her brain. Her mom Hope Ann is at the hospital but has not been able to go back and see her as of the last update.

Pray also for the other children in the family Charity (in her early 20s) as she holds down the fort and cares for the family at home during this time. She is also commenting on her moms posts to provide information and update to friends and Chad (age 14). Also for their older son Todd (in his 20s) who is living in a different community where he is attending school though currently online. Todd does not have transportation to come be with his family and they are in an area that is under shelter in place.

Oh, sweetpeama! So many things going on there with that family. How very sad. Thanks for sharing with us here. The whole family will be in my prayers for healing and comfort. My best for them all.

I have gotten an update on Katya. She is out of surgery for the bleeding on her brain and has been updated to serious condition. I have been able to do some research and found out that the hospital she is in is currently only allowing 2 family members over the age of 18 in for visits that must be named and can not be changed the entire time the child is hospitalized.

I have not heard any information on the condition of their vehicle but imagine that it is more in likely either going to be down for a while at best or a total loss. Paul is self employed doing contract work in both construction and hauling vehicles. Due to conditions in the country overall he has not had much work and has had a number of jobs postponed. I also do not know how the communication device that Katya uses (she is nonverbal) to communicate fared in the accident. (My own daughter is also nonverbal and I can tell you the communication devices and or apps on multiple use devices are not inexpensive nor covered by insurance in most cases for loss or damage).

Edited to add an update. Hope Ann just posted that they are having trouble getting Katya's blood pressure to stabilize and is asking for prayers for that specifically. Katya will more in likely have another surgery later today.

Also pray for strength for Hope Ann as she will need to be by Katya's side almost constantly in order to advocate for her especially since Katya is not able to communicate much under normal circumstances. Due to Paul being out of commision and Charity needed to run things at home she is more in likely going to be doing this without someone to spell her off. The older son Todd has been exposed to the virus and still has some days (if my math is correct) of self quarantine and monitoring so is not able to either be with Hope Ann or take over at home.

I have another update from Katya's mother Hope Ann. Doctors are saying that Katya is going to have huge and ongoing needs if she makes it through the next 72 hours. She is facing a number of surgeries over the next few days. Hope Ann mentioned some great news as well which were one of the first responders knew Katya from driving the van for her school in the past, they had a friend from their church on call in the ER, and their pastor was able to go and be with Paul.

Last edited:
That's so heartbreaking. Your family is in my prayers.

I have gotten an update on Katya. She is out of surgery for the bleeding on her brain and has been updated to serious condition. I have been able to do some research and found out that the hospital she is in is currently only allowing 2 family members over the age of 18 in for visits that must be named and can not be changed the entire time the child is hospitalized.

I have not heard any information on the condition of their vehicle but imagine that it is more in likely either going to be down for a while at best or a total loss. Paul is self employed doing contract work in both construction and hauling vehicles. Due to conditions in the country overall he has not had much work and has had a number of jobs postponed. I also do not know how the communication device that Katya uses (she is nonverbal) to communicate fared in the accident. (My own daughter is also nonverbal and I can tell you the communication devices and or apps on multiple use devices are not inexpensive nor covered by insurance in most cases for loss or damage).

Edited to add an update. Hope Ann just posted that they are having trouble getting Katya's blood pressure to stabilize and is asking for prayers for that specifically. Katya will more in likely have another surgery later today.

Also pray for strength for Hope Ann as she will need to be by Katya's side almost constantly in order to advocate for her especially since Katya is not able to communicate much under normal circumstances. Due to Paul being out of commision and Charity needed to run things at home she is more in likely going to be doing this without someone to spell her off. The older son Todd has been exposed to the virus and still has some days (if my math is correct) of self quarantine and monitoring so is not able to either be with Hope Ann or take over at home.

I have another update from Katya's mother Hope Ann. Doctors are saying that Katya is going to have huge and ongoing needs if she makes it through the next 72 hours. She is facing a number of surgeries over the next few days. Hope Ann mentioned some great news as well which were one of the first responders knew Katya from driving the van for her school in the past, they had a friend from their church on call in the ER, and their pastor was able to go and be with Paul.

I received news earlier today that Katya passed away and is now dancing with angels and talking up a storm in heaven. Please keep the family in your thoughts during this time.

I'm sorry, sweetpeama , that Katya took a turn for the worse. :hug:'s . I, as were you and others, hopeful with your prior update. Thanks though for the sad update. She is indeed dancing with angels and talking up a storm in heaven. :cloud9:

Those who were also injured in the accident, her other family members, along with other family members and friends, are in my prayers of comfort. God speed for Katya.

I'm so sorry sweetpeama. I will continue to pray for comfort and healing for the entire family.

...prayers please for a fellow DIS-games player, chickapin parterre, who will be in surgery tomorrow. He has been battling the big "C" and he and his family could use some good wishes right now...

...prayers please for a fellow DIS-games player, chickapin parterre, who will be in surgery tomorrow. He has been battling the big "C" and he and his family could use some good wishes right now...

Glad you posted here too, Kim

Thanks for sharing, Kim. Wishing chickapin good results from his surgery and whatever follow up care he requires. Prayers for both him and family. And really, for all you gamers also, my best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!